truck info
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: truck info

truck info

could someone tell me if a 95 international truck would be subject to any type of inspections by the state on a reg basis, if not is there anywhere to see if any type of inspections have taken place with this vehicle.

thanks for the info this is extremely importan

Is it in commerce?

truck

im not sure if it is commerce or not, it was in kathleen florida, owned by a small company,

Your not providing enough information. Commercial vehicles are subject to inspection. Are you trying to say that the driver is being "harassed"? Most people that claim their being harassed just can't get their paperwork and equipment in order. Try to provide is with more information so we can give you the best answer.

He/she did provide enough information. He said it is owned by a small company. This means it is being used in commerce, so yes it would be required to have an annual inspection by both Federal Regulation and State Statute. The company can have their annual inspection done by a private cmv inspector that meets the qualifications by the Federal Reg as to who is qualified as an inspector. They must provide a proof of the vehicle's annual inspection in or on the truck so that when they are stopped for cmv inspection by enforcement it can be verified. Not having proof of annual inspection is a violation of FSS and they can be cited by UTC for not having it. But this is the type of violation that is not normally given a ticket for also.

truck

this is the case, but first i would like to thank you for your responses to my question, very nice thanks,,,,,,, this is the case this truck is what we are trying to determine if it is a service truck or used for other purposes, the truck belonged to , mitchell mechanical services in kathleen florida, the vin is 1rtscaam3sh684119 , the big question is would this vehicle been subject to inspection and if so is there a site to get the results of the inspection,,,,,,, this vehicle was involved in a very bad accident, two children were killed in the accident.

truck

on the vehicle reg it says tag r56-1cc has a tag type of rgs, does this mean anything, and is this a special type of tag, thanks

Tag comes back to a 1999 International, blue in color with a vin of 1HTSCAAM4XH605371. Sounds like it's a regular tag.

truck

thanks for the info on the tag, would this truck have too be inspected if so is there somewhere i can look and see what inspections were done, and the results of inspections

Re: truck

Quote Originally Posted by guest information
    thanks for the info on the tag, would this truck have too be inspected if so is there somewhere i can look and see what inspections were done, and the results of inspections

Was the truck used in commerce during the accident? Is the GVWR on the tag over 10,000 lbs? If the was being used in commerce at the time of the accident then yes he would have been subject to an inspection. You can call your local DOT field office to see if a post crash officer could assist?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast