Will this one start a riot? - Page 2
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by joe citizen
    as long as the media does not play this into something its not ,everything should be fine, I hope there is no trouble down there,south stpete has come along way,it still needs alot of improvement but its moving in the right direction,I actually picked up a late dinner at Salems Gyros & Subs saturday night around 930 on 34thst s, and felt pretty safe being a white guy in the hood with my windows down,it was not like that 5 years ago,its still not NE stpete but its slowly improving.
    :roll: BETTER CHECK THE HEADLINE IN TODAY'S S P TIMES. SEEMS LIKE THEY ARE TRYING TO START A RIOT. THE TIMES' EDITORS SHOULD BE ASHAMED OF THEMSELVES FOR THAT HEADLINE. :cop:

Riots

Harmon better get his act together and not drop the ball on this one. He has already waited too long. First thing he needs to do is have a press conference and get all the facts out. Let the public know this kid was shooting a gun and why the officer used deadly force.

Harmon should have the 911 tapes released letting the public hear how bad it was there. Hearing a callers voice how bad it was will go a long way.

Harmon can do many other things but the first two are prudent.

Get out while you can, guys ... let 'em have it!

all I can say is if the s..t hits the fan I hope all of the 520 strong the chief says we are suppose to have show up. or maybe this will prove once and for all chucky is full of crap.

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous
    Now now boys, I'm sure Gulfport and St. Pete have both called each other for backup, and probably have kicked ass for each other! I would have to say though if a riot tried to come across 49th, I don't think it would get past the double yellow.
    Why is that? Becasue you would try to arrest the cops and then call it a block party not a riot?

With all due respect, I dont know how you guys work in that $hit hole of a city! Good luck and stay safe!

Joe citizen wrote:

Good points Joe, but a look at the Times web site shows them putting the Uhurus right at the top of their page. The headline reads "Uhurus: Teen was unarmed, 'murdered' by police".
    There must be a reason the voice of the downtown business community gives this group such prominence, but I don't get it.
    Yeshitela and Dawson's mother, 38-year-old Yolanda Baker, disputed the police account. They said Dawson and other teens scattered when police arrived. Javon was shot in the back with his hands up, Yeshitela said.

"shot in the back with his hands up"!

A striking difference from the official version of events, yet without a reliable source not newsworthy. Now this claim has gained credibility from appearing in a major newspaper. It very easy to prove which way he was facing when he was shot. But why look for evidence when you can get a good quote from the Uhurus.
    Too often our young people are victims of violence and we grieve for them. The rare cases where police pull the trigger leave a bad feeling even when the evidence tells us this was unavoidable. My answer is to get drugs and guns off the street and let kids grow up in peace.
    Could the only purpose of this publicity be incitement of violence that leads to extortion of cash to "calm" the tensions.

The way the media is giving ink & air time to these hate groups and bias witnesses with conspiracy versions of what took place we may have another disturbance coming, but with this occurring towards the middle of the month and not on the 1st of the month[mothers day] [democrat day} we may have dodge the bullet down there once again,if nothing happens friday night all should be well unless more theories point to him being shot in the back or the chief throws this poor young cop under the bus for doing his job and the state attorneys office rightfully clears him of any wrong doing,kinda like how the last riots started, this time dont clear him of any wrong doing on the 2nd of the month this time, south stpete is an entirely different place around the 1st of any month,god forbid its a friday and a fullmoon.

Yeah, I gets my gov'ment check and cheetoo's on the 1st of the month!

go ahead and burn your part of the city again / the feds will rebuild it.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast