Come see ALL of the sheriff candidates speak!! June 9!!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Come see ALL of the sheriff candidates speak!! June 9!!

The Coalition of Neighborhood Associations (CONA) has invited ALL of the candidates for Sarasota Sheriff to come and speak at:It's your county, your vote and your decision! Come and see them speak and decide for yourselves! The choice is yours!

I haven't been to a debate yet, but I've wanted to see all the candidates speak for a long time. I would have gone to a debate in the past, but I never knew where or when they were being held. I'll definately be going to this one, along with my family. Thanks for sharing the time, date and location.

I'll go just so I can see who the best speaker is. I want to hear what they have to say ------ and then I'll make my choice. No offense to anyone is intended (lots of arguing going on around this website).

Best Candidate

The debates are great. They clearly demonstrate who has the actual experience required to lead an agency of this size. Some candidates really have nothing productive to contribute, but spend their time (sometimes angrily) expressing negative and inaccurate comments, rather than sharing their goals and objectives for progress.

You'll also observe candidate supporters present (agency employees and non employees). One candidate has 3 or 4 times as many as the other candidates. These supporters have conducted themselves very professionally and appear to truly be a Team.

I am not an employee nor am I a family member, but you'll recognize whom I'm referring to when you attend a debate. If I were an employee, I would be offended by some of the negative comments made towards my agency and the professional men and women who work there.

Enjoy the debate, form your own opinion, and cast an educated vote!

Re: Best Candidate

Quote Originally Posted by Sarasota Voter
    The debates are great.
    A lot of the guys talk about them, but I haven't seen one yet. I've DEFINATELY gotta go to check'em out!!!!

They clearly demonstrate who has the actual experience required to lead an agency of this size.
    I'm not so sure that we'll be able to read that much into a debate.

Some candidates really have nothing productive to contribute, but spend their time (sometimes angrily) expressing negative and inaccurate comments, rather than sharing their goals and objectives for progress.
    This I've gotta see!!!

You'll also observe candidate supporters present (agency employees and non employees). One candidate has 3 or 4 times as many as the other candidates. These supporters have conducted themselves very professionally and appear to truly be a Team.
    Ok, the wheels in my head are spinning pretty fast. I'm trying to visualize which campaign team you're referring to.

Enjoy the debate, form your own opinion, and cast an educated vote!
    Oh ya! :cop: :mrgreen:

Yes I have been to a few of the debates and I will agree some of the things that come out of those mouths about my agency do get me very mad. I really do not know where they are getting their information from but boy it made a couple of them look really stupied to those that work here and know what we do have and don't have,,,,But you are correct, everyone no matter whose team you may be on is very professional, I saw a few folks that are employees who are supporting one person and even at work there is no animosity, which I am very greatful for,,,

may the best person win, good luck to all

CONA

Where is this place...I live out east and don't get down that area much?

Blvd of the Arts is another name for 6th St.....1100 blk puts it near US 41

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous
    Ok, that's west of the trail. I know exactly where that is. Thx and see u there. If you're curious to know who I am, please don't bother guessing because I'm not going to remove the paper bag from over my head while I'm watching the debate. :lol:

Quote Originally Posted by sso
    Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous
    Ok, that's west of the trail. I know exactly where that is. Thx and see u there. If you're curious to know who I am, please don't bother guessing because I'm not going to remove the paper bag from over my head while I'm watching the debate. :lol:

I have no fear whatsoever of showing my face at the debate. I'll be there and I'll be wearing the next sheriffs campaign shirt. :mrgreen:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast