Chief Rafael Hernandez

Chief Rafael Hernandez

Hello my brothers from the North. Chief Hernandez is destroying our dept (North Miami Beach) in the 8 months that he's been here. The guy goes psycho over petty things like:
    "...make sure you wipe down the gym equipment after you use it."
    Conducted a surprise inspection of the Sgt.'s office to make sure there were no gum wrappers under the desk.
    "I want everyone's work area clean and tidy."
    "I don't want any air fresheners hanging on the rear view mirrors of patrol cars."
    "I don't want any front license plates that say K9 on the K9 patrol cars."
    "All female officers will not come to work with a ponytail. I want them tied up in a bun."
    "I don't want anyone to use foul language." [Unless it is me doing the cursing in my Chief's office to anyone that goes against what I say]
    I like to use big words from my thesaurus in emails like "unequivocally", "promulgate", "noted sentiments", "nefarious criminals". [But he speaks like an idiot.]
    "I don't want any cars parked "back in" in the parking garage. I want them all nose in. That's an order. Major, please walk around the parking garage and make sure there are no cars backed in."
    "I want prisoner trustees in the station to paint the walls." [They did a crappy job, had only one corrections officer assigned to watch all of the prisoners, and when told about the safety issues, i.e. informants in the station while these prisoners are in there, close proximity to sensitive information, etc., I don't care. I want them in there painting.]
    "I want the union members to not take the last contracted pay raise." (That way I can make the city manager happy)(City manager got fired last month)
    "I want 2 of my 3 captains to not take a contracted pay raise" "I also want them to work on Saturdays"
    An officer gets involved in a shooting with armed robbers and never responds to the scene and calls the officer days later to see how he's doing.
    He doesn't want to hear any alternative options to solving a problem once a decision is made. It's his way, "...this matter will not be discussed any further."

These are just some of the "real issues" (in his mind) that are important to running a police department.

We just want to know how he was in TPD. Was he the same way? Is there anything else we need to watch out for?

Please help us!

Just go to our Leo Affairs message board to see how's he's ruining our once prestigious agency.

Re: Chief Rafael Hernandez

Try LEON County SO... We dont really care for him either !