Channel 8 On Your Side Evidence Issues - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Channel 8 On Your Side Evidence Issues

Guest Again, according to your post you want someone to be held accountable. Maybe your right, maybe someone should be. But who do you think that person should be? Do you want to stand out and be the accuser? Think for a moment, should it be the current members in unit? Or should the problem be classisified as a pre existing condition that our current administration inherited from the previous administration. I do beleive there has been a frequent turnover in staff in the unit and the problem probably continued to be passed along from one person to the next. So does the problem fall upon the shoulders of the administration for not doing the right thing or upon the lowly members in the day to day mess of things. If the later is your choice, well you might have to go out of state to bring back some of the culprits who used to handle the evidence. Then again, some are still around, just in different job discriptions at the present time. Oh well maybe you should go down there and tell the folks how to run the evidence unit. Leave those folks alone, I think they are doing the best they can and probably better than you or I could do in a like situation. Nuff said!!! Oh by the way I work in the Detention Bureau so really I don't have to worry about it at all. Just trying to get accreadited at the present time, like LEB.

It looks like the first post was using the domestic issues as an example to make a point about the special report broadcasted by channel 8. In other words, if a part of the "system" starts casting blame and pointing fingers at a law enforcement agency on why this or that couldn't be done, it better not live in a glass house.

Quote Originally Posted by Guest
    I beg to differ. It is my understanding surrounding circuits have had success prosecuting cases without the victim in recent years. How do they prosecute murder cases? You don't have the victim there to testify in those. All you have to do is try once in a while instead of finding a reason why it won't work. It's time we are ALL held accountable.

murder and dv cases are 2 different things.. once again go spend some time at the sao and you will see... are system is messed up.. we have a long way to go to change it... happy turkey day!!!!!!!

Justice consists not in being neutral between right and wrong, but in finding out the right and upholding it, wherever found, against the wrong.
    -Theodore Roosevelt, 1916

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12