Lakewood Ranch on city path
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Senior Member LEO Affairs Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Patrina A. Bostic, Herald-Tribune
    LAKEWOOD RANCH — The people who want to see this master planned community become a city have ponied up $35,000 to determine if it is possible.

The economic study is to determine whether now is the time for Lakewood Ranch's community development districts to incorporate. The districts already assess annual taxes for some services, such as roads and parks.

The study would provide answers to essential questions that residents want to know, including: How much more would becoming a city cost them in taxes?

And what would be the dollar amount to operate their own police department?

A study conducted in 2001, for example, showed that Lakewood Ranch generated $11.2 million in property taxes but got only $8.9 million in county services.
    Click here for the full story.
    "Coming together is a beginning. Keeping together is progress. Working together is SUCCESS." -- Henry Ford

It will probably happen one day.

Pro Lakewood Ranch PD

Excellent place to get into after retirement and go for a second pension.

Im sure it be a pretty small department with only 14,00 residents.

amazing.......its ok to be a double dipper if you work for another agency, but not if you work here.

No my friend you missed that point. You can do it here also just not at the same you retired as. Heck I am not blaming the person just the Sate of Florida for not catching the loop hole.

LAKEWOOD RANCH

SIGN ME UP

Lakewood Ranch has virtually no crime. It would be hard to justify their own police department, due to the high start-up costs. Stranger things have happened though.

Um..no crime??? ur wrong...it may not be a lot of crime, but there are certainly enough 22f's, 22j's, 21v's etc to support a small agency....Lwr is growing....they already have a town hall, a hospital and so on....it certainly won't be long.....sign me up baby!!!

It will probably happen one day. Probably in 5-10 years so not anytime soon. These things take time.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast