Free for all! - Page 2
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Free for all!

Re: Free for all!

Okay...we haven't had an 8 person bike unit in over 10 years, CIS has never had 9 detectives....

As for five years ago, you are right, we didn't have three LT's we had Two...

We didn't have corporals, we had SPO's and before that MPO's....

If you want to blame anyone for you being short right now, blame city hall and the taxpayers for voting for amendment one.

We lost three positions due to Amendment one, in addition, NK left and his position wasn't filled and you have about a half dozen officers on either light duty or no duty due to injuries, surgeries etc..

I beleive we are running over eleven short right now in patrol of no fault of the LT's or Cpls....

Place blame where it belongs....
    This post is complete garbage...5 years ago we had one LT, and the title SPO or MPO was only a title. Your job description never changed at all. You still answered calls. You were considered something along the lines as an FTO, someone to go to when there was a question.

Look the bottom line is this, the problem is no one is looking out for the engine of this police department. There is no advocate for the patrol guys that come in day in and day out and do work. They act like there is some chance of getting a specialized postion or getting promoted but everyone knows that those opportunites are few and far between and the selection process all the way around is pretty much a joke. You have one guy who is on his way into his third specialized position in 8 years. How about we do the math on that one..He has never finished his commitment to one position. So, let's give him another one...good thinking...You have back door crap going on like the "I want to replace the CPL in this unit that I'm losing, so the CPL doesn't have to go back to the road and shag calls." You have a SGT running around telling people that there are "unwritten rules" as to what is expected of us that is directly in conflict with what our SOPs say. There is talk of 12 hour shifts, guys getting moved around blah blah blah and everything is kept either a secret, or is done without any explanation. No raise, our super contract that we allegedly got a few years is being picked at little by little. How much can you take?

I remember a few years ago when you go your evals your SGT actually asked you what your plans were for the PD what positions you were interested and then tried to set up a plan to help YOU MEET YOUR GOALS. Now when you get your evals you get told that you aren't being productive enough and you are not helping the LT MEET HIS GOALS FOR THE SHIFT. Am I the only one that sees a problem with this? Every week when we come in to read off there is some new traffic wave or some new area that we have to keep an eye on blah blah blah all to help other sections of the PD meet there goals. well how about this, how about all of special ops comes out and shags calls for a night so we can run traffic and stop bike violators to keep our LT of our back. Help us meet our goals. Instead of taking our guys away to fill a position somewhere else, pull some of there guys to make up where we are short.

After all, aren't we always told that patrol is the most important section of the PD, well how about you act like it?

I feel sorry for the people on Mids............hang in there guys...a new shift bid is coming up......

You want more traffic? How asbout implementing a program like these guys to truly help people this holiday season.

http://www.officer.com/online/article.j ... 1&id=44307

Let's make a true impact on our community.

Texas Police Turn Traffic Tickets into Toy Drive

Posted: Tuesday, November 25, 2008
    Updated: November 25th, 2008 11:02 AM EDT

Most Read Most E-mailed E-mail Article Print Article

The Associated Press

SANSOM PARK, Texas --

Some police officers in a North Texas suburb are playing Santa Claus with naughty drivers.

For the next month, some motorists pulled over in Sansom Park will be given a "ticket for tots" instead of a formal citation. Drivers are then asked to drop off a $10 toy at the police station.

"This is a low-income community. A lot of the kids are not going to have a Christmas at all," Martinez says.

While it's not mandatory to donate a toy, police think forgoing writing motorists a ticket could lead people to return the kindness.

Officers have discretion over who gets issued a citation or "ticket for tots" depending on the violation.

Police point out that the average traffic ticket in Sansom Park - a Fort Worth suburb - costs about $165.

Toxic Coworker

Amazing what nerves you hit with you are supervised and you don't like it. Happy, when you just can't take it anymore just say, "may I continue to strive to maintain the Serenity to accept the things that are not mine to change, courage to change the things that I should for the betterment of the planet or even one life upon it, and, Wisdom to know the difference" or the good old standby, quit and police another city or county. It's ok, know when to leave and be good with it. I'm happy and proud of the people I work with (and yes, even you) and I can think of no other place I'd rather be. I know others who we work with and do not post on this site feel the same way I do. I presume you have a family that loves and cares about you and a job to support them. Be thankful or at least pretend or man up and tell someone who can do something about it. If you can't get happy, remember, "all the world's stage, and all the men and women merely players; they have their exits and their entrances." Know when it's yours.

You make me laugh Mr. Unhappy..there's a reason why my handle is "Happy Soup." I learned a very long time ago, probably before you were hired, that morality levels rise and fall with the tide. I have had many opportunities to leave and still do, but I stay. Not for the city, or it's citizens but for most of the people I work with. There are a list of supervisors that I would gladly stand beside no matter what the circumstances and who I feel would gladly stand beside me. The problem is that there voices are overshadowed by those who feel that they have to make a name for themselves.

Another valuable lesson that I learned many moons ago was that I'm not going to allow those who feel that we are there only to boost there numbers to take my enthusiasm and love for the job. I go to work every day with the same fervor and zeal that I did when I first got here. And no amount of ridiculous details, or silly stat pushes will take that away from me. I go to work happy, and I come home happy. It's all part of the job. But when you take a step back and look at the big picture of what is going on at the agency, you can't help but laugh.

As for my family, what the hell do they have to do with anything? Do you think I come home and gripe about all of this to my family? Absolutely not, because I refuse to think about any of thise beyond my work hours. I used to consider this line of work a life style, but now it's only a job.

So are you posting on Park time?

You have one guy who is on his way into his third specialized position in 8 years. How about we do the math on that one..He has never finished his commitment to one position. So, let's give him another one...good thinking
    I hope this was not posted by some special ops CPL with a grudge. I will defend this officer that you speak of in this post for a couple of reasons. He is always stepping up. Over the past year he has been transferred into two specialized positions, and not by choice. Is he crying and complaining? Probably not, although I would if I had to work with those kids. I speak from personal experience when I say that he answers his phone, on or off duty, regardless of the hour, everyday.

You come on here and complain about his movement in this agency but I implore you to tell me anyone more qualified for each of the jobs that he has or has had? I am a true believer in the selection process (5+ years in patrol w/o movement). If this was not the case then maybe he would not have had the opportunities he has had.

The true problems in this agency is that it is like a cancer. We demoralize each other instead of building each other up. Why? Because 385 got ANOTHER specialized position? Are you kidding me. Good for him. No one complains about 352 or 328 or 397.

Ask anyone who has worked with him and besides your complaint, nothing bad can be said about him. I hate to even say this because I know this will turn into a bash Cheese forum but try. And I will defend. Say what you want about me or him but he is a "Company Man" and I mean that in a good way.

Happy holidays, God bless and be safe.

sounds good, thanks for the pep talk.. has nothing to do with our situation...

hey sgt, hit the grammer checker..

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast