Tom Lyons article about Dep. Stacey Eve
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Senior Member LEO Affairs Captain

Tom Lyons article about Dep. Stacey Eve

Episode arms foes of police stun guns
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Lyons, Herald-Tribune
    I have to think that Sarasota County sheriff's Deputy Stacey Eve has become an example.

As you may have read in a short news story last week, Deputy Eve was at a fire station in a restroom when, according to an assistant fire chief, clowning firefighters pounded loudly on the door, as a joke.

One firefighter ended up with a stun-gun prong in his abdomen.

Though the firefighter was taken to a hospital to have the prong removed, the injury proved to be very minor. But there seems to be differing accounts as to how the stun-gun hit happened.

Deputy Eve reported that the firefighter was hit by accident while Eve was trying to test the stun gun.

Even if so, that is worrisome.

But it sounds like her report, which is now under investigation, lacks candor and reflects Eve's reluctance to admit that she responded to the clowning firefighters by treating her stun gun like a toy.

Any deputy who aimed an actual firearm at anyone in jest or with carelessness should and normally would be disciplined to discourage such flagrant violations of gun safety rules.

That would be so even if no shot was fired. So I'm curious to see how the Sheriff's Office will handle this incident.

The weapon misused was a normally nonlethal stun gun, but it was fired, accidentally or not, and it did hit and injure another public safety employee.

Sometimes a cover-up is worse than the offense, it is said.

In this case, if there was a cover-up attempt, that is serious, as always when law officers are involved.

But the incident itself should be taken seriously, too.

At best, a controversial police weapon was treated with less than proper care. But it looks all too likely that the weapon was treated with no respect at all, and more like a child's squirt gun.
    Click here for the full story.
    "Coming together is a beginning. Keeping together is progress. Working together is SUCCESS." -- Henry Ford

Hey Tommy Boy. If your willing to take the full ride, I 'm sure it can be arranged. Let one of us know,

up to 50.0000 volts or 5 sec

End of any motor skills for 5 second

I dare you

But it looks all too likely that the weapon was treated with no respect at all, and more like a child's squirt gun.
    I couldn't have said it any better!!! It's NOT a toy for you to "play with the boys," Stacey!!! :?

Yea big "cover up". I think your on to something Tom Clancy haaa.

Quote Originally Posted by sso
    But it looks all too likely that the weapon was treated with no respect at all, and more like a child's squirt gun.
    I couldn't have said it any better!!! It's NOT a toy for you to "play with the boys," Stacey!!! :?
    I wonder what she told (or is going to tell) Internal Affairs?

Who cares. Itll be something else next week.

I would guess that there are more cops that HAVEN'T smoked weed than HAVEN'T pointed a taser at a friend.

Most of us have the god dang common sense to pull the cartridge off before red dotting our squad mates...

If anything good comes of this, I hope that everyone esp SE at least learns something.

Quote Originally Posted by Ms. Bump
    I just noticed what's written in the lower right corner of the pic! :snicker:

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast