FOP Endorsement
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: FOP Endorsement

Cool FOP Endorsement

Just a note for everyone that the local lodge for the Fraternal Order of Police (Highlands County Lodge 99) voted to endorse Sheriff Susan Benton for our candidate of choice for the upcoming general election.

Re: FOP Endorsement

Big Deal :devil:

Question????

How many members belong to FOP???
    I never received any information on FOP and what do they do exactly. Will they have legal counsel, or have a life insurance policy for my spouse?
    And if FOP was a sound orginization why haven't all the Officers joined before PBA was voted in?

Question, Get with me at my office and I'll gladly answer your questions. I would do it here but some of the answers would be to long for this forum. JP

Someone please turn off Ouverson's emoticon buttons. While your at it, turn off mine too. :snicker:

IT WOULD SEEM TO ME THAT DISCUSSING THE FOP IN JP FANE'S OFFICE (I GUESS THAT MEANS HE IS ON DUTY) JUST MIGHT BE POLITICAL AND IN VIOLATION OF DEPARTMENT POLICY, SINCE THE FOP ENDORSED THE INCUMBENT, AND SINCE OTHER DEPARTMENT MEMBERS HAVE BEEN "CAUTIONED" ABOUT DISCUSSING THE SHERIFF'S RACE WHILE ON DUTY.

TO BAD THE FOP DIDN'T OFFER A FORUM OR DEBATE BETWEEN THE CANDIDATES BEFORE ARRIVING AT AN ENDORSEMENT.

Quote Originally Posted by Guest 00007
    IT WOULD SEEM TO ME THAT DISCUSSING THE FOP IN JP FANE'S OFFICE (I GUESS THAT MEANS HE IS ON DUTY) JUST MIGHT BE POLITICAL AND IN VIOLATION OF DEPARTMENT POLICY, SINCE THE FOP ENDORSED THE INCUMBENT, AND SINCE OTHER DEPARTMENT MEMBERS HAVE BEEN "CAUTIONED" ABOUT DISCUSSING THE SHERIFF'S RACE WHILE ON DUTY.

TO BAD THE FOP DIDN'T OFFER A FORUM OR DEBATE BETWEEN THE CANDIDATES BEFORE ARRIVING AT AN ENDORSEMENT.
    I don't care about the FOP - they are useless. Did they interview both candidates before deciding who they would endorse? Did they take a poll of their members to see who their members wanted for Sheriff?

What a joke. I'm voting for Grimming - we need change.

I will not sit down with you JP as you are good at not being forthcoming with answers.
    The questions were simple and with the PBA that has over 50% membership of the road I think I would trust its members judgement.
    They are there when needed and anyone can tell you what when why about them.
    Those 10 or so people that belong to FOP are in there from the good ole days when you had to be "INVITED" to attend.

JUST ANSWER THE QUESTIONS ON HERE SO ALL CAN SEE THE TRUTH

Dear Mr/Ms Question,

I had chosen not to discuss lodge business on this forum because it is rather impersonal and as a fraternal organization in person is a preferred method of communication. You have to fill out an application to join, so you might imagine not knowing who you are or where you work I can’t answer some of your questions.

There are currently 66 active/retired law enforcement officers that make up our lodge. The have legal defense (we have local attorneys as well as one from larger firms on the coast and through out the state) as well as health and life insurance plans. Some lodges are also labor lodges.

Joe Stump is the individual that did the initial campaigning for PBA for the Sheriff’s Office. There just wasn’t any member of the FOP here at that time that wanted to take on that task.

Sound organization?=. In 1917, the idea of a National Organization of Police Officers came about. Today, the tradition that was first envisioned over 90 years ago lives on with more than 2,100 local lodges and more than 325,000 members in the United States. The Fraternal Order of Police has become the largest professional police organization in the country. The FOP continues to grow because we have been true to the tradition and continued to build on it. The Fraternal Order of Police are proud professionals working on behalf of law enforcement officers from all ranks and levels of government, ya maybe sound.

All officers of the FOP are voted for and can not be self appointed.

Question????

How many members belong to FOP???
    I never received any information on FOP and what do they do exactly. Will they have legal counsel, or have a life insurance policy for my spouse?
    And if FOP was a sound orginization why haven't all the Officers joined before PBA was voted in?

Since PBA’s arrival at the SO we have doubled in size, I see that trend growing.

Guest 00007; Since the FOP is currently a Fraternal organization there are no rules, regulations nor laws that prohibit discussing it’s organization at work. If there are please enlighten me. The person in question asked solely about the organization not a political conversation, I think you just like to read things into every little corner you look into. As for the PBA it is the current labor organization with strict rules and guidelines that control that type of thing. I’m sure you were aware of that before your post but since you just like to remain angry and stir things up enjoy.

Anser???? I would challenge you statement of covering over 50%, I don’t see you actually having the membership of covering the 50% of the 68 assigned to the road patrol. But then you are missing other members that you represent and don’t bother to fill in on what you are doing. Every member of the local Fraternal Order of Police lodge was advised and invited to the monthly meeting to discuss the possibility of endorsing a candidate for the Sheriff’s race. Of the 28 people that showed up (how many showed up at your last meeting?) 82% voted for the endorsement of Sheriff Benton.

Did you ask you PBA dues paying members if they wanted to have the PBA spend over $7,000 dollars for flyers against the Sheriff? Who voted in your current representatives?
    Yup, one fine organization you have there.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast