:( SHERIFF FIRES CARLO DALEO!!!!!!
Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

:( SHERIFF FIRES CARLO DALEO!!!!!!

I CAN'T BELEIVE YOU SHERIFF!!!! CARLO DALEO HAS BEEN AT YOUR AGENCY FOR 16 YEARS.... THE MAN HAS SOME MEDICAL PROBLEMS SO HE CAN'T COME BACK TO WORK RIGHT AWAY.
    SO THE SERGEANT AND CAPTAIN RESPOND TO THE HOSPITAL , NOT TO CHECK ON HIM BUT TO TELL HIM HE IS FIRED........ SHERIFF YOU HAVE MADE ME SICK RIGHT NOW.
    COULD YOU HAVE PUT HIM ON LEAVE WITH NO PAY? BUT TO JUST COME OUT AND FIRE HIM WAS A POOR JUDGEMENT CALL.....SORRY SHERIFF, THAT WAS A CRAPPY THING TO DO. THE MAN HAS TWO CHILDREN TO SUPPORT AND YOU TURNED YOUR BACK ON HIM.
    P.S. YOU WILL NOT HAVE MY VOTE OR ANY OF THE HUNDREDS OF PEOPLE THAT I KNOW IN HERNANDO COUNTY ON NOV.4

Re: :( SHERIFF FIRES CARLO DALEO!!!!!!

Dear Sheriff,

I'm highly disappointed in your lack of caring for one deputy. I'm sure this could have been handled another way and instead you choose to fire a deputy for an illiness. This is not what I like to see from a leader in our agency. I'm sure Tom Mylander would have never done this to one of his deputy's. This act is a true/deep disgrace to our agency.

If this had been anyone in 102's inner circle of hanger-onner's the rules would have been bent six ways from Sunday! So much for Christian compassion!

I heard the news about Carlo earlier, and it really ticked me off. He has 16 years with the S.O., and he is a former Deputy of the Year. Just because his FMLA leave was up doesn't mean that you had to fire him. There are plenty of other arrangements that could have been made to retain him as an employee. He could have been placed on unpaid leave. How could you morally justify sending your subordinates over to Shands so they could tell Carlo (who was lying in his hospital bed) that he was out of a job? You are just so concerned about your bottom line that you have lost all traces of humanity.

Now, in this horrible economy, you have taken food out of the mouths of Carlo's children. How is he expected to pay his mortgage? When he gets better, how do you expect him to find work with the unemployment rate as high as it is? Looks like Carlo will be another unfortunate foreclosure statistic, thanks to you. Think about that when you are warm and cozy in your huge house. Nothing like screwing a poor Deputy right before Christmas. Hope his kids enjoy getting NOTHING for Christmas this year.

EVEN WORSE, how is he supposed to pay for his medical treatment now that his HCSO insurance is gone? Are you gonna chip in for that??? Don't think so.

You sicken me. God help us all.

What happened to the so-called new policy of sending out an email to all employess notifying us of resignations and terminations? Im sure more than half the office still has no clue about Carlo being fired. Plenty of us would've donated sick time if it was needed. The sheriff has lost his freakin mind ! I've given up on trying to make sense of this place. No wonder morale is in the shitter. Your staff and your subordinates can wait for you and your drone to leave in 2 years !

Now is the time for us non chosen few at this agency to stand together and support Carlo. Most of us have worked with him and know he is a great guy. This could be any of us and you see how this so called administation takes care of us. Carlo is one of the nicest persons you could ever meet and would do anything for you. A person who dedicated 16 years to this agency and this is how they show their thanks. The only ones they care about are their golden children who write lots of checks for the campaign, kiss ass and sell their soul to the devil. We have no one to watch out for us from above so we need to take care of ourselves. Just a word to the Golden Childen at HCSO, your day will come and like those in the past you will be asking yourself how could they do this to me after all I have done for them. History will continue to repeat itself.

This is why this web-sight needs to go.. You MORONS do not have the BALLS and find out the real story. Have you talked to Carlo??? This is a federal law that added to our policies because a few idiots abused the system at the tax payers expense. Did you know that the department helped him with unemployment insurance , and pay???? Why don't you inquire before you show your true stupidity on this from.... And for the true recorded.. He was not fired... He has an opportunity to come back once he is well enough. The press even tried to make a story out of it... and Carlo even told them that was no story.... So you idiots need to take care of yourself and not worry about others..

And LEO affairs needs to go..

The memo I got did not say "You're Fired", it said "Non Disciplinary Dismissal". So although I may not have been "fired", I do have to turn all my stuff in, so feel free to interpret that as you wish (I know how I am interpreting it). For anyone who does want to know the "real story" feel free to call me anytime. I hope that just because my employment at the S.O. is over, my friendships are not.

When are you guys going to realize that hcso and the administration do not care one bit.You can be a golden boy one minute and fired the next.They are scared for their own jobs.The admin. is friends with each other only in a proffesional way.They can care less about each other.Look at Lt. Baxley, when we was putting in 60-80 hours a week and gettnig paid for 40 hours.COme on guys wake up!!!go home and play golf or paint a bedroom wall!!

"So you idiots need to take care of yourself and not worry about others.." There are those wonderful Christian Republican family values again. "ME ME ME" "Take care of yourself and forget about the others". Lovely.

As for the federal law you are so proudly touting. It is called the Family Medical Leave Act and what it states is that an employer must provide three months of leave to an employee for a qualifying medical event with no termination of medical benefits provided that the employee keeps up the payments that he/she is responsible for (if he/she is required to pay for their medical benefits) NO where in the law does it state that an employee MUST BE TERMINATED after such time is exhausted. The law gives the employer the right to terminate the employee. There is a BIG difference. Get your facts straight.

I truly feel for Carlo because he is (or in this case was) a great cop and a good and exemplary employee. It is an unfortunate situation all the way around. I do restate my point that had this been anyone in the inner circle, they would have found a way around it. There are a few select employees, who shall remain namless, who are allowed to "work from home" due to family and personal medical issues only because they are "connected'. This, despite the fact that there is no formal work at home policy in place, nor any procedure in place to track these hours. And this is only because that these indiduals have burned through every hour of time that they have and don't qualify for FMLA because of their patterns of use (or abuse).

Hang in there, Carlo. You have the support and admiration of your friends at the HCSO.

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast