Another PCSO arrested for DUI...this time a Lt!

Another PCSO arrested for DUI...this time a Lt!

http://www.theledger.com/article/200811 ... ded_in_DUI

Deputy Charged, Suspended in DUI

Published: Tuesday, November 18, 2008 at 11:50 p.m.
    Last Modified: Tuesday, November 18, 2008 at 11:50 p.m.

Polk County sheriff's deputies arrested a sheriff's detention lieutenant Tuesday morning after he was discovered driving drunk, the Sheriff's Office said.

Anthony Eugene Lawrence, 47, was charged with driving under the influence and has been suspended without pay pending the results of an internal investigation.

About 1:20 a.m., a sergeant on patrol observed a

car weaving and hitting curbs while driving east on Cypress Gardens Boulevard in Winter Haven.

The sergeant stopped the four-door Toyota as it crossed U.S. 27, and after speaking with Lawrence, requested a field sobriety test. Lawrence failed the test and was arrested, according to the Sheriff's Office.

Lawrence was hired in April 1984 as a detention deputy, promoted to sergeant in August 1991 and to lieutenant in December 1993. He worked at the Central County Jail.

Re: Another PCSO arrested for DUI...this time a Lt!

Looks like ole' grady has a tight grip on his people. Everytime I open the paper I see another deputy getting arrested. You people's treads are loaded with drama you got going on. One arrested (or should i say UN-arrested) in mulberry, sleeping with god knows who to get out of it and still be the queen. Sprinkle that with a couple of DUI(s) a guy playing doctor, one playing with his step daughter's feet, and a couple of jailers passing out pills! What the h-e-l-l is going on down there. Sounds like to me your agency is running a muck! Its strange though, we ole'grady can get some face time for a "big" arrest, he calls the press himself, but when things are going to pot he lets the PIO handle it. So when is good you get grady, when its bad it's not his fault or his place to talk about?!?!

Hey schmuck, what you fail to note is that other deputies are making these arrests and doing what's right. They're not swept under the rug or handled under handedly out of public view. Any agency the size of Polk SO deals with the same occasional individual that choose to be a dumbazz.

First of all, you misspelled guest. anyway, just because the subjects are arrested, and not swept under the rug does not make it right.

Things are not swept under the rug ? so someone explain the Chief / 10-93 relationship and lack of discipline for it from the sheriff ? and just out of curiosity, does her husband truly not care or is he afraid to bring it to the light ?

Quote Originally Posted by guest4
    Things are not swept under the rug ? so someone explain the Chief / 10-93 relationship and lack of discipline for it from the sheriff ? and just out of curiosity, does her husband truly not care or is he afraid to bring it to the light ?
    lol...thats how i feel too bro...i know someone that was fired in a similar incident that the 1093 was in...but he was not arrested or charged with a crime....go figure