SSO deputies awaraded
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Senior Member LEO Affairs Captain

SSO deputies awaraded

Sarasota deputies honored
    Quote Originally Posted by Staff Report, Herald-Tribune
    SARASOTA COUNTY - Five deputies got "Life Saving" awards at the Sheriff's Office annual ceremony Tuesday. Corrections deputies Joseph Sikorski and Kevin Lavelle were awarded for saving a prisoner who was choking on food in his cell.

Deputies Richard Johnson and Claude Sunderman rescued a woman who attempted suicide on Casperson Beach. Deputy Mike Ray helped revive an elderly woman who fell ill in her home.
    Source
    "Coming together is a beginning. Keeping together is progress. Working together is SUCCESS." -- Henry Ford

Award Ceremony

Congratulations to all who received awards. However, I know of a south end Deputy who apparently pissed off Forbis enough that it has caught up with him again preventing him from getting a well-deserved life-saving award. It occured during an officer involved shooting (also not recognized) when the subject was 10-7 and RV and a new Deputy worked the guy and got him back continuing to work him until SCFD arrived on scene and the subject was Bayflite where he lived. If it had not been for these Deputies actions after he was shot and 10-7, the story would have ended there.

Many people did outstanding things this year and should be recognized for their efforts. Unfortunately, politics has apparently got the best of the agency again.

Again. Not taking away from those who received awards they deserved just stating an observation I noticed at the ceremony.

Re: Award Ceremony

Quote Originally Posted by An Observer
    Congratulations to all who received awards. However, I know of a south end Deputy who apparently pissed off Forbis enough that it has caught up with him again preventing him from getting a well-deserved life-saving award. It occured during an officer involved shooting (also not recognized) when the subject was 10-7 and RV and a new Deputy worked the guy and got him back continuing to work him until SCFD arrived on scene and the subject was Bayflite where he lived. If it had not been for these Deputies actions after he was shot and 10-7, the story would have ended there.

Many people did outstanding things this year and should be recognized for their efforts. Unfortunately, politics has apparently got the best of the agency again.

Again. Not taking away from those who received awards they deserved just stating an observation I noticed at the ceremony.
    Interesting. At least the Herald actually published some positive press about the agency and our Deputies though !

Good job guys. The sorry part of the actual news footage was how once again, the ladies from records get there face on tv. Someone needs to suggest a diet, they make our agency look like all we hire is fat ugly cows. Give me a break what magnificent thing did they do?

Re: Award Ceremony

Quote Originally Posted by An Observer

I'm upset that this agency and Forbis could not put politics aside to recognize what those guys did in nokomis last year. To think if one of them was killed in the line of duty that day would politics play a role in that. The guy was dieing if not already dead and those guys saved his life and if i were them i'd be pissed off as well.

Also why weren't Dave and Jeff recognized for saving that woman's life that almost drowned after she rolled her car into a creek in Osprey. Wonder who those guys pissed off.

I am not taking away anything from those heros that were honored the other day, but it is ashamed and pretty darn low when some folks get recognized for their efforts and others don't because one person doesn't like them.

I remember a couple years back someone here go the life saving award after saving an adult who was choking on a piece of food where no threat was made on their life. But yet 3 deputies were threatend with their lives that day and the other deputies who saved the drowning lady could have easily been injured or died in the process of saving her life, but the Sheriff's Office could care less about those guys. Where is their motivation

My two cents

I think Dave and Jeff already got one didnt they? i could be wrong but i thought they got one??

Dave and Jeff's is postponed until the victim can attend.

If they really want a medal or award, let me know, they can gladly have mine. I'm not here for medals or handshakes, I do it because I enjoy it.

congrats CJ from RB.

whoever said "You can have mine" you are such a hero. I wish I were just like you, so perfect. You are the best deputy in the state. We love you. HAAA

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast