COPS for Obama!!!! - Page 13
Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213

Re: COPS for Obama!!!!

Citizen,

You clearly have lots of time on your hands to try to extend this dialogue. I don't, so will make this brief.

The contrast between college educated and common sense views had to do with the two strains of cops in our agency. The poster was expressing which strain he preferred.

There is no thread that I know of where there is a discussion of what liberal policies are destructive to society because it is self evident to all street cops. You've undoubtedly heard discussions of this kind for years. No need to resurrect them here.

The final fact is that your supercilious postings are not going to be taken seriously by the participants in this forum because you haven't paid your dues by risking your life on the cruel streets of Suitcase City alone at night; engaging street gangs of drug dealers; or being in gun fights with desperate felons.

Talk, particularly on a message board, is cheap.

My "supercilious postings" ARE actually taken seriously by many, you felt you had to respond as have many others.
    Nothing pi$$es off a LEO more than a civilian. In all situations. Doesnt matter if the civilian is right or wrong, educated or not, paid his/her dues or not, many LEO just dont want the non-LEO in their inner-realm. This thread could have been about the Bucs record for the previous year, doesnt matter, I'm not a LEO and I should not comment on the topic of sports or any topic in this forum because I have not paid my dues in Suitcase City.

Ahh! But I have! I spent 7 years in that area. Not working four 10 hour shifts, I worked six shifts of twelve hours or more. I did experience the drug gangs, the guns, the violence, etc.. Definitely not as often as ANY deputy on here, but as the victim in that area often enough to be just as frustrated as any deputy to have to go to work in that area on a daily basis.

Unfortunately, you let the "You are always right, you never back down" LEO training go to your head, as do many LEO's. I can speak of that, I have years of that experience. I've played football, played softball, Superbowl parties, Deer hunting and saltwater fishing trips with Cops. Often, I was the only one in the group that was not a cop.

And its funny how many cops, even when they are engaged in casual conversation, off-duty, with a tax-paying law-abiding citizen, don't back down, even if they happen to be totally wrong. It doesnt matter the topic, sports, parenting, auto mechanics.

I DO appreciate, more than most, the job HCSO has to do in dealing with the BS of Fletcher/22nd st or west Hillsborough ave or Brandon blvd. I appreciate it more, because I spent alot more time in these areas than my average neighbors over the years in our ivory towers of South Village drive and Lutz'Lake Fern Rd.

As you can see, I don't pretend to be someone I'm not by just posting as "guest" with some snippy little sarcastic post. Everyone can see who I am. And I post because I care, I sympathize. and I am empathetic.

Anyway, I was not the one to ressurect this thread, someone else decided to "call me out" and resurrect this arguement. The election is OVER, S&P bustesd 1500, the DOW crushed 14,000, the future is bright and 2013 is gonna be a great year.

I am your Huckleberry.

I didn't realize you had so much experience in Suitcase City.

I'm sure you actually faced a lot of danger working there.

Most pizza delivery guys do.

:snicker:

Quote Originally Posted by Perspective

Is this the post you'd like a supporter to read? does your attitude and commentary reflect that of your office? You support my argument with that post, that it is common for a LEO to be unable to engage in casual conversation using intellect and logic with a non-LEO.

Your posts pretty much say " get away from me/us you idiot taxpaying civilian"

Your sarcastic 7th grader remarks actually do a great job to add validation to the other threads in the HCSO forum that us taxpayers just arent getting our moneys worth.

I am your Huckleberry

Quote Originally Posted by ThePvtCitizen
    Quote Originally Posted by Perspective

Your posts pretty much say " get away from me/us you idiot taxpaying civilian"
    He's not so dumb.............. He broke the code.

:cop:

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213