12 hour shifts - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: 12 hour shifts

Re:

Quote Originally Posted by Guest
    The median income for Escambia County is 35K. Off duty is just that, off duty, meaning "EXTRA MONEY". Don't use the off duty arguement. For a single officer who doesn't want to leave the area, try and find a job making more than 30K, good luck unless your Daddy owns a business. If you have put yourself and your family in a situation where you depend on off duty, sorry, that's your problem.

Our starting salary is 35K. When I started is was below 20K and that was not that long ago. Those of you in this new generation don't know what it is to have to work off duty to make ends meet to just provide the basics. Get rid of one of your vehicles, your boat, jet ski, and your house that a realtor like Sgt. Horn (he is a proven liar) convinced you that you could afford even though you couldn't. It's called budgeting folks. A lot of you young folks can't even budget your leave, which is why you don't have any. If your leave is less than 400 hours, don't complain about 12 hours shifts, YOU PUT US THERE!!!!
    When I was there I started at $21K ... boat? jetski? I couldn't afford any of that stuff. I was lucky to bring home $950 a month and of course the Sgts played favorites with "extra jobs" Resigning was the best thing I ever did. I missed it for awhile but thankfully now I make 6 figures. Congrats on finally getting taking home cars.

Re: 12 hour shifts

This is what 12 hr shifts do for you

Working an 11-hour day can increase heart attack danger by 67 per cent

Read more:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/artic ... z1IgiN7CzF

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234