Any Suggestions? V Neck Compression Shirts - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Any Suggestions? V Neck Compression Shirts

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous
    I'm looking for a good shirt to wear under my vest.

My V-Neck cotton T-shirts get real sweaty...

Anybody have any suggestions?
    I found GREAT comfort in the V-neck Under Armour shirts sold at the place on Hillsborough Avenue by the airport. I am an XL shirt wearer and I bouught XXL compression shirts and that was the best thing I ever did.

My best advice is that you wear them inside out so that the seams dont leave an itchy impression on your sides from the tightness of the vest.

The moisture wicks away from you which kind of does make you cooler. But as previous posts suggest, it makes your vest carrier stinky. You have to lay it out at the end of the shift to let it properly dry and wash it often.
    Thanks! I've always used cotton t-shirts. I'm gonna try the under armor and see how it goes.

Get yourself some moisture wicken shirts, we used them in Iraq, they are great.

Quote Originally Posted by eddykane
    Aren't they very much like the compression shirts?
    Where can I get them? Any suggestions?

Moisture wicking

Quote Originally Posted by eddykane
    Aren't they very much like the compression shirts?
    Where can I get them? Any suggestions?
    They're similar to compression shirts, but not quite as.....um...."compressiony'..... Unless you're built like E.J. Diaz (TPD), compression shirts just displace stuff. 5 gallons of water will fit in a 4 gallon bucket, but not very neatly.

Moisture wicking shirts are everywhere. I like the ones from Sports Authority personally, but Wal-Mart, Target, etc. have them. Look for "dri-max" or "cool-max" or something trendy and non-sweaty sounding on the tags. They'll usually spell out their ability to wick moisture away from the body. Most of them have a texture that's a cross between cotton and spandex, kind of a course cloth but not uncomfortable. Since they're not as "trendy" as compression shirts, I usually pay $6-$10 each for them at the most.

As for stinky vest carriers, I used to buy the expensive "Vest Guard" stuff before someone clued me in on Febreeze, which is essentially the same thing.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12