Former Chief Moss - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re: Former Chief Moss

Its not all about the money. Its about not being around garbage in florida. hurricanes, high taxes. keep your higher pay. Ill live longer here in Woodstock.

Quote Originally Posted by Guest
    Its not all about the money. Its about not being around garbage in florida. hurricanes, high taxes. keep your higher pay. Ill live longer here in Woodstock.

the work is the same no matter where you go..you might as well get paid for it....
    Every time you answer a call, run code to a call, step out and direct traffic, work
    at night, or conduct a traffic stop, you are putting your life at risk...you will live
    just as long in woodstock as you will in Florida....but you and your family will live
    better in Florida...Now go and put used tires on top of the trailer to hold you roof down....a storm is coming.....

Quote Originally Posted by Been there done that
    Quote Originally Posted by Georgia
    Thank God that f***ing basted is gone. Now Woodstock will be able to get along with the rest of the County. I would imagine one of the Floridians wrote the above quote about getting out of the 70’s. We are all sorry that your master MOSS has left you, why don’t you go with him. You know the only reason you where ever hired is because you where friends of MOSS. You followed him to Woodstock and we are all sure you will follow him to his next big adventure.
    Anyone working in Georgia law enforcement has been in a losing position for years....And anyone from Florida that has worked in Georgia knows it now....In Florida top out pay is 65,000 within 5 years, or about 31.00 dollars an hour, 3 hour minimum for court appearance and thats at an overtime rate or 50 dollars an hour, in South Florida virtually unlimited overtime and details, 30 dollars bi-weekly for full medical insurance for the family with dental insurance, take home cars, 300,000 in life insurance, 3 percent paid towards your retirement, and drop programs that match your highest five years of pay.. or in other words an additional 250,000 in cash when you retire....

Georgia average salary is about 35,000 a year....Dont knock florida they have their shizzat together....No wonder most of you live in a trailer
    Your information is incorrect. I work for the FHP and we top out at what we started at.

Lets see ...making $60,000.00 in retirement from a Florida agency with 3% COLA. Now working for another agency in Florida and already vested with a second pension. Before you know it guys and gals you too will be retired with no survivable income. Think of your family, health care, and future... dont be so short sighted on how nice it is in Woodstock. You all have great potential, but need to move forward. Yes, people complain at all levels and the grass is not always greener... but you must think of the future of you and your family.
    I also have a home in Georgia and travel frequently between states ONES WORK ATTITUDE says it all... and yes I have been in your city frequently and eat at the wing place near the RR tracks.

Woodstock with its future growth and location has GREAT.. GREAT POTENTIAL !

Good luck.. and be safe !

See Thats the problem.. you work for FHP.. may be great as a second job but you cant afford to live on the States salary. I know.. I work for the State after retiring from a PD with great benefits , and a great retirement. I make more in retirement than my starting salary at the State.. but its a great "second" job sort of like a deferred drop program !

Well it would appear the haters of the Florida Boys at Woodstock P.D. are eating their own words. One was promoted to Sgt a while back and the other is successful as well. So.....Moss wasnt the answer. Hate all you want. But remember.....you may work for one of those Florida boys one day.

You are correct, Moss was not the answer, he was the problem. The one who was "promoted" a while back was given that position, he did not compete for it, but is a good guy. As for the other, I nor anyone else would consider him sucessful. He should be counting his lucky stars that he didn't get fired 2 years ago. If the current Chief was here then he would be in the unemployment line for sure.
    Quote Originally Posted by outsider---looking in
    Well it would appear the haters of the Florida Boys at Woodstock P.D. are eating their own words. One was promoted to Sgt a while back and the other is successful as well. So.....Moss wasnt the answer. Hate all you want. But remember.....you may work for one of those Florida boys one day.

wELL HES NOT IN THE UNEMPLOYMENT LINE. Why is that? He obviously has something to offer.

Why cant you guys just accept the fact that both of those guys are good guys. They work hard and are team players. Stop hating. Come to Florida and see how long you could make it in a real police dept. Ill be glad to train you. I have worked with both of those guys for years and NEVER had any issue with them. Grow up.

Post Re: Former Chief Moss

Inquiring minds want to know what is the real truth about Mr. Richard Moss....is it is inability to keep his cool or mabey his interests over seas....just want to know the truth please keep ugly comments for later...Why was he really terminated from your agency and what is the truth of the assault allegations on another officer? Rumers are flying in Miami please do tell just want the truth :wink:

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast