Speeding ticket - Page 2
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Speeding ticket

Re: Speeding ticket

This "miami cop" is giving all MIami Cops a bad rap............by the way he sounds he must be a real jerk off! "Miami Cop" you are a disgrace to the badge.

I have been in Law Enforcement 20+ years in Florida. I have given and received breaks in that period of time. Yes on one hand speeding in citable, however most of us drive like cops and over the years we all just about without exception do speed. I have never with knowledge have given a brother leo a citation. I have arrested a leo on a domestic( no discretion). We as a profession take hits all the time for things outside our control. We can only depend on each other. Once I establish that I have stopped a leo. I advise them to have a good day and hand their credentials back and leave. The rookies will see the light. Robocops don't last. Just my 2 cents worth.

Quote Originally Posted by Embarrassed
    After 19 years working in law enforcement, I was really humbled today by a Georgia state trooper. I received a ticket on I-75 s in Dooly this morning, headed back to Hillsborough County FL. A no nonsense officer pulled me over for doing 86 in a 70. I didn't realize that I was going that fast. I offered no excuses and he offered no explanations.

To all the civilians out there, it made absolutely no difference to him that I was an active LEO. I was just as shocked with my first yellow slip of paper in 25+ years. Only an hour after having a deer run into the side of my rental van.

Keep up the honest work. Made me cognizant of my speed this trip for sure... ops:

I think that suxs.................I am a p.o. and do NOT give other p.o.'s cits unless I am ordered to do so! :cop:

I am a south Florida cop and have been for almost 20 years. I have friends and family in departments all over South Fl, and family that was a GA LEO. My question is: was the "miamicop" an alpha-hotel to the GSP officer? Having stopped more than my fair share of LEOs, I have encountered a minority that were complete alpha-hotels..."What are you stopping me for?"...Uhhh, violating about 4 traffic statutes in a mile and a half of highway..."But I'm a cop!" ...and I am supposed to know this HOW? Certainly not by your driving! Perhaps if you put a sign on your personal car; you know, the one with the illegal tints on the windows and that @!*$%@! train horn!!! Unfortunately, we tend to remember the bad ones...

I have traveled I-75 and various county roads through the great state of Geogia, and I must say, every GSP officer that I have encountered has been fantastic. I got lost in Thomas County, and the kind-hearted deputy from Thomas County SO led to the right highway, and didn't even laugh at me...Macon PD was AWSOME!...They treated my family like royalty when we stopped in to say hello at one of their stations while driving through the city.

I apologize for the FL LEOs that are alpha-hotels. The majority of us are not like that. We do the same job and we respect your jurisdiction as much as you respect ours.

hello all, I have never written another cop a ticket, ever. started in the business in Pasco Co in 1970, before formal training carried a 44 mag revolver boy those were the days. well in all fairness to the new guys learning the business they are being taught by FTO's who are them selves rookies.

I feel sorry for the next generation of cops I guess they will not be allowed to kiss their Mothers next. We are all brothers when the smoke clears there is nothing we won't do to help a cop on side of the road being harmed.

Lets hope the new guys make it long enough to find that common ground with other cops around the country. I think more cops would be better served by reading a few pages of Masonic law instead of the Georgia's Law book. Give us old guys a break
    we all speed and its neat to drive fast in those new cars so look at yourself in the mirror and you will see me at 60 and still working

I would just like to say thank you to the GHP that gave me a break over the Memorial Day weekend. I was driving for 9 hours straight and unfortunately didn't keep a close enough eye on the briefly reduced speed limit. He gave me a verbal warning and that was the end of it. I will not forget the discretion shown by this officer for an honest mistake. He was a true professional.

I recently drove I-75 all the way through Georgia and back down to Florida. I did not see a single trooper in Florida. I saw approximately 60 traffic stops in Georgia by GSP and APD. There were some total idiots flying by me and every one of them got nailed. You guys do a good job up there and you save alot of lives. I was in a pack of 20 cars at one point and more than half of them were pulled! As a fellow leo, I realize that if I take a chance and speed, I also take the chance of risking my life, others, and risk paying a costly ticket. Keep up the good work and stay safe!

Florida LEO

Quote Originally Posted by Embarrassed
    After 19 years working in law enforcement, I was really humbled today by a Georgia state trooper. I received a ticket on I-75 s in Dooly this morning, headed back to Hillsborough County FL. A no nonsense officer pulled me over for doing 86 in a 70. I didn't realize that I was going that fast. I offered no excuses and he offered no explanations.

To all the civilians out there, it made absolutely no difference to him that I was an active LEO. I was just as shocked with my first yellow slip of paper in 25+ years. Only an hour after having a deer run into the side of my rental van.

Keep up the honest work. Made me cognizant of my speed this trip for sure... ops:
    I pulled up the original post to bring the focus back to what the this thread was about. Not a 19 year veteran griping about getting a citation for something HE did, but instead acknowledging it and letting the public know that we realize we are not above the law though many try to act like it ('miamicop' take note: this is how a man takes responsibilty for his actions and doesn't blame the results of them on others; 'Another miami cop', I have worked with enough of your personnel to know all of you are not all like that wingnut). As a 23+ year state trooper in South Florida, I've had my share of city and county LEOs speeding in and out of their jurisdictions at 20, 30 or more mph over the limit and have given plenty of verbal warning and a few written ones when their attitude was borderline. I've only issued two citations in that time period: one was for an idiot (still in uniform coming from work) that tried to run from me when I u-turned on him, and the other was for a "special" individual who took it upon himself when I approached his car to inform me what my limitations were with him ("You can ask me for my license, registration, and insurance and that is all. I don't have to sit here and listen to you"). That last individual made his own bed, as far as I was concerned. I get tired of seeing marked units flying home because they live outside of the city or county they work in, or clocking them flying to work because they are so jaded with the job they wait until the last minute (or past the last minute, as the case may be) to leave home, or they overslept, whatever. I pray they don't crash and make me have to work the mess they made, have to go make notification of next of kin, etc., and then expect me to try and cover what they did when I make the report, because I don't want to be put in that position. I don't want to be put in the position of stopping an officer in uniform in his personal car, then have a judge, assistant state attorney, or news media in a van stop behind me and inform me of how the car I stopped was driving like a maniac up the road and they want me to do something about it. A lot of cops don't think about the position they put their brother law enforcement officers in by driving like that, but then again most of them that drive like that probably don't give a darn about enforcing the traffic laws anyway. To 'Embarrassed', I'm sorry you got cited but I promise I would feel the same way if I got cited: What am I going to say? It's my fault, not the trooper's. You are obviously a stand-up guy.

Quote Originally Posted by arresteddevelopment
    I recently drove I-75 all the way through Georgia and back down to Florida. I did not see a single trooper in Florida. I saw approximately 60 traffic stops in Georgia by GSP and APD. There were some total idiots flying by me and every one of them got nailed. You guys do a good job up there and you save alot of lives. I was in a pack of 20 cars at one point and more than half of them were pulled! As a fellow leo, I realize that if I take a chance and speed, I also take the chance of risking my life, others, and risk paying a costly ticket. Keep up the good work and stay safe!

Florida LEO
    If you are from Florida then you KNOW why you didn't see a single trooper in Florida. If you didn't call your legislator anywhere in the past 3 years (doubt you did) and as a citizen demand raises for your troopers before they bailed out and left for a city, county, or federal agency (like yours) then you have YOU to thank/blame as well!

Quote Originally Posted by arresteddevelopment

Florida LEO
    Ya Florida is a joke when it comes to traffic enforcement. No manpower

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast