Merged Topics Regarding Sheriff's Election - Page 3
Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Re: Randall Says Bye Bye Flight, 10 hrs shift, Reduced Overtime

To Dep Change....Nope I'm NOT one of the top managers and no interest of being one as I don't want to lose contact with the deputies. As a matter of fact I lost 2 deputies from my squad to HCSO and it was one of the most depressing days of my career BUT life does go on and they have jobs. I even spoke to several of those deputies that I DID'NT know and expressed my feelings about them leaving and told them how much the agency was losing by losing them. Most were hard working, experienced, good people. HCSO got the best end of that deal. I don't agree with what happened and spoke out against it. I personally happen to believe there had to have been another option, but unfortunately that is what was decided by the administration and we will never always agree with their decisions. If Jones gets in, I guarantee we WILL NOT agree with his decisions. You worry about your finances NOW, just wait until you have no take home, no OT, no shift differential, and that is just the beginning. I can't speak for the jail, but I can honestly say I personally don't want to work a 12 hr midnight shift and I'm sure they don't either. I don't believe its safe in this profession, and don't like it for us or the jail.

I'm a working stiff just like you, you assume incorrectly that I am one of the "family" nothing could be further from the truth, trust me. I just try to see the big picture and not be swayed by false promises. I can see through the BS and I see where we are heading, it aint pretty. But what will be, will obviously be. If he is voted in, I only have a short time to deal with it, you guys however, well...your futures hang in the balance. Hopefully, we'll all pull together and make this thing work regardless. I'd hate to think of the alternative.

I'm glad we can agree that the current sheriff has hurt us and will continue if allowed to remain here. We know that it’s important to cut a fire line during a forest fire to save the forest. Well in this case the fire line for us is the vote and there is no reason to allow this fire to burn. Coats in my opinion is like fire to agency and we have been burn.

Coats yes, Jones no, the rest is bullocks

I accept the following truths. Many posters here are not deputies. Many of the deputies that do post here are just here to stir the pot or to vent unintelligent gripes. I'm most likely debating with the same three or four people all the time. But oh well.

Having said that I have to address some of the posts I have read and totally disagree with. Someone went on about how they lost friends to the layoffs and were "forced" to work 12 hour shifts. Well, I presume you to be a detention deputy. The jail voted against a union, and for that I said bravo then. But the union might have, I and I mean "might", have prevented that. You also blame Sheriff Coats for the layoffs and that he attempted to "scare the public". Are you so ignorant to believe that the Sheriff, who has been a deputy for over thirty years under at least four other Sheriffs, would want his term to be marred by layoffs to scare people? Are you serious? I suggest you go pull a copy of the budget, wade through it and let us know where money could have come from to save those jobs -AND- not miss the window to get them jobs at HCSO. Get back to us on that one champ.

I also revel in the posts that claim we need change and cannot handle another four more years. Well, this is not the presidential campaign and Randall Jones is no Obama. At least Obama has been in the business for decades of government service and he has multiple degrees. Randall has been nothing more than a deputy and has nothing but a high school diploma. That in and of it self should be enough for most people to laugh at the idea of Randall being a Sheriff. But you people complain and blame the Sheriff. I again ask you, what would you do different? I think all things considered that we are doing well. If some of you would open your eyes and look at other government positions that hacked by the county, count yourself lucky if you have less than two years on and still have a job.

So you come down to whining about morale. Again, I think this is mostly b.s. I cannot speak for the jail, but I think your job is a miserable job under the best of circumstances. But as for the road and bailiffs, give me a break. It could be horrible for us. We could be issued old and failing gear, no take home cars, required self pruchase items, lack of back up, proactive IA, restrictions on discretion and overall authority. Ask our brothers who worked through the 80's if they ever went through a pay freeze. This is the first year that has happened in a while and you guys are up in arms. Detail pay got a bump and yet we complain about how details are given out. I remember when you got what you got unless you were able to help the clerks out when they needed to fill one quick.

