City may offer officers deals to live in Windemere - Page 3
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Re: City may offer officers deals to live in Windemere

Quote Originally Posted by Guest
    OK well then you showed me. Go ahead and take that "FREE" apartment. And while your doing that double check the latest Policy and Procedure disc. Check the section that covers "Accepting gratuities" and let me know if your new digs fit the definition. Its funny how the department (and those in it) only enforce the rules they think are important.

My question is this. Would the "Adverage person" have the same break on rent as these Officers. Exactly. For your slower kids in the class the correct answer is NO and thats why its morally wrong to accept it.

There I go again thinking the department should be acting "Moral". Silly me.

When was the last time you saw the department make a "Morally responsible" decision.
    Dude, know your policies before you come on here with that drama. Accepting gratuities? The apartments are owned by the City of Lauderhill. They can do what they want with it. Its not a gratuitiy under policy. The city opted to hand you a free apartment provided that you sign the two year contract. After the second year, your rent is around 500/month. A gratuitiy is when a business or homeowner says, "Hey, your cop so live here for free."

Know what your talking about.......

OK well then you showed me. Go ahead and take that "FREE" apartment. And while your doing that double check the latest Policy and Procedure disc. Check the section that covers "Accepting gratuities" and let me know if your new digs fit the definition. Its funny how the department (and those in it) only enforce the rules they think are important.

My question is this. Would the "Adverage person" have the same break on rent as these Officers. Exactly. For your slower kids in the class the correct answer is NO and thats why its morally wrong to accept it.

When was the last time you saw the department make a "Morally responsible" decision.

Dude, know your policies before you come on here with that drama. Accepting gratuities? The apartments are owned by the City of Lauderhill. They can do what they want with it. Its not a gratuitiy under policy. The city opted to hand you a free apartment provided that you sign the two year contract. After the second year, your rent is around 500/month. A gratuitiy is when a business or homeowner says, "Hey, your cop so live here for free."

Know what your talking about.......
    Just an outsider looking in but explain the difference between a business giving away something free and the city doing same?

Outsiders go AWAY they have cooties and opinions

oh, your an outsider...that explains it.

Allow me to clear things up for you. I'll even give you an example:

Have you ever watched those car commercials where car dealers give you deals like, "Buy now and no payments for a whole year!" Or, free gas for 20,000 miles. You ever see those? Well, thats the exact same thing here. The only difference is that the city chose to only lease to city police officers. The cops are getting free rent for a year and then have to pay 500/month the following year. The city can pick and choose who they lease their property out to as can other private landlords.

But if it makes you feel any better, none of the 125 Lauderhill cops have taken the city up on this crappy offer.

Any other questions Mr. Outsider?

Hey outsider. If this pisses you off and you feel left out then go the LPD, pick up an app, get hired, complete the academy, pass the state certification test, pass FTO, pass probation and you too can be the proud owner of a free apartment in the ghetto. Until then, go away! :evil:

Does the officers race have to "reflect" the community. I know thats a new trend in the Department. If so then is that a form of discrimination?

I have a silly question, what does this:
    Hey outsider. If this pisses you off and you feel left out then go the LPD, pick up an app, get hired, complete the academy, pass the state certification test, pass FTO, pass probation and you too can be the proud owner of a free apartment in the ghetto. Until then, go away!
    Hey outsider. If this pisses you off and you feel left out then go the LPD, pick up an app, get hired, complete the academy, pass the state certification test, pass FTO, pass probation and you too can be the proud owner of a free apartment in the ghetto. Until then, go away! :evil:
    and this:

Have you ever watched those car commercials where car dealers give you deals like, "Buy now and no payments for a whole year!" Or, free gas for 20,000 miles. You ever see those? Well, thats the exact same thing here. The only difference is that the city chose to only lease to city police officers. The cops are getting free rent for a year and then have to pay 500/month the following year. The city can pick and choose who they lease their property out to as can other private landlords.

But if it makes you feel any better, none of the 125 Lauderhill cops have taken the city up on this crappy offer.

have to do with my original question? I believe the original question which has not been answered yet was in response to the person trying poorly to prove that there is a difference between accepting gratuities from the city and accepting gratuties from a private business.

It is clear that these previous people who posted have no reading interpretation skills and they probably don't have listening interpretation skills either. I hope they are not police officers, because that would be sad. All those victims trying to give the officer information and that information getting jumbled up and put on an official document. It is almost like falsifying an official document huh? Does that mean you are corrupt also? It is a shame that only the worst officers come to this website to complain. You represent your agency poorly. You create a feeding frenzy for attorneys and the media.

After posting on here how you have been wronged in some way, Ex.; I want a better car, I want more money, I want to be a detective. Well detective first things first, read something until you understand it right before you respond with something stupid like those posts. Learning does not stop after 5th grade. :snicker:

Hey outsider, your an complete idiot. The poster did explain the difference. Your just an idiot who cant comprehend what your reading. The poster explained it very thoroughly. It's gotta suck being you!

P.S. take your jackarse smiley back :snicker:

Hey outsider, your an complete idiot. The poster did explain the difference. Your just an idiot who cant comprehend what your reading. The poster explained it very thoroughly. It's gotta suck being you!

P.S. take your jackarse smiley back :snicker:
    The "outsider" is "an complete idiot" way to represent Lauderhill... embarassing. BSO corrections is hiring.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast