Moderator?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Moderator?

Moderator?

Is there an active moderator in this forum? I'm sure I'm not the only one who is sick of the constant *****ing and griping that occurs on this site. And I think it's stupid all the wannabe's and S.O. turds come in here trying to start stuff. I'm on another site, and when people begin to fight and argue over the internet, the post gets locked.

Debates are fine, and this is where we can each come to speak our opinions, but when the thread begins to get juvenile, a moderator needs to step in. I've never seen a Mod post more than a sticky in here.

Sample please

Give us an example of what you're talking about. Make sure it's not just an opinion you disagree with.

here's some samples

I already said it's not about opinons I don't agree with, since that is the point of the forum. I'm speaking about the 3 page thread about "PCSO is coming" and some of the posts in the K-9 thread (calling someone a **** is over doing it.)

I know we can't help when another person, officer or deputy comes in to rile people up, but the moderator, knowing what's coming with the initial post, can lock it to prevent the juvenile crap that follows.

the c word

It was a member of your agency that used the c word. Other posters from your agency frequently get angry and use unspeakable vocabulary. Speak to your associates at read off or send an agency wide e-mail and make your protest there. Just a thought, dear.

Junior Member LEO Affairs Recruit

Re: here's some samples

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous
    Is there an active moderator in this forum? I'm sure I'm not the only one who is sick of the constant *****ing and griping that occurs on this site. And I think it's stupid all the wannabe's and S.O. turds come in here trying to start stuff. I'm on another site, and when people begin to fight and argue over the internet, the post gets locked.

Debates are fine, and this is where we can each come to speak our opinions, but when the thread begins to get juvenile, a moderator needs to step in. I've never seen a Mod post more than a sticky in here.

I already said it's not about opinons I don't agree with, since that is the point of the forum. I'm speaking about the 3 page thread about "PCSO is coming" and some of the posts in the K-9 thread (calling someone a **** is over doing it.)

I know we can't help when another person, officer or deputy comes in to rile people up, but the moderator, knowing what's coming with the initial post, can lock it to prevent the juvenile crap that follows.

Actually I've been on vacation and haven't been on the board on a regular basis lately. Then I come across your profanity, which is something that you're complaining about.

I'm not going to assume, what other people are going to post and lock a thread to prevent it. (I learned many years ago what happens when you ASSuME)

I'm going to make a post at the top of the Board with the information on how to file a complaint ant the information to include. I don't have time to go through every single post every single day. I go through it when I can. If some one emails me a complaint, I will look at it as soon as I can.

In the mean time, I will go through the thread you mentioned.

Mod 43

Re: here's some samples

Okay, I went through the K-9 thread and deleted that post with the dirty word I missed nearly 2 months ago.

I went through all 3 pages of the PCSO is Coming thread which is from December and January, and didn't find any violations that I missed before.

If you see other violations that I have missed please email them to me. Apparently you are better at seeing them than I am. Maybe you ought to email Mod 1 and request to replace me. Oops, maybe the dirty word you posted should cause your post to be deleted too... Which is worse the C word or the B word?

Mod 43

I'm not trying to overthrow anyone's authority or take anyone place. I honestly just wondered if a moderator did anything here besides post "sticky" once in a blue moon. I started the post.... not to start things or get called "dear", (which my wife thinks is fun), but rather make this forum less hateful. It seems the animosity is overwhelming, even between fellow LPD oficers.

But maybe that isn't the moderator's job. I'm am a member on other forums, not LEO related, and the moderators are more visible and active. This isn't a jab at your skills or the policies of being a mod. I simply posed a question.

I'm not trying to overthrow anyone's authority or take anyone place. I honestly just wondered if a moderator did anything here besides post "sticky" once in a blue moon. I started the post.... not to start things or get called "dear", (which my wife thinks is fun), but rather make this forum less hateful. It seems the animosity is overwhelming, even between fellow LPD oficers.

But maybe that isn't the moderator's job. I'm am a member on other forums, not LEO related, and the moderators are more visible and active. This isn't a jab at your skills or the policies of being a mod. I simply posed a question.
    My job as I understand it is to enforce the Terms of Use. I don't try to assume what some threads lead to. I am one that believes that less moderation is best. This board is for the officers not me. I can't control their animosity against each other. Showing animosity isn't a violation of the Terms of Use, from my reading of them.

I read some of the threads on the board over the weekend, not all of the, as I have a Job and a family life too. For the most part I was impressed considering some of the threads I have seen on some of the other boards.

Look at our thread about Contract and Retirement and I would put the posts in that thread up against any on the other boards for being a model of what these boards were intended for. Go look at any thread on Broward County SO's Board and then come back and read the thread PCSO is Coming, which you complained about. Then tell me again what your complaint is. I still for the life of me can't find a violation of the Terms of Use in that thread.

Like I said, I have my full time job to do, and if you are a cop, you would understand it's not a 40 hour a week job, and a family life too. I put my priority on my family life. That is what is most important. If you think that I'm not doing something right on this board that is your right. Feel free to contact mod1@leoaffairs.com, I really don't have an issue with it if you do. I am always open to change and learning.

Don't worry, I would never call you Dear, other on this board might, but only to irritate you though.

Mod 43

Every agencies forum is the same thing, 80% negativity with 20% useful and thougtful posts. Largo is no worse, and sometimes better, that what a lot of peoples forums contain.

What a joke. Can I just say LOSER. Not directed to the mod but the idiot that needs to grow up.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast