New PBSO dispatch call signs.

New PBSO dispatch call signs.

Man oh man who's bright idea was the new call signs? Does dispatch hate them as much as the guys on the road. There is far too much talk on the radio, I thought the computers were going to fix all that, and now we have these silly new call signs. Also, can any one explain why the busiest dist has to be on the same channel as Wellington. I'm tired of them calling out 10-40 while I'm trying to advise I have 4 homies in a sig 10 or some other actual crime in progress. Why can't you put them on the same channel with royal palm?

Re: New PBSO dispatch call signs.

Once again we hear from "the busiest district." Must be tough being the only crime fighter out there. With your vast 18 months road experience, I'm sure you could teach us all how to be the best we can be. It amazes me that there is so much ignorance within this agency. Do you realize how it looks to others when you make it appear as though your District is so much better than any another District. As for Wellington, there are many nights when they are just as busy or busier than your beloved HQ District. Now I know they don't have the micro managing Sergeants that you have, but they still manage to get their jos done and most nights have a nice 10-40. Have you looked at the experience levels of your night shifts in District 1. Granted, you have some experienced, knowlegable Deputies rolling around out there in green and whites, but for the most part, you have less than 5 year veterans who you would think just served in Iraq the way they tell their "war stories." I have well more than 20 years in this line of work. Stop puffing your chests up so much, look around and learn and most importantly, there is not a "homie" in the world worth losing your life over. Brother's and Sister's, Be Safe.