Police Officers' Bill of Rights - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous
    This bill of rights does not apply to this department.
    You are wrong and your thought process fuels this major misconception by members of this department. The Police Officers Bill of Rights is Florida State Statue. The Tribe has agreed to follow Florida Law and we are certified Law Enforcement Officers.
    Educate yourself and protect yourself, It’s the only thing you can do without a Union.

IT IS YOU WHO IS WRONG BUT HOPEFULLY YOU EITHER DO THINGS BY THE BOOK OR MOVE ON TO A BETTER PLACE SO THAT YOU WON'T EVER HAVE TO FIND OUT HOW WRONG YOU ARE.

FIRST OF ALL, IF SPD WANTED TO FIRE YOU FOR NO REASON, THEY COULD. YOU HAVE NO UNION, THUS NO COLLECTIVE BARGAINING POWER. THAT'S HOW BSO AND OTHER AT WILL AGENCIES CONTRACT AWAY "BEING FIRED FOR NO REASON AT ALL" THEY PUT IT ON PAPER AND IN TURN, IN ORDER TO FIRE AN EMPLOYEE YOU NEED "JUST CAUSE." SHORT OF THAT, YOU HAVE NO SAY AND SERVE AT THE WILL OF THE PEOPLE YOU WORK FOR.

THE ONLY MISCONCEPTION BEING WRITTEN ON THIS BLOG IS THAT YOU CAN'T SUE THE TRIBE. YOU CAN BUT THAT DOESN'T MEAN YOU WILL WIN. FIRST OF ALL, YOU WOULD HAVE TO PROVE WRONGFUL TERMINATION OR DISCRIMINATION. THE TRIBE HAS THE MONEY TO RIDE IT OUT. THEY HAVE TRIED CASES IN THE U.S. SUPREME COURT. DO YOU KNOW HOW MUCH IT COSTS TO FIGHT A CASE ALL THE WAY UP TO THE SUPREME COURT? AT LEAST A MILLION AND I AM BEING GENEROUS. NOT JUST ANY ATTORNEY CAN REPRESENT YOU AT THIS HIGH LEVEL EITHER, THEY HAVE TO BE ADMITTED TO THE U.S. SUPREME COURT BAR. THIS OF COURSE IS ASSUMING IT MAKES IT THIS FAR. THE TRIBE IS AN ENTITY AND IT WILL CONTINUE TO EXIST WHILE YOUR LIFE IS BEING CHOKED OUT OF YOU. YOU WON'T GET A JOB ANYWHERE, ( AT LEAST NOT ONE THAT WILL PAY FOR YOUR LIFESTYLE) YOU WILL LOSE YOUR HOUSE AND EVERYTHING YOU OWN UNLESS YOU ARE RICH ALREADY, OR CAN DISPOSE OF YOUR ASSETS IN A TIMELY MANNER. NO ATTORNEY WILL TAKE ON THIS CASE ON A CONTINGENCY BASIS AND THUS EVEN IF YOU FOUND AN ORGANIZATION LIKE THE ACLU TO REPRESENT YOU (TRUST ME THEY WON'T UNLESS YOUR KID WAS FORCED TO READ THE BIBLE IN A PUBLIC SCHOOL) YOU WILL HAVE SPENT YOUR LIFE'S SAVINGS AND ASSETS FIGHTING A BATTLE YOU ARE DESTINED TO LOSE.

AND EVEN IN THE REMOTE CHANCE THAT YOU GET PAST THE TRIBE'S SUMMARY JUDGMENT MOTION (WHICH YOU WONT) A JURY MAY NOT EVER COMPENSATE YOU FOR WHAT YOU HAVE ACTUALLY LOST. THE UP SIDE TO NOT MAKING IT PAST A SUMMARY JUDGMENT IS THAT YOU WILL NOT BE OUT A MILLION DOLLARS, BUT MORE LIKE $15,000. IN ADDITION TO WHAT YOU LOST, THAT MONEY ADDS SALT TO THE WOUND.

THE BEST WAY TO PROTECT YOURSELVES FROM AT WILL EMPLOYMENT IS TO WORK IN A PLACE THAT CONTRACTS AT WILL EMPLOYMENT AWAY. IF YOU DON'T YOU ARE PLAYING HIGHSTAKES RUSSIAN RULETTE (NO PUN INTENDED) AND IN THE END YOU WILL HAVE NOBODY TO BLAME FOR THE OUTCOME BUT YOURSELF. DON'T BE BEGUILED INTO BELIEVING THAT THE LAW FAVORS THE JUST OR THE OPPRESSED, IT DOESN'T. IT FAVORS THE RICH AND THE POWERFUL. SOME PEOPLE HAVE GREAT CASES BUT NO ONE WILL TAKE THE CASE BECAUSE IT IS NOT PROFITABLE ENOUGH, EVEN THOUGH IT'S THE RIGHTEOUS THING TO DO. OTHERS WIN THE CASE AND THE ATTORNEY GETS ALMOST HALF OF WHAT THE JURY AWARDS AND THAT STILL LEAVES YOU IN AN ENORMOUS HOLE.

A PRIME EXAMPLE OF HOW OUR SYSTEM OF JUSTICE IS SKEWED TOWARDS THE RICH AND POWERFUL IS KEN JENNE. WOULD HE HAVE RECEIVED A YEAR AND A DAY IN FEDERAL PRISON IF HE WERE A DEPUTY? HOW ABOUT A MEMBER OF SPD ROAD PATROL?

IT'S GOOD TO KNOW THE LAW AND WHAT IT STANDS FOR BUT IF YOU ARE IN A SETTING WERE THE LAW DOESN'T APPLY, THEN WHAT GOOD IS THAT LAW? YOU WOULDN'T GO TO SAUDI ARABIA AND ARGUE THAT SLICING OFF SOMEONE'S HAND FOR STEALING A LOAF OF BREAD IS CRUEL AND UNUSUAL PUNISHMENT WOULD YOU? OF COURSE NOT BECAUSE THE 8TH AMENDMENT DOESN'T APPLY...GET MY DRIFT.

Great Reply

Great post PBA Attorney. I can't see why anyone would want to work fopr this organization except for retired police officer with great pensions already. Thereis no benefir foe working here. No pension, No job security, no support from administration if the Tribe does not approve. What a terrible place for a cop to work.

job

Sorry for the mistakes. I was typing to fast and didn't check after. But, you get my point.

I started this thread and believe it has spiraled into attacks on members of this agency and the department itself.

The intent of this thread is to educate uninformed employees of certain rights they are entitled to as a police officer under Florida Law.

For example:
    - the right to representation during an internal affair investigation
    - the right to review evidence prior to giving a statement
    - the Garrity Warning

I have had the occasion to be a witness and subject of internal affairs and administrative reviews at this agency and can testify to the fact that the department will honor the Bill of Rights provided you request them.

In my opinion the Bill of Rights is in place to protect innocently accused officers. If an officer is guilty of a policy / criminal violation then Bill of Rights or not they should receive the appropriate administrative action. If an officer is wrongly accused I believe the Bill of Rights can be a tool to assist the officer to exonerate them.

I do understand and respect different opinions but hope that as a result of this post officers are better informed of their rights.

I started this thread and believe it has spiraled into attacks on members of this agency and the department itself.

The intent of this thread is to educate uninformed employees of certain rights they are entitled to as a police officer under Florida Law.

For example:
    - the Garrity Warning

I have had the occasion to be a witness and subject of internal affairs and administrative reviews at this agency and can testify to the fact that the department will honor the Bill of Rights provided you request them.

In my opinion the Bill of Rights is in place to protect innocently accused officers. If an officer is guilty of a policy / criminal violation then Bill of Rights or not they should receive the appropriate administrative action. If an officer is wrongly accused I believe the Bill of Rights can be a tool to assist the officer to exonerate them.

I do understand and respect different opinions but hope that as a result of this post officers are better informed of their rights.
    Do you still work here?

For example:
    - the Garrity Warning

You are an idiot, you knew what you were getting into for starting this thread. Fidel, Tupac and Elvis are alive too right. Name one person that has been afforded the right to counsel present while being investigated at SPD you moron. I can name you all the cops who were fired without one and or who were threatened with being fired if they brought one to the IA interview. Get a life loser and quit posting nonsense. I do hope you find out the hard way that you can't have an attorney present and that you are as easy to replace as someone who opts to have the dish network over cable.

In the mean time, taking legal 1 and 2 at the academy doesn't make you an expert on the law. Some people do 7 years in addition to the 12 you did (if you did that many) to acquire that kind of knowledge. So quit posting legal fantasies on this blog which in turn is really legal advice and for your 411 it is a 3rd degree felony to give legal advice if you are not a lawyer. It is called the Unauthorized Practice of Law. FSS 454.23

[quote="Anonymous"]I started this thread and believe it has spiraled into attacks on members of this agency and the department itself.

For example:
    - the Garrity Warning

I do understand and respect different opinions but hope that as a result of this post officers are better informed of their rights.[/quote

Well there is are two ways in this world. The way it should be,,, and the way it is. You better learn that. Its written down, not set in stone.

rights

Quote Originally Posted by guest 1094

For example:
    - the Garrity Warning

I do understand and respect different opinions but hope that as a result of this post officers are better informed of their rights.[/quote

Well there is are two ways in this world. The way it should be,,, and the way it is. You better learn that. Its written down, not set in stone.
    The old crew is coming back. This place will be back to being the best Law Enforcement agency in the country. Chief Will knows how it was and what it is, we will have the best. Stand by.

Re: rights

[quote=guest 101]
    Quote Originally Posted by "guest 1094":8rxnqs43

For example:
    - the Garrity Warning

The old crew is coming back. This place will be back to being the best Law Enforcement agency in the country. Chief Will knows how it was and what it is, we will have the best. Stand by.
    [/quote:8rxnqs43]

Thats right,, I agree, Chief knows his role, he hasnt changed one bit, He cared about our families 5 years ago, and he cares now, He has sent out more emails showing his gratitude for our dedication than anyone else and concern for our families than anyone else. Hats off to Chief Latchford. Im proud to have him as our Chief and our leader. Things are getting better already.

Re: rights

[quote=guest SPD][quote="guest 101":1qtbfwf8]
    Quote Originally Posted by "guest 1094":1qtbfwf8

For example:
    - the Garrity Warning

Thats right,, I agree, Chief knows his role, he hasnt changed one bit, He cared about our families 5 years ago, and he cares now, He has sent out more emails showing his gratitude for our dedication than anyone else and concern for our families than anyone else. Hats off to Chief Latchford. Im proud to have him as our Chief and our leader. Things are getting better already.[/quote:1qtbfwf8][/quote:1qtbfwf8]

Are you a country music fan?

I've got some oceanfront property in Arizona
    From my front porch you can see the sea
    I've got some oceanfront property in Arizona
    If you'll buy that I'll throw the Golden Gate in free

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast