PCSO Deputy arrested for DUI - Page 5
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Re: PCSO Deputy arrested for DUI

As a very wise Lt. says, "Whatever your career can handle"!

Quote Originally Posted by Broward SO
    From time to time I read other forums to keep informed of whats going on in police work. I stumbled accross this topic and I felt I had to give my two cents.
    First I would like to say that I wasn't there and I don't know all the facts. I for one know one thing, the State of Florida has given officers the choice to use discretion on misdemeanors. In other words, you don't have to make a 10-15 on a misdemeanor unless it raises to the point that you can be charged for failure to act.
    Are we above the law? Hell no! But I always keep in the back of my mind that if I 15nd the manager at Publix, he/she will pay attorney fees, court fees, ect...After it's all said and done, they can apply for a hardship license and their lives are back to normal. When a LEO or any other one in a high profile career does the same exact thing, well the above applies + he/she will most likely need to find another job to support their family.
    A couple of years ago, I stopped a principal from a local high school. I noticed the school ID hanging from the mirror and I knew that this person was in a high profile profession. Needless to say, if I had chosen to do the road sides, it wouldn't of have been pretty. A call to a family member and they were on scene in less than 10 minutes. I still remember the principal getting into the vehicle and telling me "you just saved my life". Two days later in the news, I saw the principal helping the community by painting a local low income project area. Bottom line, the principal was a good guy who made a mistake. He was an asset to the community. I could have taken away all his accomplishments that he has given to the community for a dumb mistake.
    From what I read, the deputy is a young guy. Look at what guys his age are doing. This deputy has chosen to do the right thing and serve his community. The job comes with a lot of stress, even more at that age. Now because of a dumb mistake, he will probably have to find another career. We are not perfect, and if you look at everything we do on duty/off duty I'm sure at one point or the other we have done something that if it came to light we would be fired. It's human nature. No one is perfect. One thing is we all come out here (99% of us) to do a good job, help the community and receive a retirement out of it. Society has turned against us and all we have is each other. Just look at how many LEOs have been shot in the last three years. From my agency alone, we have lost at least 5 (on duty). Three of them I knew and they will remain in my heart until its time for me to go.
    Just my two cents and I hope everything ends up well for the deputy.
    Stay safe brothers and sisters....
    What if two days later you saw that he killed a family because he was DUI.

Quote Originally Posted by justme333
    Quote Originally Posted by Broward SO
    From time to time I read other forums to keep informed of whats going on in police work. I stumbled accross this topic and I felt I had to give my two cents.
    First I would like to say that I wasn't there and I don't know all the facts. I for one know one thing, the State of Florida has given officers the choice to use discretion on misdemeanors. In other words, you don't have to make a 10-15 on a misdemeanor unless it raises to the point that you can be charged for failure to act.
    Are we above the law? Hell no! But I always keep in the back of my mind that if I 15nd the manager at Publix, he/she will pay attorney fees, court fees, ect...After it's all said and done, they can apply for a hardship license and their lives are back to normal. When a LEO or any other one in a high profile career does the same exact thing, well the above applies + he/she will most likely need to find another job to support their family.
    A couple of years ago, I stopped a principal from a local high school. I noticed the school ID hanging from the mirror and I knew that this person was in a high profile profession. Needless to say, if I had chosen to do the road sides, it wouldn't of have been pretty. A call to a family member and they were on scene in less than 10 minutes. I still remember the principal getting into the vehicle and telling me "you just saved my life". Two days later in the news, I saw the principal helping the community by painting a local low income project area. Bottom line, the principal was a good guy who made a mistake. He was an asset to the community. I could have taken away all his accomplishments that he has given to the community for a dumb mistake.
    From what I read, the deputy is a young guy. Look at what guys his age are doing. This deputy has chosen to do the right thing and serve his community. The job comes with a lot of stress, even more at that age. Now because of a dumb mistake, he will probably have to find another career. We are not perfect, and if you look at everything we do on duty/off duty I'm sure at one point or the other we have done something that if it came to light we would be fired. It's human nature. No one is perfect. One thing is we all come out here (99% of us) to do a good job, help the community and receive a retirement out of it. Society has turned against us and all we have is each other. Just look at how many LEOs have been shot in the last three years. From my agency alone, we have lost at least 5 (on duty). Three of them I knew and they will remain in my heart until its time for me to go.
    Just my two cents and I hope everything ends up well for the deputy.
    Stay safe brothers and sisters....
    What if two days later you saw that he killed a family because he was DUI.
    Or he kills your family! We are not above the law. If that is what you believe then you need another profession. Because people like you that are an embarrassment to law enforcement.

Ok obviously we have a difference of opinion. For a minute I thought I was f$cked up and I brought up this subject to the hardcore DUI guys in my agency (we have a task force) and even they agree that it's a tough choice to make. Some of them said they would do it hands down with no problem and others said no way. It just amazes me that not ONE of your guys defended the dep on this matter. I guess we see things a little different down here. No big deal, you guys see guys like me as "dirty" and an "embarrassment". And guys like me see you guys as rats and backstabbers. Who is right? Who is wrong? It doesn't matter. You guys keep making the decisions that you think is right and Ill continue to make mine. Each of us will have to live with our choices in life.

Law enforcement is a family. I wouldn't arrest my brother or sister, especially on a signal 1.

Not saying the guy should have gotten away free and clear, but it definitely could have been handled internally.

Oh and guess what? Even after the deputy was arrested, there are evil doers out there that are still driving drunk (the nerve!).

IF you believe that EVERY person that has an .08 or above BAC and drives needs to go to jail, then your judgment and decision making is piss poor.

So the DUI guys in your department are willing to put their butts on the line for a deputy that was found passed out In the MIDDLE OF ONCOMING TRAFFIC LANE, GAVE A FALSE NAME, HAD COMMITTED HIT AND RUNS, Im sorry but SOME REAL deputys and officers have worked too hard to get their standards yanked and value their jobs too much to let someone like that go.

Keep in mind Im sure that in a situation like this supervision had to get involved and they had to do what they had to do as well. That this is what they are there for. It was partially their call to make. And Im more then sure that a supervisors stripes and bars are not worth protecting someone who put themself in that predicament.

The deputy himself did not make the arrest out of malicious intent and was not out to GET ONE OF HIS OWN. No one wants to be put in the situation the arresting deputy was put in. But he had to do what he had to do.

But I damn sure would love to know what dept the above poster is from because If Im ever driving in their jurisdiction and I get hit by an impaired law enforcement officer (and from what i read in the newspaper it goes on a lot) and they get brushed off and given a day on the porch and nothing else, things will get pretty ugly . But thanks guys for setting such a wonderful example to the public.

By the way if the D/S had been found passed out on the SIDE OF THE ROAD with the keys OUT OF the ignition, not the engine running, then MAYBE he would have faired better. But the road he was on was a highly traveled road which poorly lit. It is amazing that he did NOT cause a crash. Does a car parked in your lane of traffic, facing you head on with the engine running, and a drunk driver in the seat who can step on the gas, flooring the car and hitting you head on, scare you much there mister above poster? It sort of scares the hell out of me.

the above poster needs to proof read their post for errors. i agree that alot of these type incidents could be handled internally. i don't know enough about this particular incident to form an opinion. but, i will say that i don't believe in hammering a fellow cop just to get my thrills or to make myself look like some kind of supercop in the eyes of staff. to the posters from outside this agency, many of our designated traffic units feel like they are royalty. they are offended if asked to respond to a minor traffic crash even if the shift is getting slammed because of constant short staffing. you see, the designated traffic units are another "specialty unit" within the sheriff's office. positions are taken away from patrol shifts to create these units. once created, they forget what their job description is and they want to work fatalities only. many of them also get off on reporting fellow deputies who might speed a little bit, etc.

I dont know about all you morons... but I for one will NOT end up in AI or under investigation of ANY sort because some idiot stupid d/s or officer decided their STRESS RELIEF was putting down a 6 pack, getting behind the wheel, plowing into a couple of stationary objects, and then taking a nap in the middle of a ROADWAY. You guys do what you want, good luck finding employment in the outside world when your investigation has been completed... (i.e. read the latest about the Pinellas and Pasco County deputies... IM SO PROUD TO HAVE THEM IN MY BROTHERHOOD)

Quote Originally Posted by Guest
    Jesus was an embarassment to this agency. His ego was only matched by his mouth. He thought he was so high and mighty. That he was the hardest working and best deputy on his shift. Then he BREAKS the LAW no matter how you morons want to spin it. And you people protect him. And attack the one who was doing her job. I've worked with both and know that she is a far better deputy than Jesus. Now to the person who stated "she is not one to talk", what is that from? What has she done that gives her no right to DO HER JOB? Because she is not the one who went to jail.

6331 used bad judgement and should have known better, but you cannot deny that he was a 10-8 deputy and was a great cop. Probably a better cop than all you idiots bad mouthing your former brother. He would have had you backs in a tight situation and now you guys are talking smack about one of the greatest deputies in polk history shame on you

I'm not the smartest guy in the world but let me see if my math is correct. the original post was made in june 0f 2008 and it only took you retards just under three years to come up with this snappy response. way to go turbo!!! surrounding himself with friends flowing with such quit wits as yourselves, its no wonder idiot boy "used bad judgement". turds of a feather drown together :devil:

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345