So what does it come down to. The Sheriff is not the best speaker, in your opinion? The Sheriff does not walk the halls enough to make you happy? You havent seen the Sheriff at readoff enough? Minor issues that reflect the new generation of cops that need to be thanks for coming to work everyday. Brothers, I remember not seeing a Captain show up for readoff for an entire shift, and you complain you dont see the Sheriff. Last i checked he still has an open door policy, be a man and take advantage of that if you feel the need. But don't come on here and say "vote for change" (ironicly the Obama mantra) and say lets get Randall Jones in office.

Let me tell you about Randall. You go right ahead and stop some special people in Lincolc Highlands, High Point, Coral Way, or Baskins. They will be on the phone to Randall's cell phone in a heartbeat throwing you to the wolves. Ive seen it first hand in several areas during stops of my own. Randall would counsel these people, have them question what you are doing and why and tell them what to do. Thats dispensing legal advice without a license by the way. But how funny is that the people I stopped that pulled this game were convicted felons. They are the not the customers of PCSO, they are the end users. If you want the criminal element having their man in office, then by all means, vote for the High School Graduate.

The good citizens off Pinellas County know a sham when they see it and they know what the qualifications are for Sheriff. Lets quote Randall at a recent forum, "Do you people feel that your safer today than you were four years ago?" The answer was a resounding, immediate, unequivical ,"YES!!!!!!" Then Randalls family and friends tried to supplement the response with some, "uh ah, nope, nope, no." Well too little too late Randall. In the big boy world of politics, Randall, a wise man does not ask a question in public that they dont know tha answer to. Good luck with your career after the campaign there Randall and enjoy USFPD.

Re: Coats yes, Jones no, the rest is bullocks

That post explains your position toward particular areas of the county and probably the world. Remember the constitution is the foundation for all citizens to be treated fair. The right to address any issue is also a citizen's right under any sheriff. Any person that read your post will understand that a change is needed. Thanks

Re: Coats yes, Jones no, the rest is bullocks

That post explains your position toward particular areas of the county and probably the world. Remember the constitution is the foundation for all citizens to be treated fair. The right to address any issue is also a citizen's right under any sheriff. Any person that read your post will understand that a change is needed. Thanks

Oh wow, how prejudicial are you? You presume because I mention low income areas, that are multi-cultural, that I am a racist? Wow. And the "end user" comment was directed towards the convicted felons, youre prejudice if you presume them all black. And which constitution are you speaking of, the country's or our state's? And sorry champ, convicted felons do not share the rights of good citizens. Any person that read my post will reach their own conclusion, your's is not the only one. And the "right to address any issue is also a citizen's right under any sheriff" is true, but is not blanket approval to defy lawful orders of a deputy. There are proper channels to address "issues" after the fact. Randall, along with Lyndell Bright (demoted then fired) went way out of their way to promote civil disruption and outright disobediance to deputies countywide. Any person who has worked with Randall Jones has seen this in action. There is a right way and wrong to handle situations. Randall promoted and promotes the wrong way. Don't kid yourself. Randall as Sheriff would make SPPD look like a great place to work.

I think you have Jones confused with car 2.

Re: Randall Jones Will Win this Election

Jones will win in a shocker. Coats is going to lose this thing, mark my words. :cop:

Re: Randall Jones Will Win this Election

I have been a repulican voter for over 30 years and live in Pinellas County. I have voted for Coleman, Rice and Coats. Not anymore. Coats has been a big disappointment. My nephew works for PCSO and after hearing him speak about Coats, he has me convinved to vote Jones. Just for what its worth.

Quote Originally Posted by dep even
    Hey slap shot. This is not your agency. It belongs to all of the citizens of Pinellas County and they will decide at the poll who will be the sheriff not you with your selfish attitude. I I I, what about the needs of all.

I never said it was, nor did I come across as selfish. I have no clue where you read that or how in the world you interpreted what I said as that. They are issues that do affect the entire agency, not me. Nothing I mentioned affects me personally, well, other than possibly working for an unqualified sheriff with next to no clue. I have been negatively affected by Coats, I was transferred back to patrol during the cuts. But I'm intelligent enough to see the reasoning behind it. You support who you want and so will I.

I merely stated that RJ's solutions sound like what people want to hear, not what is best for the agency, or even a do-able solution. I also simply stated my opinion, like everyone else has.

Ok slapshot you have been exposed with the last post. The post was personal because of lost or transfer.You are a victim too.

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast