About the department - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: About the department

Well now seems to me that we hit a nerve here, hey jerk no where did I say that all the officers in Riviera were bad What I said was that the few in Admin were bad starting right at the top, right Curley? with all of Curley's crew either retireing or quiting Curly is recruting more to do his dirty work because he is a gutless coward the good thing is that someday he will get caught and get exactly what's coming to him what suprises me is that Gal-A - Goof jumped ship. Doing your job has nothing to do with the fact that Curley Top is dirty and drags anyone that will join his crusade into his corruption leaving them to figure it out for themselves that my freind is what gives this department a bad name not the hard workng officers that go out on the streets of Riviera only to be looked down upon because of there boss so have another drink and look at your so called boss.

Quote Originally Posted by hierpower
    Well now seems to me that we hit a nerve here, hey jerk no where did I say that all the officers in Riviera were bad What I said was that the few in Admin were bad starting right at the top, right Curley? with all of Curley's crew either retireing or quiting Curly is recruting more to do his dirty work because he is a gutless coward the good thing is that someday he will get caught and get exactly what's coming to him what suprises me is that Gal-A - Goof jumped ship. Doing your job has nothing to do with the fact that Curley Top is dirty and drags anyone that will join his crusade into his corruption leaving them to figure it out for themselves that my freind is what gives this department a bad name not the hard workng officers that go out on the streets of Riviera only to be looked down upon because of there boss so have another drink and look at your so called boss.

JEALOUSY THATS ALL

RBPD isn't accepting applications right now. The department is on a hiring freeze like everyone else.

Quote Originally Posted by guest cop
    RBPD isn't accepting applications right now. The department is on a hiring freeze like everyone else.
    IF PEOPLE ARE STILL LOOKING AT THIS PARTICULAR POST...
    COME ABOARD...THIS AGENCY HAS WHAT EVERYONE ISLOOKING FOR...

YOU DO NEED TO KEEP YOUR MOUTH SHUT, SHOW UP ON TIME AND LEARN YOUR JOB. YOU WON'T HAVE TO WAIT LONG TO GET A MURDER, A SHOOTING, A HOSTAGE SITUATION OR ANYTHING ELSE YOU MIGHT DESIRE TO WORK. YOU WON'T BE WORKING IT AS FAR AS AN INVESTIGATIVE LEVEL , BUT, IF YOU OPEN YOUR EYES, SHUT YOUR MOUTH AND PAY ATTENTION, YOU WILL HAVE MORE EXPERIENCE IN THIS CITY IN 3 YEARS THAN ANY OTHER POLICE OFFICER IN FLORIDA WITH THE EXCEPTION OF YOUR REALLY REALLY LARGE AGENCIES, WHO HAVE BEEN ON THE JOB FOR 10. DON'T COME ON BOARD IF YOU ARE LAZY AND YOU THINK YOU KNOW IT ALL...THIS ISN'T THE PLACE FOR YOU BECAUSE THERE ARE STILL SOME SENIOR OFFICERS ON BOARD THAT KNOW MORE THAN YOU EVEN IF THEY WERE BLINDFOLDED.

THE PAY ISN'T GOOD, BUT, HEY ...RIGHT NOW WITH ALL THE LAYOFFS AROUND THE COUNTRY, IT'S BETTER THAN SOME AND WE USED TO NOT BE ABLE TO SAY ANNYTHING LIKE THAT.

AS FAR AS THE CURLEY CREW CRACK SOMEONE ELSE WROTE...I'M NOT PART OF ANY CREW, HOWEVER, I'VE LEARNED FROM EVERYONE IN THAT DEPARTMENT AND I'M DOING GREAT!!!!

REMEMBER..THAT EVERY AGENCY HAS PROBLEMS. IT JUST SEEMS THAT OUR'S SEEMS TO ALWAYS BE MAGNIFIED...BUT IF YOU WANT A TRUE READ ON OTHER AGENCIES AND HOW FELLOW OFFICERS TALK ABOUT EACH OTHER, GO TO THEM YOU WILL SEE....

So I take it there is no hiring freeze with RBPD? I'm FL. certified with experience and am interested in RBPD. I hate boredom and like to be busy so a heavy workload dosent bother me. How long is the process for certified LEO?

Thanks and stay safe!

Quote Originally Posted by Guest
    So I take it there is no hiring freeze with RBPD? I'm FL. certified with experience and am interested in RBPD. I hate boredom and like to be busy so a heavy workload dosent bother me. How long is the process for certified LEO?

Thanks and stay safe!

yes there is always hiring freezes all over ..however, we have some people that have left .... we didn't want them to, but, they did ....couple got a better offer and one retired

process is just like everyone else. make contact with det vassell asap tuesday ...
    get the process rolling i don't know what they are doing ...but if you are certified get in there it's better than not even trying ... if you come aboard..welcome...remember what the last comment said..it actually makes sense....

i love riviera ..wish th ere was more money, but, hey ..it is what it is...but ....get ready to rock n roll

I agree with last two ....Don't pay attention to all the negative hype that you read on this page or any other page of any other department that you may go to. You need to remember to make your own opinions about people and act accordingly.

we have a tough agency, externally and internally as in any other place.

As far as "Curleys Crew", there is no such thing. Don't read into that garbage.

Just come aboard and work hard and you will be able to accomplish what you want. If your lazy, don't even bother to apply.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12