[quote=Colt Seavers]
Quote Originally Posted by Guest
Quote Originally Posted by "Colt Seavers":1cvunbh6
The only deputies wanting to get rid of the helo are the ones who have never been proactive so they don't know what it's like to need the helo up when chasing someone. I agree whoever posted we don't get in chases and have shootings everyday is either a citizen without a clue or one stupid employee. We have shootings everyday and some type of chase at least a couple times a week.
This stupid employee and many more stupid employees are smart enough to know there are things that we need a lot more then three helicopters that cost several hundred thousands of dollars in cost including salaries and benefits.

Get the funding for the highest priorities first, and then fund your air force. As far as I’m concerned before the first employee is laid off due to loss of funding, the helos can go.

If you don’t agree with that name the employees you value less than the helos and sign your name to their loss of their jobs.

I don't disagree with you, I'm saying instead of just canning the program, see if there are other avenues for funding the helo. I would never propose we keep the helo over keeping someone's job, get a grip. As far as stupid employee, that only applies to you if you are one of the ones saying we don't have enough violent crimes and vehicle pursuits to need a helo. We have numerous violent crimes a day.[/quote:1cvunbh6]

McMOrgan and his supporters live in Beautiful East Hill where there is no crime. They have no idea what its like to work a real beat. Brownsville is just a blip on the screen when you look at all the areas problems. The problem is these old veterans who say"I never had a helo when I worked back in the 70's, 80's so why do we need it now? Well I'm sorry that we did not have a helo back then but we have one now. We like it, most citizens like it so deal with it. It has proved itself invaluable and has made our job on the ground safer and thats what counts.