SSO online arrest-list

Senior Member LEO Affairs Captain

SSO online arrest-list

SSO online arrest-list makes exceptions
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd Ruger, Herald-Tribune
    SARASOTA COUNTY — Amber Mockovciak was arrested on a drunken-driving charge, but because she happens to be the daughter of a deputy, the Sheriff's Office did not post her name and the charge on the Internet along with the names of 159 other people arrested that day.

Like other sheriff's offices across Florida, Sarasota County publishes an online list of arrests. The list started as a convenience for the media and has become popular with lawyers and people who are curious.

If Mockovciak, 29, had been arrested in Charlotte or Manatee counties, her arrest would have been published online.

Manatee County's online list recently included Charles Michael Wells, grandson of ex-sheriff Charlie Wells and son of a sheriff's lieutenant. Wells, 18, was charged with check fraud.

But in Sarasota County, the arrests of law enforcement officer's relatives are left off the online list.

Lesaltato said the Sheriff's Office is not trying to hide the arrests because records of them are still available to the public or the media in the lobby of the sheriff's headquarters on Ringling Boulevard.

Lesaltato also said the Sheriff's Office can edit the online list as it wants to because it is not the official record of arrests.

"I could pull that whole Web site down tomorrow and still be within the guidelines of the law," Lesaltato said. "And believe me, we've thought about it."

That is a judgment call, Lesaltato said.

It is rare for anyone to complain when a name has been left off the online arrest lists.

Defense attorney Robert Harrison says plenty of his clients wish they could be excluded.

"I've had many clients come to me and wanted to know how they could have that sheet removed from the Internet," Harrison said.
    Click here to read the full story.
    "Coming together is a beginning. Keeping together is progress. Working together is SUCCESS." -- Henry Ford

Re: SSO online arrest-list

Lesaltato said the Sheriff's Office is not trying to hide the arrests because records of them are still available to the public or the media in the lobby of the sheriff's headquarters on Ringling Boulevard.

Lesaltato also said the Sheriff's Office can edit the online list as it wants to because it is not the official record of arrests.

"I could pull that whole Web site down tomorrow and still be within the guidelines of the law," Lesaltato said. "And believe me, we've thought about it."

That is a judgment call, Lesaltato said.
    Does Lesaltato even know what to say to the media? It sounds like he's pissing the media off. No wonder we're at war with the media. :roll: :?

Monge was able to handle the media, but our current sheriff, to include Chuck Lesato, always seem to be on pins and needles with the media. I've tried to give Lesato good info that I know the media will want, but he always yawns and brushes it off and he doesn't even take the info. No wonder the media can't get a straight answer out of Lesato --- because he doesn't even know what's going on in the agency! That's why he's always giving half-baked answers!

Lesato is another one of those "specialty" promotions for holding a campaign sign, even though he did not pass the sergeants test. So Balkwill promoted him to sergeant anyways ---- and then to lieutenant. Lesato was a dud as a deputy ---- and he was a dud as a "special" sergeant ---- and he's still a dud as a "special" lieutenant. BTW, why is Lesato "special"?

Tard!
    http://www.erichufschmid.net/Dumb-down/super-retard.JPG

Chuck L

I doubt its Chuck L as much as numb-nuts Balkwill. Can you imagine working for a guy who lies and flip-flops as much as he does?

I kind of feel sorry for Chuck. you have numb-nuts on 1-side and dopey dunklee on the other causing media attention everytime you turn around.

We need a new sheriff bad....

Away

I know lets elect GOOFstason because we stir up so much media attention..right ??? Lets see, not even elected yet or ever, but chose to surround himself with someone who files a false complaint and generates unneeded negative publicity for your department....Yeah...GOOFS are security guard.. I mean "Man"

Chuck is really nice guy and fun to hang with but he is no smooth talker.

You want mug shots? here's your friggin mug shots