Free for all! - Page 3
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Free for all!

Re: Free for all!

Quote Originally Posted by Guest
    hey sgt, hit the grammer checker..
    lol....its "grammar" you idiot!

Ps. Bltch all you want. Nothing is going to change here. Just stay clean, apply somewhere else and don't give us a reason to "dirty you up" on your way out the door! Unless you want to work at the SLLPD (Sick Lame and Lazy PD) where 1/2 of your patrol force is on light duty. Carpel tunnel from being a cop? Give me a F/N break! If you didn't want to work mids and weekends, and you thought it might "destroy your marriage" the time to figure that out was in the interview when I asked you if you had a problem with SHIFT WORK. So the message here is, if you don't get your "hardship" approved because daddy misses you at night or you just want to work a certain shift that you don't have enough seniority to get, just feign and injury and pull staples all day from 8-5.

You know how we fix this crap? Have light duty work their original shift and days off and see how quick they feel better. Probably not as much fun pulling staples on mids by yourself with your crappy TUE/WED/THU off. Im sure each of my LT's could create a lot of stuff for you to do during your original work hours.

None of this applies to 377. So don't start your Bltching about that....you know they "type" I am referring to.

I beg to differ on the "forced transfer" of the cheese man. I love me some cheese, but that is quite the traveling man. He hasn't finished an assignment since he started here and none have been forced. He bailed from each one and if someone tells you otherwise, you need to go to a common sense school. I will say he was asked to help out with the SRO position, but this guy gets around specialized positions like herpes did in the 60's. As for the other examples, they are well traveled also, but special people get special treatment for special postions. This place has a predetermined spot for people and we just have to accept that. They will tell you they are trying to get new people into specialized postions to keep them interested and employed, but when it comes down to it, they will put their boys-girls where they want them, qualified or not. This is not a new concept and things will not change. Wait to see the movement around the PD after Jan 1. I think we'll see some of the same old travelers moving to different scenery. Your destiny has been chosen by others, smile and enjoy the ride

I love me some cheese too. But why are we hating on him? He may not have been "forced" out but he does work for his check, and then some. Should we not be happy for him. He is more knowledgable than some of the people who supervise us (him). Keep on trucking cheese, although some hate on people just to hate, I love ya. As for everyone else Happy Turkey Day. I am thankful for all of you and a PAYCHECK. We can bit** all we want but we are all still here and in this together.

Re: Toxic Coworker

Quote Originally Posted by Unhappy Soup
    Amazing what nerves you hit with you are supervised and you don't like it. Happy, when you just can't take it anymore just say, "may I continue to strive to maintain the Serenity to accept the things that are not mine to change, courage to change the things that I should for the betterment of the planet or even one life upon it, and, Wisdom to know the difference" or the good old standby, quit and police another city or county. It's ok, know when to leave and be good with it. I'm happy and proud of the people I work with (and yes, even you) and I can think of no other place I'd rather be. I know others who we work with and do not post on this site feel the same way I do. I presume you have a family that loves and cares about you and a job to support them. Be thankful or at least pretend or man up and tell someone who can do something about it. If you can't get happy, remember, "all the world's stage, and all the men and women merely players; they have their exits and their entrances." Know when it's yours.

WHY? Because I'm good enough, I'm smart enough and, gosh darn it people like me!!!! Let's all say this three times and it will fix everything! :lol: :lol:

Quote Originally Posted by joking right
    You have one guy who is on his way into his third specialized position in 8 years. How about we do the math on that one..He has never finished his commitment to one position. So, let's give him another one...good thinking
    I hope this was not posted by some special ops CPL with a grudge. I will defend this officer that you speak of in this post for a couple of reasons. He is always stepping up. Over the past year he has been transferred into two specialized positions, and not by choice. Is he crying and complaining? Probably not, although I would if I had to work with those kids. I speak from personal experience when I say that he answers his phone, on or off duty, regardless of the hour, everyday.

You come on here and complain about his movement in this agency but I implore you to tell me anyone more qualified for each of the jobs that he has or has had? I am a true believer in the selection process (5+ years in patrol w/o movement). If this was not the case then maybe he would not have had the opportunities he has had.

The true problems in this agency is that it is like a cancer. We demoralize each other instead of building each other up. Why? Because 385 got ANOTHER specialized position? Are you kidding me. Good for him. No one complains about 352 or 328 or 397.

Ask anyone who has worked with him and besides your complaint, nothing bad can be said about him. I hate to even say this because I know this will turn into a bash Cheese forum but try. And I will defend. Say what you want about me or him but he is a "Company Man" and I mean that in a good way.

Happy holidays, God bless and be safe.

ok, we know who the "golden boys are" thanks for pointing them out again. These people would have a F***** stroke if they had to actually do police work and o god no take a report.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Webster
    Quote Originally Posted by Guest
    hey sgt, hit the grammer checker..
    lol....its "grammar" you idiot!

Ps. Bltch all you want. Nothing is going to change here. Just stay clean, apply somewhere else and don't give us a reason to "dirty you up" on your way out the door! Unless you want to work at the SLLPD (Sick Lame and Lazy PD) where 1/2 of your patrol force is on light duty. Carpel tunnel from being a cop? Give me a F/N break! If you didn't want to work mids and weekends, and you thought it might "destroy your marriage" the time to figure that out was in the interview when I asked you if you had a problem with SHIFT WORK. So the message here is, if you don't get your "hardship" approved because daddy misses you at night or you just want to work a certain shift that you don't have enough seniority to get, just feign and injury and pull staples all day from 8-5.

You know how we fix this crap? Have light duty work their original shift and days off and see how quick they feel better. Probably not as much fun pulling staples on mids by yourself with your crappy TUE/WED/THU off. Im sure each of my LT's could create a lot of stuff for you to do during your original work hours.

None of this applies to 377. So don't start your Bltching about that....you know they "type" I am referring to.

Very True, what type of injury or bs are we allowing people to do light duty for. Come on this person is on light duty all the time. She wouldn't know police work if it hit her a 65 mph with a siren on.................. She was the same way at the jail, amazing how these people slip thru the process........................ why don't people bid for light duty so we can just expect to be short and not act shocked while everyone else is towing the line.

Ten hours. That is what is expected of you. When we took this job we didn't take expecting to take three calls and do a few BS 34d. Grow up. 10 hours. Does it matter if you get 1 call or 50? No. You are paid to be a police officer. If you think of it like that you will be better off. If you get so busy that you are down on your Friday, and then you find yourself too busy to get caught up them tell the LT "SHOW ME THE MONEY". Unfortunately this is not an eight and hit the gate type profession. And I know this is getting old but if you are not mature enough, and some of you are not, then leave. The funny thing is you don't see 224, 324, 357, or the like complain. Regardless of how busy they are they keep on trucking. Same goes for a lot of others. Now don't get me wrong, 333, 352, 359, 325 You can have em. 360, 328 at least they work for their 7 %. Oh, I like cheese too. I favor Brie or Extra-Aged Appenzeller. Have fun and relax.

To Captain Webster, I refuse to believe that you are in any supervisory role at this PD. If you are, then you are exactly what is wrong with this PD, your answer was unprofessional and condiscending. But like I said before, I don't think you hold any weight here, except for that around your waste.

and to 10 hours, obviously you've never spoken to any of the people you mentioned in your post....

And as for do your 10 hours and be quiet, I do more for this PD beyond the 10 hours that is required of me..I go far above and beyond and have been since I got here. The reason? Because I believe in my job. I care greatly for my co-workers, and I believe that as law enforcement officers we deserve better treatment from those that lead us. Am I asking to be coddled? Oh no sir, just respected as someone who comes in day in and day out and does more than what is asked of me. Do I want recognition? HA! This job is a personal sacrifice and comes with personal rewards..keep your paper and pins, I appreciate the gesture, but this means more to me than any of that. Do I want more money? In these times, I am happy to be employed, so keep your money, spend it on some more trees or equipment to keep my fellow officers safe. So what is it that I ask? Let me do my job. Let me excercise the discretion that we hold so dear, and most of all, let me be trusted to do what is right.

and one last thing, to the guy who asked if I am posting this on "park" time....there is no such thing as "park" time..my life = my time. sometimes I spend it MY time on the computer, sometimes I spend MY time enforcing the law. The other hours of MY time...are not your business.

Hope you all had a great Thanksgiving..From the Chief to 475.

I think the job is great. For the most part the people we work with are good folks. However there are a few bad eggs that ruin the basket. Im not talking about like the way it was done in the 60's and 70's (although I know we wish it was like that sometimes). All this business with stats, rats and light duty squad etc etc....it takes a toll on all of us. Lets just shag these calls together and at least pretend that we like each other.

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Soup
    To Captain Webster, I refuse to believe that you are in any supervisory role at this PD. If you are, then you are exactly what is wrong with this PD, your answer was unprofessional and condiscending. But like I said before, I don't think you hold any weight here, except for that around your waste.

and to 10 hours, obviously you've never spoken to any of the people you mentioned in your post....

And as for do your 10 hours and be quiet, I do more for this PD beyond the 10 hours that is required of me..I go far above and beyond and have been since I got here. The reason? Because I believe in my job. I care greatly for my co-workers, and I believe that as law enforcement officers we deserve better treatment from those that lead us. Am I asking to be coddled? Oh no sir, just respected as someone who comes in day in and day out and does more than what is asked of me. Do I want recognition? HA! This job is a personal sacrifice and comes with personal rewards..keep your paper and pins, I appreciate the gesture, but this means more to me than any of that. Do I want more money? In these times, I am happy to be employed, so keep your money, spend it on some more trees or equipment to keep my fellow officers safe. So what is it that I ask? Let me do my job. Let me excercise the discretion that we hold so dear, and most of all, let me be trusted to do what is right.

and one last thing, to the guy who asked if I am posting this on "park" time....there is no such thing as "park" time..my life = my time. sometimes I spend it MY time on the computer, sometimes I spend MY time enforcing the law. The other hours of MY time...are not your business.

Hope you all had a great Thanksgiving..From the Chief to 475.

OOOHHH....Happy learned how to type. I like you. You sure seem to know the answer to everything don't you soup? The fact that you have obviously been fretting and worrying that I am a member of your "command staff" shows how out of touch and unstable and bored you actually are. I could be anyone, public board, remember? Anyone from anywhere, my name and post merely lampooned some of the attitudes in our hallways. Obviously everyone else who read this had the common sense to know that, well, almost everyone.

Your attitude is typical of someone that does not have that much time in grade and has probably only wore one shield in your life. I also appreciate your advise you gave to just "leave." Though not very original, probably some of the best ever gave on these LEO affairs boards. The only problem with that is, when people keep leaving we are forced to hire a lower and lower caliber of officer. Another post mentioned the likes of 224, 324 and 337. These guys have been here from 10 to 21 years. We simply don't hire like that anymore. So as people leave like 292, 382, 365, 375, 374, 378, 388 or 391 our whole agency suffers. When you lose seasoned experienced and good officers the only person that wins is the city manager. Now we do lose some RODS and lazy whiners at times too, and that is a good thing. But I think the good people that leave far outweigh the bad.

I'm not here to attack you. Like you, I enjoy this place and I feel I am lucky to have a job. I grew up with a friend from St. Pete with a very high education that last year was making six figures. Today he is working at "Kinkos" due to losing his big shot hob at Ray J and our current economic situation. When asked by others why I would do this job, one of the reasons I would give is that I will never get rich, but I will never be out of work. We are all in this together and this situation does not have an easy fix. Moving the bike guys and playing the shell game with special units to cover is not the answer. It is a band-aid, just at the great and powerful L1's 12 hour shift idea will be. Want people to leave? He will probably make sure you get your wish! We need to start hiring a different type of officer, the kind that we have not seen here in years. We did a good job getting rid of that kid that we just hired last year. Do not remember his name, but the one that spent about 10 of his 12 months here on light duty. How much money and time and resources did we waste recruiting and securing him when we knew early on about his extensive medical history? We have done this for years. We hired 398 full well knowing about all of the issues, both professional and personal, that she was surrounded in. But we had to "fill spots." Any real agency would have just "Googled" her name once and ran like hell the other direction. But, we needed to just fill some holes.

We need to build this place back from the ground up, or we will always have a 10-12 officer Light Duty Shift and we will never reach our full potential. We are going backwards. We may all think that we do not need community policing, training officers, or other positions but we do not need to regress. I am out....I have "happy time" on my computer just like you!

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast