Concerning Rumors-From the Fop President
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Concerning Rumors-From the Fop President

Dear Brothers and Sisters,

There have been a number of rumors and malicious allegation being circulated about the F.O.P. and my administration. I will not address any allegations dealing with my family, as I believe that the cowards who wrote them are not worthy of a response, I will however respond to some of the other allegations.

This current administration is desperate, and they would love nothing more than to have an F.O.P. President that they can control. They want me out at all cost, even if it means that they have to fabricate evidence against me.

The issue of pension stabilization has in fact been delayed. When we negotiated the 2007/2010 contract, the fire and police unions agreed to stabilize the city’s pension cost for a ten year period in return for additional raises. This process has proven to be extremely time consuming. Recently the city asked for a more detailed proposal for the ten year period in question. This proposal is being worked on by the Pension Board’s Actuary. I want to remind all of you that the actuary works for the pension board, not the unions. I called the actuary last week to inquire about the progress of the proposal. He advised me that it would be several months before it is finalized. Until this is done, I can not proceed with negotiations. I am confident, that when the report is finalized and reviewed by the city’s actuary, the process will move along quickly. Keep in mind that the city wants this as much as we do!

In their desperation, some people have made allegations about F.O.P. funds being misused. The F.O.P. President, Vice-President, Secretary and Treasurer, do in fact get a stipend as per our By-Laws. I can tell you that is a lot less than what the rumors say and is intended to compensate us for working after hours when we respond to internal affairs, police shootings and any other after hours functions. While working at the F.O.P., we are not entitled to overtime. The stipend has been in place since I been a police officer and it has not been raised since before I became President. It can only be changed by a vote of the membership present at a meeting. As always our books are open to any member who wishes to review them, there are no secrets!

Fraternally,

Armando Aguilar
    President
    Miami-FOP-20

Quote Originally Posted by Phaedrus11
    I ask sensitive questions all the time, I may not like the answers but that won’t stop me from asking.
    Kerr, I've been waiting for you to post. I don't hear you talk about the pension stabilazation anywhere. And, its like all of a sudden you don't want to be associated with the FOP board. Buddy, you have to stand up not only when things make you "look good", but also when things aren't such a rosey picture.

You only post if it will make you look glamorous. But, when the s--- hits the fan, you are no where to be found. And, yes I made the same mistake as I did with Bush, I voted for you.

Stop playing on both sides of the fence. You may not like what answers? You either want to be a staff or you are part of the FOP. Take your pick.
    See you at roll call,
    A vested employee

Thanks

Sir, I know your doing an amazing job for those who can not voice their opinion. We know your honesty and integrity are in check.

Armando,

keep on the heat, they are hurting, you can see from the posting

The Original Writer

I guss now i have your attention. First, let me start by saying The Pension Stabiliation is not here and is not coming anytime soon. Correct. Make it known to all your members. Secondly, On your response you failed to disclosed what you and your board collect monthly from our general funds. Why? Just come out and say it! Thirdly, Stop collecting our funds and get your ass to work like the rest of us. REDUCE OUR DUES! I bet you will fight then to keep the Marlins Stadium and Pension Stalization. You are NOT restricted to work Off Duty! Any Police incident you can just leave the job and respond. So stop the excuses. We were without Police Incidents for two years! It was nice then collecting our money. Return IT! Im going to stop writing and send this just to see if the MOD doesn't delete my respose within seconds. Like the rest of the stuff. OH Yeah, I am a tough MAN who finally got to speak! Note......Start a FOP web with the money your going to return so we can monitor our funds! More to come. The Voice!

DEAR MR. PRESIDENT AND VICE-PRESIDENT. I URGE YOU TO KEEP ON DOING A HELL OF A GOOD JOB, PLEASE DO NOT LISTEN TO ANY OF THE GARBAGE ALL THOSE PIECES OF GARBAGE ARE WRITING ABOUT YOU 2. KEEP ON TRACKIN, CONTINUE DOING WHAT EVER YOU HAVE TO DO AND COVER YOUR EARS THIS PEOPLE ARE HURTING BECAUSE ENVY IS CHEWING THEM UP, MAYBE THEY WANT TO TAKE YOUR SEAT, THAT IS WHAT IT IS. YOU AND CARLOS ARE HONEST AND DECENT PEOPLE AND I KNOW THAT WHAT YOU ARE SAYING IS NOTHING BUT THE TRUTH. CONGRAS FOR A VERY WELL JOB DONE. AND PLEASE CONTINUE WITH THE JOB OF GETTING CHIEF TIMONEY OUT. AND ALSO IF YOU CAN PLEASE DO THE SAME WITH USELESS FRANK FERNANDEZ!!

Armando your an excellent president!!! I believe the Forth floor has gone lower then before. They are desprite to destroy your credibility with false allegations and rumors, You will preveil! Just hope the scumbag who is posting the rumors post their name and show themselves at a meeting. He's a coward whom ever it is.

Ask Sergio Diez where the web page is president gave him that task almost two years ago.

The Original Writer

I'm the The Voice! I told you javi and kerr don't betray me. Look and trust in me. I guess you too have sold your self to the FOP. I will continued but NOT in this form!

You didnt even search into why was the Drop done so quickly.. My brothers... you can't be DET's even if it slaps you in the Face..

MOD 558 don't worry about Deleting my post! The Voice will be Heard!

I haven't betrayed anyone. I urge you to go to the next meeting and ask all the questions you want. I support our current board. We will not be divided by a couple of thugs that think they have the upper hand.

By the way...Things are moving regarding our Health Insurance. Humana is scheduled next week to do a presentation. United Health comes in next month. We will improve!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast