CAR WASHES! - Page 5
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: CAR WASHES!

Re: CAR WASHES!

Hey boyz and girlies... This topic is no joke... I have been on the job for 10+ years, and re-located to a smaller agency in Central Florida. I was dumped on my last day of probation ..for....WASHING MY CAR!!!!.....

Yep.. I got a car wash on the city card and got nixed for it...

So as lame as this crap sounds.. Just remember the loyalities of administrations and the troops... OH YEA... don't wash your car, and you might keep your job...LOL

and the really sad part is... I make 200 less being on unemployment than stickin my butt on the line everyday..

Quote Originally Posted by dan1065cf
    Hey boyz and girlies... This topic is no joke... I have been on the job for 10+ years, and re-located to a smaller agency in Central Florida. I was dumped on my last day of probation ..for....WASHING MY CAR!!!!.....

So as lame as this crap sounds.. Just remember the loyalities of administrations and the troops... OH YEA... don't wash your car, and you might keep your job...LOL

and the really sad part is... I make 200 less being on unemployment than stickin my butt on the line everyday..

ouch. sorry dude. I personally let the rain wash my car. I aint paying for it.

What else were you doing wrong? Seems unusual if you're a good employee and high activity you should have received a warning. They weren't looking for a reason to "nix" you were they?

Didn't do anything wrong besides getting a car wash.. Several "atta boyz" in the file, and 10 years of LE experience... and down the tubes for a small agency that orders you to ask of gratitudies...Which if I remember right.. is a FDLE violation... but oh well.. I'll collect my unemployment for doing nothing...

Was there a policy change? I still go to the car wash twice a month on the State card. Every once in a while I'll wash it myself or pay the $5 out of my pocket. I figure that's the least I can do for having a take home car. Gas sure is expensive! I would hate to have to drive my own POV to work everyday.

Didn't do anything wrong besides getting a car wash.. Several "atta boyz" in the file, and 10 years of LE experience... and down the tubes for a small agency that orders you to ask of gratitudies...Which if I remember right.. is a FDLE violation... but oh well.. I'll collect my unemployment for doing nothing...
    Seriously i'm not trying to bust your balls but maybe you should stand back and look at yourself in the mirror.

IF any agency lets you go the last day of probation because you wasted $8 on your P card ........ They were looking for a reason to NIX you.

That is easily a slap on the wrist don't do it again type of situation. Now if they slapped you and you continued for a month straight..... well thats another story.

Good luck with your job search.

I never cease to be amazed when I come in here. FHP gives you a car to drive free, pays for the gas, lets you start work from your driveway, pays the insurance, maintenance and says for a small fee you can even earn off-duty money with the car and you are whining about 15 minutes a week with a rag.

Think about this,

$20,000 bucks to buy an additional car to drive to and from work
    your gas to and from work
    your maintenance and upkeep
    your insurance
    oh yes and you will also have to wash your own vehicle unless you live like a pig
    and you can waste 8 hours a week driving to and from work on your time to get a patrol car for work

just take a few minutes, get a bucket of water and wash the $#%& car.

Quote Originally Posted by guest 505
    I never cease to be amazed when I come in here. FHP gives you a car to drive free, pays for the gas, lets you start work from your driveway, pays the insurance, maintenance and says for a small fee you can even earn off-duty money with the car and you are whining about 15 minutes a week with a rag.

Think about this,

$20,000 bucks to buy an additional car to drive to and from work
    your gas to and from work
    your maintenance and upkeep
    your insurance
    oh yes and you will also have to wash your own vehicle unless you live like a pig
    and you can waste 8 hours a week driving to and from work on your time to get a patrol car for work

just take a few minutes, get a bucket of water and wash the $#%& car.
    The $10 car wash is not a big deal. It's the principle. First they want you to pay for your car washes, what's next? We already pay for our own tints. You think the SO makes their Deputies pay for car washes? Most don't.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345