PCSO Deputy arrested for DUI - Page 3
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

no sheriff control what his members do when they are on or off duty everyone should be adults and know right from wrong by now and we have to govern ourselves

i have mixed opinions on this. i think that there are situations in which a fellow cop should extend some professional courtesy to another who has made a mistake or is in need. not sure on this one without actual facts. this is an extremely tough job...mostly mentally. sometimes you need to let off a little steam and be human for once. just be careful doing it. the general public just loves it when we f$@k up and the newspapers live for it. and its starting to look like other cops enjoy it too.

oh, and by the way.....no, i would never ever consider writing another LEO a ticket.....that it unless he pissed me off!

to the author of the last post.... ALL THE FACTS ABOUT WHAT HAPPENED WHERE ON THE FIRST PAGE OF posts...

1- DUI with property damage
    2- Passed out in ONCOMING TRAFFIC LANE veh still running
    3- NO SMART DEPUTY WILL RISK THEIR CAREER TO HELP OUT A DEPUTY WITH A CLEAR PROBLEM

NO BODY WANTS to write another d/s a ticket or worse and they dont get high off of doing it.... but PROFESSIONAL COURTESY does not extend to scraping a d/s out of his car after he crashed it at least once then fell asleep in the oncoming traffics LANE !

For those of you who may need explanation: A law enforcement officer driving a motor vehicle while intoxicated equals dirty cop! There you go... that should sum it up for some of you and if it doesn't, go get a job at a bar or check the Yellow Pages for the next A.A. meeting.

No, YOU need the explaination: A law enforcement officer driving a motor vehicle while intoxicated equals a dumbass...BIG difference between that and a "dirty cop"....

Professional courtesy ends when they go from civil to criminal.

Junior Member LEO Affairs Rookie
    The D/S that found 6331 was doing her job. And I commend her for doing so. So everyone needs to stop dogging her. She did not know who he was until he identified himself (probably thinking he would be just let go). So after finding out he was a D/S, the 2 units on scene along with EMS was just supposed to let him go and look the other way? What about the fact that this was called in on the radio which is recorded. How was it going to be explained if the driver was just let go? I wonder if they would have all had to make a pact not to tell anyone. At what cost? All of their jobs?

I agree with Polkster, myself and my family drive Old Polk City rd daily, it's the main road into town. The day this happened I was heading that way and lucky me was running late so went a different direction to work around the same time he was driving. How pissed do you think I would have been if he hit me then I find out he was just let go for the sake of "brotherhood"? I would have gone looking for all those involved and made sure everyone knew they had looked the other way.

I agree with "Brotherhood" to an extent. I read a story about an officer who was sleeping off his night of partying in his vehicle in the parking lot of a bar. He was not driving, was covered up with a blanket and had his heater on because it was cold. He was 1015'd for DUI even though the arresting officer knew he was a fellow officer. I personally believe that's a good case where the "brotherhood" should have kicked in. He was trying to do the right thing by not driving. I have personally done the same thing, just now I don't have the keys in the ignition. Also, giving fellow officers speeding tickets I feel is wrong unless in the case of D/S Barron who purposely tried to get fellow D/S to chase him on his motorcycle just for fun. Alot of you old timers should remember that.

Jesus used very poor judgement as well as his "friends" did by letting him drive drunk. I'm almost always the DD when I go out w/my friends drinking. And when it's my turn to let loose, I have someone whose trustworthy to be the driver for me or we stay at someone's house.

You have to use your brain, if you can't plan ahead and make sure you have a DD or somewhere to stay to sleep off your alcohol, then don't drink in the first place. It's just not worth it for a buzz.

The second deputy on that scene lost a daughter in a crash over eight years ago due to another driver's stupidity. It almost killed him and devastated his immediate and extended family. That pain is with him always .. every day.

It's interesting nobody gave him a hard time because of this arrest ...

You know, reading the latest news stories about DUI driver kills another person, along with all of the other DUI horror stories we have heard of, worked , or seen, it makes me SICK to my stomach and ashamed of OUR OWN deputies that scoffed at , threw stones at, the deputies doing their job in getting someone who had no BUSINESS being anywhere NEAR a vehicle.

You rookie deputies who celebrate with a bottle in your hands and who have ALLOWED this behavior are an embarassment. HOW DARE THEM DEPUTIES ARREST one of their BROTHERS....

DISPICABLE.. completely dispicable

Re: PCSO Deputy arrested for DUI

Jesus was an embarassment to this agency. His ego was only matched by his mouth. He thought he was so high and mighty. That he was the hardest working and best deputy on his shift. Then he BREAKS the LAW no matter how you morons want to spin it. And you people protect him. And attack the one who was doing her job. I've worked with both and know that she is a far better deputy than Jesus. Now to the person who stated "she is not one to talk", what is that from? What has she done that gives her no right to DO HER JOB? Because she is not the one who went to jail.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast