"changes" - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: "changes"

Re: "changes"

Hey TK passed me the other day coming to work in her new Take Home!!! What is wrong with the world!!!!

TK was doomed from the very begining. she was skating on thin ice here for a while and it was only a matter of time before she got 07ed. i think TK was marked for death because she spoke her mind and didnt take any sh!t from brass. she was a good person with a bum rap. i wish TK the very best of luck at Opa Locka.

I you believe the above about TK your are a complete idiot. A good person, maybe. A bum rap?? Yeah sure. If you believe that I have some swamp land I would like to sell to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Up Sh!ts Creek
    And the academy award for best portration of a Police Dept. goes to Lifeless in HPD. I sir agree with your posting 120%. BRAVO Lifeless BRAVO. If you would be so kind as to let me express some of my concerns........

The ED (Extra Duty) situation is as crooked as a paraplegic’s spinal cord. Posting for an ED in this place is like playing a game of Russian Roulette. I have posted my name for every ED possible and have not gotten one yet. However, you have certain individuals who have ED’s up the ying yang. Some ED’s don’t even get posted, they are given to these individuals via a telephone call. You have many officers (Myself included) that walk around here shaking uncontrollably, mumbling, and scratching themselves all over trying to solicit someone for their ED. Just like a f@cking crack addict trying to solicit someone for a rock. While other departments can’t fill their ED’s fast enough, we are fighting tooth and nail for scraps.

Another f@cked up situation is our lack of equipment. While officers with court ID’s ranging in the 1900’s have computers, I still have a “Tandy”. Yes, you heard right a “Tandy” I use this Pre-Historic piece of sh!t to write reports. Now don’t get me wrong, many people used Tandy’s. Take for instance Moses. He used it to write the Ten Commandments. Other people to use the Tandy were Michelangelo, Shakespeare, The Ancient Egyptian Pharos, and HomoErectus. It’s sad that in the year 2008 other departments have Computers, GPS systems, Machines to scan Drivers Licenses, Portable DUI machines, printers in their cars, Radars, Flux-Compasetors, etc. and I’m still using a Tandy!

Another f@cked up situation is the Money/Budget issue. We don’t have take homes, we don’t get raises, we don’t have higher ED rates, we don’t have equipment because of the budget. Yet the Main Station is being rebuilt, the gym is being rebuilt, a building at Walker Park is being built, we got a big truck (Command Post) and the vehicles were given new paint jobs. Hundreds of Thousands of dollars are being put towards sh!t we don’t need. Put that money to use on something useful like patrol!

In conclusion the best way to sum up this place is to compare it to the Titanic. It’s quickly sinking and you have just two options.
    (1) Jump ship and leave to another department
    (2) Remain on board and hold on for a long, treacherous ride.

No wonder people are leaving here faster than a 10 year old boy at Michael Jackson’s house. Mayor Robaina and his staff better wake up and take drastic measures to better this place or we will continue to lose good officers! Chief Overton can only do so much. God help us all!
    :cry:

"Now don’t get me wrong, many people used Tandy’s. Take for instance Moses. He used it to write the Ten Commandments. Other people to use the Tandy were Michelangelo, Shakespeare, The Ancient Egyptian Pharos, and HomoErectus. It’s sad that in the year 2008 other departments have Computers, GPS systems, Machines to scan Drivers Licenses, Portable DUI machines, printers in their cars, Radars, Flux-Compasetors, etc. and I’m still using a Tandy! "

Just reading throuh some oldies...but man...this was great! Thanks for the laugh!

The Tandy 100 was actually a computer made in Japan by Kyocera. All the ROM programs were written by Microsoft, and even a few of them were written by Bill Gates (!) himself ! These programs include a text editor, a telecommunication program, which uses the built-in modem (300 baud), and a rather good version of BASIC (no big surprise there).

Kyocera made this computer for three main companies: Tandy, Olivetti (Olivetti M10) and NEC (PC 8201), these computers are the same except the case and some little differences in the programs and a few physical differences.
    Tandy TRS-80 Model 100/102

The operating system uses 3130 bytes of the 8 KB RAM. So the 8 KB models (Catalog # 26-3801) didn’t sell very well. But there was also a 24 kb model (Catalog # 26-3802), and one year later, Tandy replaced the Tandy 100 with the Tandy 102 (which has 24 kb RAM too), and later with the Tandy 200 (1985).

The Tandy 102 is 1/2 inch thinner and one pound weight different. The "Date-Bug" (random changing of the calendar) is also repaired from the Model 100. But many people still prefer the feel of the Model 100 as there are also more 100-only accessories on the used market than compatible accessories...

The CMOS CPU (80c85) allows to use the Tandy 100 for 20 hours with only 4 AA batteries (5 days at 4 hours/day or 20 days at 1 hour/day)!! The model 100/102 is still considered and used as an excellent machine, mainly to type texts when you're on the move (you can transfer them to modern computers) and even to send and receive emails !

Fun fact : its CPU was also used on the Mars Pathfinder probe's Sojourner rover !

SPECIFICATIONS:

NAME TRS-80 Model 100 / 102
    MANUFACTURER Tandy Radio Shack
    TYPE Home Computer
    ORIGIN U.S.A.
    YEAR 1983
    BUILT IN LANGUAGE Enhanced version of Microsoft BASIC
    KEYBOARD Full-size typewriter style keyboard
    8 function keys
    CPU Intel 80c85 (code and pin compatible with 8085)
    SPEED 3 MHz
    RAM 8 kb, up to 32 KB (29638 bytes free)
    by incremental 8 kb RAM pack on PCB
    ROM 32 kb (up to 64 kb)
    TEXT MODES 40 x 8 (LCD screen)
    GRAPHIC MODES 240 x 64 (Full-Dot matrix)
    COLORS monochrome
    SOUND Beeper
    SIZE / WEIGHT 30 (w) x 21.5 (D) x 4.5 (H) cm.
    I/O PORTS Centronics
    Tape
    Bar Code
    RS232
    Phone
    System Bus
    BUILT IN MEDIA User RAM battery backup
    POWER SUPPLY 6v DC - 1.1 w or 4 x AA alkaline-manganese batteries
    PERIPHERALS Disk-drive
    Printer
    Acoustic modem

Only the best for my men and women in blue!

Re:

Quote Originally Posted by Thank God
    I am sooooooooooooooooooo glad I left, its been a year since I left and every time I bumped into a former co worker they have such a depressed and sad look on there face, and here I go going on and on about how I am loving my new department.

You guys really need to wake up and smell the cuban coffee, it ain't going to get any better, you can complain, moan and groan all you want, you ain't getting take homes, raises and better benefits cause at the end of the day you work for hialeah!! These days saying you work for them is like saying you work for indians!!!!

For god sakes TK left, that should be a big hint!!!!
    How dare you slander the Indians! You will be hearing from my attorneys!

Billy Joe Tiger
    Chief of the Seminole Tribe

Billy Joe, what "tribe" are your lawyers from? Aren't they busy fixing your latest family DUI? Go gut a gator!

There from the "Sioux" tribe. DUI legal on reservation.
    Regards,
    BJ

Thanks for that tip, BJ. Can we interest the PBA in hosting a kegger at the Hard Rock? Twenty bucks a pop and no designated drivers! Of course, Mae and Julian would be waiting at the checkpoint on the border with Hollywood.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12