Crime on 34th st

Crime on 34th st

I have been working on the old plaza 5th ave since January, the drug deals, and prostitutes that all us trades workers see daily is climbing,the owners of this building had great plans but what renter would want to see what us construction guys see daily,now the rumor is that this will be another low income housing building,a trailor park in the sky, this is the last thing that the 34th st area needs, and its not just a rumor, there is enough crime already in this area and it does not need another 300 low income apartments,police are already short handed, this building will be a major burden on the city's police resources.

Just driver down 34th street from Central to 22nd Ave and you will see the whores walking about. In the daytime or nighttime. That one in the green shorts and sun visor is there like clockwork and they can't catch her. She is white and not in midtown I guess they have a hands off policy on her. Oh maybe she is another of Go's cousins.

Re: Crime on 34th st

Quote Originally Posted by joe citizen
    I have been working on the old plaza 5th ave since January, the drug deals, and prostitutes that all us trades workers see daily is climbing,the owners of this building had great plans but what renter would want to see what us construction guys see daily,now the rumor is that this will be another low income housing building,a trailor park in the sky, this is the last thing that the 34th st area needs, and its not just a rumor, there is enough crime already in this area and it does not need another 300 low income apartments,police are already short handed, this building will be a major burden on the city's police resources.
    Exactly how many times have you called the police to report specific information about a particular crime occurring so that officers can respond and take appropriate action against those involved? The average Joe Citizen needs to realize that he has a responsibility as well. Police cannot just stop and arrest people for the hell of it. The occasional witness or complainant would be helpful.

If you have actually called with such details and still have seen no response, then you have another issue. I would suggest you start complaining at the very next city council meeting.

I wish them bosses would stop responding to this site. They always turn everything around and make it seem like our fault. What is a patrolman suppose do? Patrol, right? So, boss, tell your patrolmen to start patrolling - and quit waiting on their behinds for the phone to ring.

Quote Originally Posted by CoolHandLuke
    I wish them bosses would stop responding to this site. They always turn everything around and make it seem like our fault. What is a patrolman suppose do? Patrol, right? So, boss, tell your patrolmen to start patrolling - and quit waiting on their behinds for the phone to ring.
    With that kind of thinking you will end up spending a night in the box.

The police would be welcome to use the building for surveillance which they have in the past on friday nights,the crime occurs 24/7 though not just on Fridays, Since working here the most police activity I have seen was ATF and other Leo agencys busting the indian store across the street last week for god knows what, the marked crusiers I see are the ones passing by on 34th st st or once in a while you may see one parked doing paper work or an eviction at one of the motels. From the 10th floor of this building we can see quite a bit,skyway,don cesar hotel, tampa etc.

Support the 34th Street Federation

I have been out on the citizens patrol with the 34th Street Federation and I know they make a difference. We see a constant flow of drugs, prostitution and dangerous criminals. The patrol disrupts their business and sometimes we get a good description for the police. When we see a car stop to pick up a hooker we look for the tag number and call it in. We see commercial vehicles stop and call the number written on the side, asking "Do you know where your employee is right now?"

If you want to be part of the solution come on out on a Thursday and stay a while. We meet at the Shell station on 34th and 5th Ave north at 7pm and stay for a few hours. Bring a chair and a snack.

The problems in this area needs more than lawn chair vigilantes. When St. Pete cops are too busy or too short on staff to respond, demand accountability by getting a report number or dispatcher number. Then request the report from the po-po brass. Unless we continuously hold the stooges in charge responsible, no change will come. And your next call should be to your council member -- assuming that person is not too busy cutting backroom deals to pay attention to a lousy little taxpayer.