Merged Topics Regarding Sheriff's Election
Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Post TM TALKS MITCHELL SCARED OF JONES?

Tom where is the song of Jones you made? Did you get scared and remove it? What gives?

Re: TM TALKS MITCHELL SCARED OF JONES?

Tom whats the deal I want to hear this song you did up.

Merged Topics Regarding Sheriff's Election

Greetings, fellows. Given recent polling trends, Randall will win this election, so get used to the idea. Coats is too tied to McCain and his Republican "old man" image at this point to prevail. Change is in the air, and Randall is going to ride the wave. If you don't like it, then learn to, because it is going to happen. By the way, I'm a Republican, but I'm through with the present "lot" of all of them, because they have let us all down. I don't believe Randall is the most qualified, but I do believe he is going to win. Man up and suck it up! :cop:

Re: Randall Jones Will Win this Election

I do agree with you, and not out of malice. You know, some strong points to consider is that Randall is one of us. I think it will be along time before he loses touch with where he came from. Think of our bickering and complaining on this board. He too was unhappy with the way things were run, at least he stood up and said "There is something wrong here and I can change it." I do not think Coats runs the office by himself. He has accountants, attorneys, and other advisors who say "I think we should do this because..." The same will hold true with Randall, just in a more level headed atmosphere. Good luck Randall, I voted early, for you.

Anyone that logically casts a vote for Randall, needs a self awareness check. Why would you vote for someone with no education, no experience and someone who couldnt even pass the Sergeant exam?
    Just because Randall has nice teeth like Barack Hussein Obama, doesnt mean they can perform the duties of a CEO.
    The last thing we need as President or Sheriff, is a preacher!

I am a Pinellas County Sheriff Deputy and I approve of this message.

Hey you, so call Big Daddy Kane, remember this. The office of Sheriff is decided by votes from the public governed by Florida statute not according to your opinion. Big Daddy Kane you should remember that the office of Sheriff was never decided by a promotional exam that you can take until you blue in the face and not receive a promotion. Many of the employees that received top scores were passed over for one of the collaborators responsible for harm of others at the agency. A college degree can be obtain at any point in life but in Jim Coats' case the lack of ethics, vision and common sense has been his down fall. For Coats its simply time to accept the fact that only the members of the agency that support him are the good ole boys and the collaborators that have no place to go. So Jim Coats saddle up and prepare to ride out of town just like in the old west. Remember too that I was once a supporter until the layoffs and lack of raises. Thanks for the years of service.

To "Deputy Knowledgeable" you are obviously off your meds. Jones has a sub-zero...chance of winning Cub Scout, much less a Sheriff' race, in my very humble opinion. This appears to be nothing more than a resume building steppingstone for a City Concil job later.

P.. I just cast my vote for the only sensible alternative CAOTS!! That is all. :cop:

I hope you check the right box, because you spelled COATS wrong.

120 out of 121

This is an interesting article from TBO.com. There truely is only one choice for the job "JIM COATS":

http://suncoastpinellas.tbo.com/content ... es-ballot/

Sheriff

Randall Jones, an 18-year veteran, resigned from his job as a deputy with the Pinellas County Sheriff's Office to take on the man at the top of the organization, Jim Coats.

Jones said Coats has failed to stay in touch with his troops and the community, to bring financial responsibility to the office and to rein in what Jones says is an increase in violent crimes.

Coats scoffs at the allegations, saying many of them are misleading.

Coats, sheriff since 2004, said he remains in touch, in part, through his work on the boards of organizations including the Boys and Girls Club, the Pinellas County Health and Human Services Council, and the Pinellas County Education Foundation. He also works with the NAACP and neighborhood groups.

Jones faulted the sheriff for increasing his legal staff by three lawyers. But Coats defends the move, saying it has reduced the risk budget by $1.4 million as his legal team fights claims made against the sheriff's office or works to recoup money from those who have driven into deputies' squad cars.

Jones also says the numbers of murders, robberies, aggravated assaults and burglaries have gone up in Coats' jurisdiction. But Coats says Jones' numbers are for the entire county, which is misleading.

Cities with their own police departments – such as St. Petersburg, Clearwater and Largo – are responsible for their own crime rates.

When one looks at Coats' jurisdiction – the unincorporated areas, plus the smaller municipalities that contract with his office for police protection – crime has gone down 27 percent in the ten years Coats has served as either deputy sheriff or sheriff, he said.

"He misleads the public," Coats said of Jones. "He has no substance to his own qualifications so all he can do is attack me."

Coats held a variety of positions at the sheriff's office while he worked his way up through the ranks; and twice, then-Gov. Lawton Chiles asked him to temporarily take over two beleaguered sheriff's offices in the state.

Jones never made it past the rank of corporal. In November 2004, Jones took the sergeant's test but failed. In a system that also takes into account education, tenure and specialized assignments, he was ranked 120 out of 121 candidates for the promotion, according to the sheriff's public information office.

The race also has a write-in candidate, Greg Pound.

Re: 120 out of 121

Why do you continuously post information on past articles and a so call promotional test? The fact remains that the citizens of Pinellas County will vote for sheriff and its a foregone conclusion that most people will vote democratic. Jone has proven that the crime rate is up just as he said earlier this year. Now the St.Pete times has sustained Jones’ information.
    Go to the archives of the times and you will see that facts show that crime is up. Democrats have voted more than 3 to 1 so far during earlier voting. Stop with the subversive information if you really care about the agency. Randall served the agency with distinction and when he perceived a problem he took action. Not on LEO AFFAIRS but by entering the race for sheriff. Thus he has proven to be very smart and has captured my attention. We need a change at this agency and with Coats and his old guard we won’t see change.

Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast