Attn: Ranger Fan

Administrator LEO Affairs Chief MOD 1's Avatar

Post Attn: Ranger Fan

I deleted another post of yours that violated the Terms of Use. You posted an allegation about an easily identifiable officer. (You included his initials)

You are no longer welcome to Post any messages on these Boards. LEO Affairs does everything it can to protect the identity of our invited users. We do not offer that same protection to those who are no longer invited.

Due to the nature of how you are posting, I cannot ban your IP address. Any future violations of the Terms of Use from you will result in my contacting your ISP.

Mod 1
    Mod 1

http://WWW.LEOAFFAIRS.COM

Terms Of Use

The real reason that we can't have the Ten Commandments posted in a
    courthouse is this: You cannot post "Thou Shalt Not Steal," "Thou Shalt
    Not Commit Adultery," and "Thou Shall Not Lie" in a building full of
    lawyers, judges and politicians...It creates a hostile work environment.

Re: Attn: Ranger Fan

I didn't mean to piss anyone off especially the MOD I'm know to be a tazmanian devil sometimes. So I won't identify anyone unless its a fact, T4? I have a lot to say before I retire and this is a good place.

Administrator LEO Affairs Chief MOD 1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ranger Fan
    I didn't mean to piss anyone off especially the MOD I'm know to be a tazmanian devil sometimes. So I won't identify anyone unless its a fact, T4? I have a lot to say before I retire and this is a good place.
    What you consider a fact, someone else might not. I don't know who is right. Maybe both are right in their own way of thinking. There is really no way for me to know.

That's why we have the "Substantial Proof" rule. If you want to post anonymously making allegations of wrong doing by a named, or easily identifiable person, you are supposed to post substantial proof. This can be a link to a legitimate news article, an image of a document in the post, a link to where the information is located (government website, clerk of court site, etc.) or registered members can actually attach documents to their posts.

Most anything can be posted here as long as you follow the rules when doing so. How many times have we heard the words, it's not what you said, but how you said it? It's the same thing here a lot of times. It's not always what is said, it is how it is said.

Instead mentioning specific names a lot of times, you can speak generally, sometimes using their rank. If their is a lot of that rank, ie Patrol, then you might say "an evening shift officer." Just don't get so specific that it narrows it down to 1 person. That defeats the purpose.

You can say things about Command Staff, supervisors, and other officers without it being an attack on the person. A lot of times some very good posts get deleted, because at the very end of it, the poster has to take a shot at the person.

Thanks,

Mod 1
    Mod 1

http://WWW.LEOAFFAIRS.COM

Terms Of Use

The real reason that we can't have the Ten Commandments posted in a
    courthouse is this: You cannot post "Thou Shalt Not Steal," "Thou Shalt
    Not Commit Adultery," and "Thou Shall Not Lie" in a building full of
    lawyers, judges and politicians...It creates a hostile work environment.

dont go Ranger Fan ...we need you !