The Overtime Option - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

It amazes me how people make up things on this website. Lying about things isn't going to make PBSO magically merge with your PD.

I think it is 2 or 3 people that keep talking to themselves anyway. We all know if you say something enough times it must come true.

Maybe one day this site will be about actual police work. Wow, what a concept.

As far as getting hired at PBSO, it varies. Honestly, if you have someone who can push your application through the process it takes a shorter amount of time. I have spoken with several new hires here at PBSO and some of them have said that it took up to 14 months to get through the process; others are able to get through in 3 months. It all depends on who you know. That is the honest truth, good or bad. The days of hiring 30 to 40 deputies every few weeks are over for the foreseeable future. Until the economy and property tax issues are resolved things are going to be tight at all governmental agencies, including PBSO. That ultimately means few deputies will be hired. PBSO will continue to hire for current open positions, there are no more new positions that are being created and the last I heard none being proposed for the next budget. So, as people leave they will fill those positions. If you are serious about getting hired at PBSO put in your application, be persistent and if you have any favors due you might want to call them in. If not be happy where you are, that is the most important part of life.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234