Judge tosses SSO drug-buy case

Senior Member LEO Affairs Captain

Angry Judge tosses SSO drug-buy case

Quote Originally Posted by Todd Ruger, Herald-Tribune
    SARASOTA COUNTY - For the second time in two months, a judge has thrown out a case after ruling a confidential informant working with the sheriff's office crossed the line in setting up drug buys.
    Click here for the full story.
    "Coming together is a beginning. Keeping together is progress. Working together is SUCCESS." -- Henry Ford

Senior Member LEO Affairs Captain

Angry Re: Judge tosses SSO drug-buy case

"Coming together is a beginning. Keeping together is progress. Working together is SUCCESS." -- Henry Ford

Re: Judge tosses SSO drug-buy case

Dear Newspaper reporters and other such ignoramouses,

For you see folks, defense attorneys are PAID to CREATE doubt. That means they are ALLOWED to make stuff up, the Police and Prosecutors are bound by the truth and facts of the case. And in this case they did just that. Defense attorneys MAKE DOUBT by coming up with any plausable concoction they can in order to get a case tossed. That is their job and is unfortunately a part of the adversarial manner in which our criminal justice system is based.
    Dont think for a split second that the defense attorney in this case didn't sit with the fifty some year old "Model Citizen" and create this Love Story crappola.
    Any reasonable, prudent, law abiding citizen at that age in their life would have, should have, known this was a bad and very unlawful decision. C'mon, dats a lot of drugs to sell and not know you shouldn't do it.
    I seriously doubt the romantic target of her pursuits was that good looking anyways.

Food for thought folks--Keep up the good work drug guys--maybe when another kid, perhaps someone close to the critics OD's, they will have a better respect and understanding of just how incredibly bad the pill problem in Sarasota County truly is.
    I pray this does not happen, but the reality is that it eventually will

Keep the constitution strong and defense attorneys keep doing the job you are sworn to do--JUST DONT TRASH OUR COPS FOR DOING THEIR JOBS--you may actually need one some day !!

Hey guys...that bites! Hate to see good manpower hours wasted.....not really the detectives fault! Now the narc supervisor would have some questions to answer......hey lt, cpt...how about setting these men and women who risk their lives everyday up for success by sending them to the proper training! Case law supports the judge’s decision....def attorneys do get paid to cause doubt, but if the case is solid, these little embarrassments don't happen. One last piece of advice.....do the leg work on the front end and you will maintain your creditability with the courts.....now what do you think the SA and judge think the next time they come across an SSO narc case?

just look at who we have running that unit! hopefully sheriff knight will make some needed changes around here in many areas!

Quote Originally Posted by Narc
    Hey guys...that bites! Hate to see good manpower hours wasted.....not really the detectives fault! Now the narc supervisor would have some questions to answer......hey lt, cpt...how about setting these men and women who risk their lives everyday up for success by sending them to the proper training! Case law supports the judge’s decision....def attorneys do get paid to cause doubt, but if the case is solid, these little embarrassments don't happen. One last piece of advice.....do the leg work on the front end and you will maintain your creditability with the courts.....now what do you think the SA and judge think the next time they come across an SSO narc case?
    I'm sorry but you are off base. You don't know the facts behind the case and are Monday morning QBing. Anyone who has collected a few hundred narcotic pain killers did not just get them on a whim from a new boyfriend. It was the word of her attorney that said this is what she was saying, so it is a she said - he said situation. Like you never get them in criminal court cases? One would have to question why she had so many pills. One would have to question why she would even agree to sell narcotics, to get a boyfriend? Give me a break. Anyone who is a law biding citizen would not sell drugs to get a boyfriend and would more than likely tell the bum to take a hike, unless of course she is predisposed to that type of behavior. Which is what the source and the detectives are saying. No record of criminal behavior? Everyone who gets busted gets busted the first time with no criminal record.

Hey NARC....or should I say XXX....how's zone 16 treating ya. Why don't you stop talking about "the case law supports the judge’s decision" and go get another slurpee at the Shell. I think everyone’s over your whining and we all hate listening to a guy with sour grapes. “Entrapment is the act of a law enforcement agent inducing a person to commit an offence which the person would otherwise have been unlikely to commit”. Please apply that standard to either of the two cases in question and honestly tell me that those cases should have been tossed. That must have been a hell of a guy to make a woman sell 200+ pills to an undercover officer if all she was going to get in return was possibly a “relationship” according to the Tribune……no offense but I better be getting a free reign on a room containing not one but all of the Victoria Secrete Angels if I am going to risk prison time…..Both cases will be overturned on appeal. Please stop making waves XXX…there is nothing wrong with the supervision in SIB. They are overworked and underpaid like the rest of us…..ICE will be back soon don’t worry,,, then you will have something else to ***** about! :devil: