Who are you voting for?????
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Who are you voting for?????

Just wanted to find out who is more liked at this point in the game.

Benton- I for one am happy with the current Sheriff. Yes there is always the normal BS but for the most part she has done a great job! People give her a hard time for spending money however she has done a lot of work getting everything up to date.

Rowan- I know nothing about him other than he kept himself out of the news for the short time he was interm Chief. I would like to know more about his campaign.

Grimming- I have heard from a few retired FHP that he is a piece of crap.

for the winning side

It's funny how everyone forgets how things were before Sheriff Benton. Sure some of us have a beef with certain people that's been put in certain positions. But people should stop being so bloody judgemental and step back to look at all the good she's done for us too. She has brought our equipment up to par with other agencies, enlisted a person that has finally brought us training, gotten us accredited, consolidated dispatch, brought online a whole new system that makes our report writting easier as well as vastly improves the way we share information (smart cops), cameras in all of the patrol cars as well as new led light bars. The list goes on and on and on. Funny how fast we forget about all that though. And alot of you newer guys please don't be so quick to chime in, Most all of you guys weren't even around to experience the cave man like work environment that used to exist before Benton became Sheriff. So Mike Brown and Bobby Duncan hold a car wash of a bar b' q every freaking weekend to raise money for the competition. Don't make me freakin laugh. They only do it out of spite and the fact that theyre still pissed of 4 years later.
    Oh and that reminds me. If the competition means that those guys come back to the S.O. you had best vote Benton right away, because trust me, things will only become ugly LOL.

I believe if you compare the budgets from Sheriff Godwin and Sheriff Benton you will see how all of the new toys were purchased. If you look at all of the money that has been spent over the past few years it will show. It's not about the go but all about the show. The moral is at an all time low and the administration feels that if we just keep spending everyone will be happy. I feel that the public should have the right to step in and say that the spending needs to stop. Let’s get the deputies back in the neighborhoods and stop attempting to raise the spending limits. I for one have not seen a Deputy in my neighborhood in months but I have sure seen them on the highways. I believe that it’s time to become conservative and elect a new sheriff who is a little more down to earth. If you haven't spoken with Mr. Grimming you and the taxpaying citizens of Highlands County need to listen to his ideas.

Before you vote for Grimming, talk to some people that worked with and/or for him. He was not liked by the troopers, and did nothing progressive for them. If he was so great why is he still not their? I will tell you, he was not liked by anybody (troopers included). Rowan doesn't have enough experience to run APPD let alone the S.O. Benton has brough the S.O. from a joke to a professional organization in her 4 years. All I have to do is think back about 5 years ago when H.G. was sheriff and say "Thank you Sheriff Benton." and have 4 more years.

I still say Benton is best. I have heard about the D/S's getting stranded on the side of the road because Godwin never wanted to spend the money. So what if she is spending the budget that was planned to spend. If what was left was divided up between the citizens of HC they would maybe get 10 dollars or probably less than that. All of the increase in technology helps keep the citizens and law enforcement safe in this county. It is in no way all about the look. If you want to talk about how stuff looks and how someone is trying to look better take a look at Godwin who spent as little as possible and gave back to the comissioners to look good. Also keep in mind after that they didnt go sending out checks to anyone either.

Benton- you have brought us to the present, unfortunately your moral is really at an all time low. I was a strong supporter of yours, but my vote will be going in the Grimming box this time. We will not loose what you have brought us in the way of technology but the moral can only get better from here.

i totally agree with the last poster. she has brought technology up to par. however she has let her admin completely treat people like crap bully the ones that are not in the click and throw people into useless ia's and when the officers proved they were innocent still allowed them to be disciplined with no cause. we need a sheriff that will stick up for the little people. not just the paper pushing admin that is in charge. after all. we are ones putting our lives on the line everyday. not them we are the ones having our files ruined because of stupid crap we are not even doing. we need a leader that will take care of us

4 more years for Benton

For those that do not realize it the last Sheriff spent absolutely nothing. Every spare cent went back to the county commissioners to make him look better and to please them. Well alot of that money that went back includes raise money, money for better training, and better equipment. Bottom line is if they give the money we should spend it for these things. ALSO alot of that money comes from grant money as Benton is very smart about using grant money for the good of us. So please don't preach about spending too much. Because when it comes to having smart well trained officers you can never spend enough. And if you think were ever going back to Barney fife-ville then some of you guys are living an impossible dream. The population will continue to rise and we HAVE to stay ahead of the game. So no. Stopping spending is NOT a good thing at all and I refuse to hear arguments to the contrary. And as for moral at an all time low. Yup, I do believe that to, and that is something I would like to see changed for sure. But please don't spak to me about clicks ok. This town runs on clicks, the peeps that grow up here stick to their own ONLY, and quite frankly if you weren't in our last Sheriff's click you you arse out as well. Or do we alll forget to quickly how Sheriff Benton was basically forced out of her position BECAUSE she was running for Sheriff. Those dudes did every thing possible to screw he up. So lets discus those clicks LOL.

oh yeah

Almost forgot. I also think we should spend more times in the neighborhoods. Especially as that is what forces the bad guys out onto the highways. However Deputies answer absolutely rediculous calls ALOT. Not too mention there are times when there are just so many calls that it just never works out for them to get free to get to those neighborhoods. So alot of times it comes down to too much area and not enough D/S's. And just because yal DON'T see them doesn't mean their not there. Unless you spend all day staring out your window or posting lookout then you really don't know HOW many times a patrol comes by.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast