MAYOR SCOTT NEWTON & CITY LEADERSHIP
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

MAYOR SCOTT NEWTON & CITY LEADERSHIP

Wow. The Ann Barnes story is on CNN and USA Today. The city now has reached a new low under the leadership of our short termed mayor ( thank you jesus), SCOTT NEWTON. Everybody knew what was going on in Ann's department put it was always swept under the rug by SCOTT NEWTON and the city manager, JOSEPH GALLEGOS, our very own MR G. They were warned on numerous occasions that the situation invoving Ann, Mellisa ans Banks Sr was going out of control about the racial comments about afro americans, hispanics , gays,lesbians and jewish people. Instead of dealing with the siyuation, they always tried to sweep it under the rug. Terrible decision. HR( Brenda, Dio & Linda) was wrong also by not trying to investigate and rectify the problem. NEWTON thought the problem would be solved by getting rid of Harold Horne but it really backfired on him , HR & our own Mr G.In talking to a investigative reporter , a lot more will be coming out about this situation that will really humiliate the city and it's management .

Re: MAYOR SCOTT NEWTON & CITY LEADERSHIP

when you think of it can we really sink any lower in having a ineffective city manager who could care less about the welfare of city employees( both general and the super rich cops) whose decisions are totally driven by the wishes of a city commission instead of listening to his own dept heads. Gallegos should have been shown the door a long time ago. He has totally botched this city hall/pd bond issue with lisa and they both need to go, quickly. Neither has much support left.

As a WM police oficer for 7 years, i am SCHOCKED that the PBA has endorsed MAYOR SCREW THE EMPLOYEE, SCOTT NEWTON, for state senator. He is not qualified to be a dog catcher. Better yet, maybe he is qualified to scoop up the dog crap at colohattchee park.

dude
    Quote Originally Posted by Nite Crawler
    Wow. The Ann Barnes story is on CNN and USA Today. The city now has reached a new low under the leadership of our short termed mayor ( thank you jesus), SCOTT NEWTON. Everybody knew what was going on in Ann's department put it was always swept under the rug by SCOTT NEWTON and the city manager, JOSEPH GALLEGOS, our very own MR G. They were warned on numerous occasions that the situation invoving Ann, Mellisa ans Banks Sr was going out of control about the racial comments about afro americans, hispanics , gays,lesbians and jewish people. Instead of dealing with the siyuation, they always tried to sweep it under the rug. Terrible decision. HR( Brenda, Dio & Linda) was wrong also by not trying to investigate and rectify the problem. NEWTON thought the problem would be solved by getting rid of Harold Horne but it really backfired on him , HR & our own Mr G.In talking to a investigative reporter , a lot more will be coming out about this situation that will really humiliate the city and it's management .
    This story has only tapped the beginning of how racist the management of wilton manors is. It includes the MAYOR, CITY MANAGER & CITY COMMISSION including LEISURE SERVICES, HR , The PD and check out the LIBRARY and the DIRECTORS history in Vermont. Talking felony charges but the child was only a minor? Right Rick ?

How is the Ann Barnes sacrifice coming along. Is she among others ready to be sliced up on the altar.

NEWTON FOR .....NOTHING!!!!!!

MESSAGE FROM MAYOR SCOTT NEWTON

As my present term as your Mayor draws to a close, I once again wish to express to
    all, the great pride I feel in what we have been able to accomplish together in this splendid City of ours. As I look back to my first volunteer service on the Planning & Zoning Board in 1994, through election to the City Commission in 2000 and finally as your Mayor for the past 2 terms, I am awed by the number of great people who served so well along with me. Each had a vision of the quality of life we sought to achieve in our City and all worked together over those years to achieve what we have today.
    Among many things of which we can be proud, we were able to develop and secure a
    great system of parks along the water, a signature community center in Hagen Park, and the outstanding historical building and nature preserve in the Richardson Park, located directly on a beautifully landscaped Wilton Drive!

My desire is to continue to serve more here and in our surrounding communities in the Florida Legislature in Tallahassee, but before that, great thanks and appreciation go out to all who have, are now, or will volunteer in our City and most especially to the dedicated city workers, led by one of the most community minded city managers around, who have all along devoted their talent and expertise to make these wonderful
    improvements work so well. Your continued support of the City in the years to come will ensure our future as an outstanding place to live, shop, work and play.

FAREWELL MESSAGE FROM MAYOR SCOTT NEWTON

As my time as your Mayor comes to an end, there are many people to thank for making my last eight and a half years on the Wilton Manors City Commission the best for me personally.
    To my fellow Commissioners: Vice Mayor Ted Galatis, Commissioner Gary Resnick, Commissioner Craig Sherritt, former Commissioner Joe Angelo, Commissioner Diane Cline: it has been a pleasure serving along side of you and making so many great things come to fruition here in Wilton Manors. To City Manager Joseph L. Gallegos –goes deserved respect for you and the fine job accomplished as top administrator for the City for these years working together. To the City Staff – you all are cherished employees and I respect and admire each and every one of you for the continuous fine job you perform on a daily basis.
    To all the volunteer board members – thank you, thank you, thank you for all the hours you altruistically give to the City to assure the best possible results in making the City a better place. And to all of the residents and business owners of Wilton Manors – I appreciate your input over the years, your constant dedication in making this City a wonderful community within which to live, work and play, and for giving me the opportunity to serve you.
    So much has been accomplished with redevelopment and infrastructure improvements that we all can be proud of.Together, we have made positive progress in our Island City, while preserving our town’s unique character that makes it a special place to live. Although I am moving on, I will continue to have an active interest in my home town and will
    participate wherever I and my family are needed. This is not a “goodbye” but - I’ll see you around town!

HOLY CRAP.....I LOST!!!! PLEASE DISREGARD MY TWO FINAL LETTERS AS I HAVE TAKEN BACK MY ENDORSEMENT OF MUCH MORE QUALIFIED GARY RESNICK AND WILL SPEND ALL MY LEFT OVER MONEY DONATED FOR MY PREVIOUS CAMPAIGN AND WIN MY SEAT BACK.

Re: NEWTON FOR .....NOTHING!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by CHANGE WILTON MANORS
    MESSAGE FROM MAYOR SCOTT NEWTON

As my present term as your Mayor draws to a close, I once again wish to express to
    all, the great pride I feel in what we have been able to accomplish together in this splendid City of ours. As I look back to my first volunteer service on the Planning & Zoning Board in 1994, through election to the City Commission in 2000 and finally as your Mayor for the past 2 terms, I am awed by the number of great people who served so well along with me. Each had a vision of the quality of life we sought to achieve in our City and all worked together over those years to achieve what we have today.
    Among many things of which we can be proud, we were able to develop and secure a
    great system of parks along the water, a signature community center in Hagen Park, and the outstanding historical building and nature preserve in the Richardson Park, located directly on a beautifully landscaped Wilton Drive!

My desire is to continue to serve more here and in our surrounding communities in the Florida Legislature in Tallahassee, but before that, great thanks and appreciation go out to all who have, are now, or will volunteer in our City and most especially to the dedicated city workers, led by one of the most community minded city managers around, who have all along devoted their talent and expertise to make these wonderful
    improvements work so well. Your continued support of the City in the years to come will ensure our future as an outstanding place to live, shop, work and play.

FAREWELL MESSAGE FROM MAYOR SCOTT NEWTON

As my time as your Mayor comes to an end, there are many people to thank for making my last eight and a half years on the Wilton Manors City Commission the best for me personally.
    To my fellow Commissioners: Vice Mayor Ted Galatis, Commissioner Gary Resnick, Commissioner Craig Sherritt, former Commissioner Joe Angelo, Commissioner Diane Cline: it has been a pleasure serving along side of you and making so many great things come to fruition here in Wilton Manors. To City Manager Joseph L. Gallegos –goes deserved respect for you and the fine job accomplished as top administrator for the City for these years working together. To the City Staff – you all are cherished employees and I respect and admire each and every one of you for the continuous fine job you perform on a daily basis.
    To all the volunteer board members – thank you, thank you, thank you for all the hours you altruistically give to the City to assure the best possible results in making the City a better place. And to all of the residents and business owners of Wilton Manors – I appreciate your input over the years, your constant dedication in making this City a wonderful community within which to live, work and play, and for giving me the opportunity to serve you.
    So much has been accomplished with redevelopment and infrastructure improvements that we all can be proud of.Together, we have made positive progress in our Island City, while preserving our town’s unique character that makes it a special place to live. Although I am moving on, I will continue to have an active interest in my home town and will
    participate wherever I and my family are needed. This is not a “goodbye” but - I’ll see you around town!

HOLY CRAP.....I LOST!!!! PLEASE DISREGARD MY TWO FINAL LETTERS AS I HAVE TAKEN BACK MY ENDORSEMENT OF MUCH MORE QUALIFIED GARY RESNICK AND WILL SPEND ALL MY LEFT OVER MONEY DONATED FOR MY PREVIOUS CAMPAIGN AND WIN MY SEAT BACK.
    Does his taking back his endorsement of Gary Resnick surprise anybody. SCOTT NEWTON is a born LIAR along with the rest of his FAMILY. His time as MAYOR has been nothing short of a complete FAILURE in regards to leadership. Gary Resnick will be a breath of fresh air when he wins the MAYORS election on November 4 !

KICK NEWTON TO THE CURB

Didn't Newton makea deal with Gary Resnick. If Resnick backed out of the State Rep election, Newton would endorse him. Well, Resnick, as a man of his word, backed out of the State Rep election and Newton, thinking he was a a shoe in for the seat, endorsed Resnick for Mayor and then Newton was beaten. So then, he takes back his endorsement and decides to run for Mayor, once again ops: . Besides being a loser, he is a liar. If you are not a man of your word, you are nothing!!!!! If you ever need to conduct business with Newton or must deal with him, do it in an attorneys office with an air tight contract or as far as he is concerned, it did not happen. Good luck Gary. :wink: We need a truthful Mayor with ethics and morales and not the trash we have had for the last four years. Time to put the trash on the curb!!!! :evil:

Gary we all know you are desperate..and desperate men resort to desperate measures,,,,In several weeks you will have to come up with a new job because you will no longer be an elected official. oh dear, wont be able to be a lobbyist any more. maybe Steve Kelly will let you write for him full time and maybe throw you a dollar or 2 your way...he wont be able to pay much because his little slizzzzzz paper is loosing advertisers..what a shame....You dropped out of the 92 race because you saw an easy way to slide in as Mayor, we all know that Mayor Newton never made a deal with you....so go ahead and keep showing us all how desperate you are...it actually funny watching you squirm..

THE TRUTH HURTS

Hey Scotty Boy. I see you are attempting to defend yourself about the deal that DID take place but one thing I did not see you defend. The taking back of your endorsement to a much more qualified, educated and ethical Gary Resnick. What do you have to say about that...... ops: ops: Ah, just what I thought! :snicker:

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast