Alternative Insurance Options for Sarasota Sheriff LEO's
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Alternative Insurance Options for Sarasota Sheriff LEO's

To All Sarasota Sheriff LEO's:

My name is Peter Napoli and I am a Professional Insurance Broker. In regards to the high premiums for health insurance that you are paying for your dependents and/or yourselves, L.E.O. Affairs has requested my services to address the situation.

For example, as a Tampa Police Officer wanting to cover your spouse under the City's Family HMO plan, you could find yourself paying an extra $204.80 per paycheck ($409.60 per month) for this coverage. In comparison, I could get your spouse equivalent medical coverage for as little as $105.00 per paycheck ($210.00 per month), which is based on a 30 year old female. If you work for another agency, I can probably save you money on the same coverage as well. All final rates are based on age, sex, and final medical underwriting approval.

If any of you are interested to see if you can save money by covering your dependents with individual health insurance, you may call me at 800-758-1495 or 386-566-0433 which is my cell phone. You may also email me at peternapoli@bellsouth.net or you may post your request on the Message Board that LEOAFFAIRS.COM has created: (http://forums.leoaffairs.com/viewfor....%204fb8c640b2). I will need your dependents ages or DOB, and the county and the zip code you live in. In most cases, individual insurance is much less in cost in comparison to health insurance offered through the city, county, or state. We also offer life insurance for you who are police officers and/ or your dependents. The good news is that there are several plans available with various rates to choose from.

Thanks,
    Peter

Re: Alternative Insurance Options for Sarasota Sheriff LEO's

is this feasible?? can this really work?

Isnt is true that when you leave a group insurance plan that there are certain people the insurance company will not cover? People who have had cancer, heart disease, arthritis and diabetis to name just a few? Then they go by age, weight ect.... Some people just are not able to leave a group plan.

peter. How much a month for just my 8 year old daughter. Zip 34231. I'd stay with SSO plan. Can you describe deductables and copays. She is currently on our HMO plan. I think I pay about $200 a month for her now.

Whoa.. lets not get real excited yet.. The key word in his post is with approval by medical underwriting. WASSS dat mean ??
    In most group plans like ours.. when you are employed, you are automatically accepted.. the healthy with the unhealthy~ thus the higher premiums.
    Private companies such as Peter's will ask questions about your health such as ~ Do you smoke? How tall are you, how much do you weigh. What meds do you take ? Do you have high blood pressure? Diabetic? Ever had cancer? These all assess your insureability risk, and thus how much you pay. They may require a mini in home physical~ Blood pressure, weight, draw blood, etc, before the underwriters approve you for the plan.

I just tried to get Blue Cross/Blue Shield. As soon as they heard I was hyper tensive and diabetic ( very common for L.E. folks), and my wife was a former smoker~ they politely said~ WE can't help you.

So look over the total package.. not just the bottom line before jumping ship. Sometimes cheap rates can be deceiving... what happens when you get sick?? will the rates go up and become un-affordable ?

Thank you for your questions. I believe the best way to respond to all of your questions is to answer them in the order posted:

Yes, this can and does with dependents as your portion of the premium as an employee is usually paid by your employer while their portion is usually the responsibility of the employee. Because individual health insurance is medically underwritten, the insurance company is able to assess the risk much better so as long as there are no major health issues, so the premiums can be significantly lower.

Ins't is true that when you leave a group insurance plan that there are certain people the insurance company will not cover? People who have had cancer, heart disease, arthritis and diabetes to name just a few? Then they go by age, weight etc.... Some people just are not able to leave a group plan.
    Great question...Yes, it is true! That is why I recommend that you give me a call as I am considered a field underwriter and can give you a pretty accurate assessment of what will happen after going through a health questionnaire. Plus, I never ever recommend that you remove anybody off the group plan until the individual plan makes you an offer that you are happy with after applying and going through medical underwriting. If you are not pleased, you will be refunded 100% of the first months premium which is required to be paid at the time of application. Just remember, it will not hurt to just investigate as it may save you money.

peter. How much a month for just my 8 year old daughter. Zip 34231. I'd stay with SSO plan. Can you describe deductibles and copays. She is currently on our HMO plan. I think I pay about $200 a month for her now.
    Thank you for your inquiry. The best way for us to proceed would be for you to pop me an email (peternapoli@bellsouth.net), and then I would be more than happy to email you the brochures as well as the rates. As long as she is healthy, you will save money. To post plan benefits would be quite lengthy (as far as it being a post would be).

Whoa.. lets not get real excited yet.. The key word in his post is with approval by medical underwriting. WASSS dat mean ??
    In most group plans like ours.. when you are employed, you are automatically accepted.. the healthy with the unhealthy~ thus the higher premiums.
    Private companies such as Peter's will ask questions about your health such as ~ Do you smoke? How tall are you, how much do you weigh. What meds do you take ? Do you have high blood pressure? Diabetic? Ever had cancer? These all assess your insureability risk, and thus how much you pay. They may require a mini in home physical~ Blood pressure, weight, draw blood, etc, before the underwriters approve you for the plan. I just tried to get Blue Cross/Blue Shield. As soon as they heard I was hyper tensive and diabetic ( very common for L.E. folks), and my wife was a former smoker~ they politely said~ WE can't help you.
    So look over the total package.. not just the bottom line before jumping ship. Sometimes cheap rates can be deceiving... what happens when you get sick?? will the rates go up and become un-affordable ?

That is correct. Again as I mentioned above, until the policy is issued, I DO NOT recommend anyone drop their current plan. My number one job is to protect you. I do recommend that you contact me with your dependents information, that way I can give you a preliminary assessment at no cost to you of course. As far as a physical exam, as long as the dependent went for a physical within the last two years, there would be most likely no physical required. If there is a possibility that you can save money, why not investigate. As far as the Blues are concerned, I sold Blue Cross for 10 years and yes their underwriting is a bit stringent. Aetna is the only company in FL that will consider Type 2 Diabetics and their underwriting is a bit gentler. Humana is comparable to Aetna except they will not consider any diabetics. Like I mentioned above, I strongly recommend that the employee remain their group plan as their employer is in most cases paying the premium for the employee. As far as rate increases, there are only three companies in the state of Florida that are considered "regulated" companies. They are Aetna, Humana and Blue Cross Blue Shield of Florida. When a company is regulated, any potential rate increase must be subjected to he state of Florida for approval. They are forbidden to increase the rates on any one person because of claims. Any rate increase once approved by the state must affect all insureds in the state, not just an individual. On average, rate increase percentages for individual plans with regulated companies are significantly less than unregulated company plans, and group insurance plans.

I hope this helps. I really want to encourage you to give me a call @ 386-566-0433 or 800-758-1495. You may also email me at peternapoli@bellsouth.net Again it will not cost you anything to at least investigate and if we are able to save you money, and you like the benefits, you will ultimately benefit financially.

Thanks,
    Peter

Thank you Peter. You sound on the level.

You are quite welcome. I have been in the individual health and life insurance for 11.5 years and like I said in my last post, I have no problem advising and educating folks as to what their options are regarding life and health insurance.

Be Safe,
    Peter

edited out by Mod 418 for security purposes

Quote Originally Posted by Peter M. Napoli
    or you may post your request on the Message Board that LEOAFFAIRS.COM has created: (http://forums.leoaffairs.com/viewfor....%204fb8c640b2).
    You didn't post the full link (it's dead). Please post the full link to readers can view it.

Mod 418

Sorry about the wrong link. Here is the correct one: http://forums.leoaffairs.com/viewfor...280963129175b1

Thanks,
    Peter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast