PBA's Lousy Representation - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Re: PBA's Lousy Representation

Thats CORRECT sir Oviedo is NOT in 26. But who really cares about Oviedo. Little town USA. Where is Oviedo anyways? Vince is a great leader and was a great cop! Stop being a loser. Go blog on www.pokemon.com you dork!

Quote Originally Posted by YoMama
    Thats CORRECT sir Oviedo is NOT in 26. But who really cares about Oviedo. Little town USA. Where is Oviedo anyways? Vince is a great leader and was a great cop! Stop being a loser. Go blog on www.pokemon.com you dork!

LOL...well your great leader lost his bid for election, by over 20 points to Fred Costello. Guess that scumbag can't win an election that he can't rig. Keep supporting Vince Champion and his losing ways and it'll be clear who the real loser is. LOL.

I agree, next election is Mike S. for the City of Ormond Beach board. So now they can use your money for that one. On another note, I know Johnny. If any of you want to know whats really going on at Coastal, call him. Its my understanding that he was let go because he was going to the BOD with whats goes on there. Stay Safe

Johnny Bingham was let go because he was about to blow the whistle on Vince Champion's shady dealings, and the fact that among other things he was using Carroll Scanlon and Mike Scudiero, who are being paid with our dues money, to work on his now failed political campaign. Johnny wrote a letter to the BOD and I got a copy of it. Here it is:

Dear Board of Directors;

First I would like to say I was not the subject of any investigation and I did nothing wrong. As you know I was terminated by Vince Champion on Tuesday, January 26, 2010 at 1200 hours (letter attached) for refusing to sign a policy reference confidentiality of the CFPBA/PEA (policy attached). As you can see this policy would have made it impossible for me to bring to your attention the following issues:

12/03/2009: Vince called me in reference to the upcoming budget for the 2010 calendar year. After a long conversation, I agreed to a $12,000.00 pay cut, a weekly schedule for 4 days, a one week increase to my vacation time (4 weeks total) and effective 01/01/2010 I would no longer be your Executive Director. No other employees were asked to take any loss to current benefits.

12/05/2009: Just prior to the BOD meeting John Jakovenko came to me and asked if I was ok with all the changes in the office? I replied no and we talked for a few minutes. It was agreed that I would call Jakovenko on Monday to talk further about this issues.

12/05/2009: Board of Directors meeting held with the approval of the 2010 budget (no mention to the board of the $12,000.00 savings or the fact that Vince will now be the President/Executive Director).

12/30/2009: I was meeting with Randy May at work to drop off calendars for the 2010 year. When meeting with Randy he asked several questions as to what’s going on and I answered. He asked that I give the E-board the opportunity to look into and fix any problems before I took action myself, I agreed.

01/09/2010: I received a call from Leo Niemczyk, he stated that the E-board met the night before and he was picked to open an investigation into what was going on at the office. Vince Champion and Mike Scudiero were the subjects of this investigation.

01/11/2010: I met with Leo, the following the items we discussed:

• I advised Leo that Vince was working on his campaign during business hours

• I advised Leo that Mike Scudiero also works on Vince’s campaign during business hours

• There was additional talk in reference to favoritism for Mike and Carroll (additional days off, additional pay raises and mistakes being made with no action taken by Vince). Along with inter office issues causing interruptions and poor decisions to be made.

• The last was my concerns about the overall management of the Association and the direction we were headed.

Leo also met with Carroll, Lara and Mike. Leo obtained from Carroll a 2009 rq (case) assignment list and the calendars from online.

01/21/2010: The E-board met at Vince’s house to discuss the findings of the investigation. It was confirmed by Leo all issues brought to his attention were happening and there was just cause to sustain the allegations. The E-board made the decision that Vince and Mike could no longer work on his campaign and Vince could not use the PBA car for his campaign anymore.
    Mike was also to receive a written reprimand for his improper internet usage. They also said Vince is to advise Carroll to attend to her job and her job only. No other action taken.

01/22/2010: I receive an invite to a scheduled E-board meeting to be held on 01/26/2010 at the home office.

01/26/2010: Meeting with E-board, attending was Vince Champion, John Jakovenko, Randy May and Marlon Buggs (Leo was unavailable to attend). I was advised of the above actions to be taken by the E-board. I was also advised that effective 02/01/2010 I would be back to my old position of Staff Rep. I would no longer work 4 days a week; that I will be working 5 days a week. I would also be taking another $12,000.00 pay cut (no other employee was given a pay cut). In addition I would be required to sign the attached policy.

I then advised the E-board that I would be unable to sign the policy because I was taking my concerns to the Board of Directors. The policy clearly stated “therefore it is not tolerable to discuss Association business with anyone who does not work here”. The Board of directors do not work for the CFPBA/PEA therefore I would not be able to bring anything to their attention without violating said policy. The E-board at the meeting said they will let the BOD know at the next meeting (March). I felt that was too long to wait.

After a long meeting the E-board took a 15 minute break and upon returning Scott Pikus presented me with the letter terminating me at 1200 hours and he stated that it is now 1201.

Side Notes: During the investigations Vince’s calendar disappeared and the CFPBA called the IT guy to try and recover it. It was not recovered until 01/25/2010 and at the meeting on the 26th Scott Pikus stated that Vince’s calendar showed 21 personal campaign events in the last 6 months. The calendar was not shown to me so I was unable to confirm this. All calendars are online at the office and can be accessed be any employee but only altered or deleted by Carroll, Lara or who calendar it is.

Mike’s calendar given to Leo had printed events and hand written events on it. When Leo asked Carroll why, she stated that she was unsure what happened. Some events printed and some did not so she wrote them in.

Last I would like to address the email you received yesterday from Carroll regarding staff changes.

• Why did it take 2 days for you to be notified of my termination? The email clearly stated “effective today” the attached letter from Vince states 01/26/2010 @ 1200 hours”

• Any information you have received from me is true and can be confirmed either through the email system or Leo’s investigation.

• Misinformation you might receive, supposed internal problems. The email clearly misleads you to believe that somehow I was possible investigated and my termination was the result. Clearly I felt it more important for the BOD to know the issues then to protect myself and my job.

• Lastly “highest respect for its dues-paying members” using CFPBA/PEA resources for a personal campaign is not respect.

Let me close with, I felt these issues were important enough to bring to your attention. I hope each of you look into what’s happening at your Union. The recent lose of Ft. Pierce Officer’s unit and St Lucie County S.O. (road), poor decision making and new movement by the FOP to take some of our units including Ormond Beach. The by-laws state that only the Board of Directors govern the President and only you can make the changes that need to be made.

I thank you for your time and really enjoyed my time helping the members and getting to meet all of you. Feel free to contact me if you have any questions or if I can help you in anyway.

Thank you and good luck

Johnny Bingham

Vince's old p.d., Ormond Beach, just voted to dump him and the Coastal Florida PBA, 50-5. Geez, that's pretty sad when you can't even keep a unit you used to be a part of, isn't it Vince?

CFPBA lost their bid to get tiny little Melbourne Beach too. Seems nobody wants to join Vince and his toadies.

Vincent Lloyd Champion--LOSER!

Well Vince Champion has been proven to be a loser yet again. He and his little buddy D'Anthony Shamar tried to get Sanford PD away from FOP. Didn't happen and it wasn't even close: 92-12 in favor of FOP. At least Vince had his little paralawyer Tyree there to observe the vote. I guess she wasn't busy screwing up ULP's or filling out those crappy form wills for the membership, so maybe she learned a little something about public employee labor law.

Good job Vince, not only are you losing the bargaining units you used to have, you can't supplant FOP or IUPA in the ones that they have. I guess the Sanford guys must have heard about how you couldn't even hold onto your own former unit Vince. Can't blame them for not wanting to be associated with a loser like you and the Coastal Florida Pathetic Benevolent Association.

See for yourself folks: CFPBA v. City of Sanford v. FOP, PERC case no: EL-2010-044.

Lightbulb Re: PBA's Lousy Representation

Some group made a website to really expose steve delaroche
    I came across it on a google search and it is packed with all the details on this lawyers misconduct and his history of being dishonest. The website is http://stevendelaroche.com/

other folks I talked to said this lawyer really sucks and probably cheated his way through law school

Unregistered
    I want to help you but I often go by public transport and taxi so I have no idea for your situation

Unregistered

Why members hate PBA and support IUPA

This story involves Broward PBA but as we have seen it doesn’t Matter whether it Miami Dade, Broward, or any other county within the state, the PBA is still the same organization with sub sections.

As we know, PBA was kicked out of BSO and then made a run after them again, only to lose even worse than when they first jumped ship. Well, ever since, the PBA has tried to mettle in their affairs anyway.
    Specifically, with Sheriff Tony. The PBA has openly praised and supported Tony even though the troops are with IUPA and dislike him. In fact, the IUPA President Jeff Bell initially paid a price for defending his members but he will win out in the end. Nonetheless, it was a price he was willing to make.
    Since then, IUPA has done extensive research and found out that Tony, while a juvenile in Philadelphia, killed another with a firearm. Tony never disclosed this when he applied to Coral Springs PD nor to Governor DeSantis. Tony also had issues with writing bad checks. And, most recently it was discovered that he was photographed, with his wife, at Bliss swingers Club.
    The moral of that story is don’t mess with IUPA.

Then the PBA has endorsed a Josh Rydell for State Attorney. Don’t know much about the guy but Rydell has been posting his great desire to indict police officers. Other candidates for SA have been pro-police, including a guy named Rossman, who is related to a long line of distinguished cop family from MDPD, but PBA chose the anti-police candidate just the same.

Members are in an uproar over these crazy unexplainable decisions. Remember, we began with, the story related here is in Broward County. But, the same can be said about any other county within the state. And, that’s why members are looking to Leave the PBA in record numbers and are choosing IUPA, or in some smaller cases FOP. Bottom line is they want out from the PBA.

Stay safe brothers and sisters. Take care of one another and support pro-cop politicians over all others, and pro-cop unions, like IUPA, over all others.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123