Jax Bch

Thread: Jax Bch

Jax Bch

I lived in Southside of J-ville for 14 years and moved down to Miami 5 years ago to start my LEO career. I now have 5 years of police experience and I am looking to apply to Jax Bch PD. I do not want to come to JSO (sorry). What do you guys think of their department? I have many certifications (gang recognition, radar, laser, THI, advanced dui, intox, etc. I sent an email to their dept about 2 weeks ago and never got a response. I would appreciate any help. Thanks and be safe out there.

Re: Jax Bch

Quote Originally Posted by South FL Cop
    I lived in Southside of J-ville for 14 years and moved down to Miami 5 years ago to start my LEO career. I now have 5 years of police experience and I am looking to apply to Jax Bch PD. I do not want to come to JSO (sorry). What do you guys think of their department? I have many certifications (gang recognition, radar, laser, THI, advanced dui, intox, etc. I sent an email to their dept about 2 weeks ago and never got a response. I would appreciate any help. Thanks and be safe out there.
    Why would you not want to go to JSO. They are far superior, more money, better benefits, take home car, and better retirement? It's a no brainer, JSO is the way to go.

Definately, go with JSO, I work for a small police department located inside Duval County, and I'm telling you from experience, Go with JSO!!!!!

If you didn't get a response to your email.. The writing is prob. on the wall for that agency..If they can't bother to answer an email, what else can't they be bothered to do..

Hey South Florida Cop,

JSO has the Big Dog On Campus attitude, don't realize superior in Jax is inferior to the depts to the south. They are trying to catch up, but still about 8 years behind. Don't get me wrong they got some good people. Your dept down south is probably on state retirement, depending upon your age you may not want to throw away five years.

I used to work for Jax Beach. Jax Beach is not bad. JSO is the Big Dog of the county, and they will offer you more money, but it is not necessarily a better agency. Traditionally, JSO has had some well qualified officers working for them, but in recent years, some of the officers that I have run across have been sub-standard and I cant believe that JSO even hired them; not sure if I would want them backing me up.

Nevertheless, it depends on what you are looking for in an agency. Jax Beach is a smaller, family type, community -oriented police agency. You will get some of the best training of your life. However, one Sergeant (TB) is a a supreme jerk that apparently entered into the profession because he was trying to get back at society for being abused by his elementary school classmates. Other than that, overall it is a great agency to work for; you will have problems anywhere you go. There used to be plenty of off-duty details and overtime. Moreover, they gave decent raises.

You need to contact the agency by phone or check out the jobline (via the internet of city hall) for more information about open positions. Call the police station and ask to speak to the recruiter.

If money is your concern, south Florida agencies pay really well and some of them blow JSO and Jax Beach out of the water.