Merger - Page 2
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Merger

why

WHY should the Union have to give up anything? The Sheriff wants us and the mayor wants us to go PBSO so why are we having to give up anything? We are the ones on the street with our lives on the line every day in this hell hole. The city already nickels and dimes us already and now they want us to give up something when they hardly give us anything already. Do you see what we have to pay for family insurance? Not one department in this county pays more for family medical then we do. It is unbelievable to me that this city wants us to give up stuff when we have to beg to get anything.

I guess now you're starting to wake up. This merger thing isn't going to be easy. Just be lucky if it happens. What a nightmare. And there arent any guarantees everyone will crossover because you are actually being rehired. It feels like we're going to be 2nd class deputies if this thing happens.

Get ready ladies and gents. The city will try to follow Delray Beach P.D. and lower our pension benefits. They are going to screw us if we stay blue. We must do all we can to go green. The sheriff will not screw us like the city will. Read todays Sun Sentinel about Delray Beach P.D. This will happen to us along with no raises the next year or two. If we do not go green the new cops will have to leave to support their families.

Leave and go where in this jobless economy?

Sure

WOW M.B. cares about new officers.... HA HA HA HA HA HA HA. If that were true we would all still be FOP and he would be our president. BUT, he tried to line his pockets with money and screw the officers in the step plan by getting rid of it even thought he had the benefit of the step plan as a cop. Way to look out for the younger officers now by trying to scare us Retire already and go away. Better yet keep your nose out of this hole blue going green thing b/c it reeks of desperation by you, because you have no power in this and no one believes what you say anyway.

Well said last poster. Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous
    I guess now you're starting to wake up. This merger thing isn't going to be easy. Just be lucky if it happens. What a nightmare. And there arent any guarantees everyone will crossover because you are actually being rehired. It feels like we're going to be 2nd class deputies if this thing happens.
    Wow talk about someone who is misinformed. The Sheriff has made it clear that every Lake Worth police officer will become Deputies. Stop siring the pot! Lake Worth officers will not be second class deputies. Royal Palm was not treated this way and Lake Worth will not either.

Re: Sure

Quote Originally Posted by THANX
    WOW M.B. cares about new officers.... HA HA HA HA HA HA HA. If that were true we would all still be FOP and he would be our president. BUT, he tried to line his pockets with money and screw the officers in the step plan by getting rid of it even thought he had the benefit of the step plan as a cop. Way to look out for the younger officers now by trying to scare us Retire already and go away. Better yet keep your nose out of this hole blue going green thing b/c it reeks of desperation by you, because you have no power in this and no one believes what you say anyway.
    Wow, talk about beating a dead horse. What you should be asking yourself is why are the current reps keeping information from the body. From what I hear, and this is just hallway talk since no one else is putting any information out, is that the Sheriffs office and the City have reached an aggreement but the city wants some concessions from the Union. These may be comp time or the greivances or both, no one knows for sure because no one is speaking. I know that there is a time limit, and since this merger is what the majority wants, the reps need to grow a pair and begin to work on it, before the time limit runs out.

Well lets see by Friday what happens. We all know something needs to happen whether it's going green or just getting a better schedule put in.

M.B get a life and stop spreading rumors (I know that is the only way you have "power"). Go play peakaBOOO in the woods in TENN and stop trying to screw people over by telling your stories.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast