Student ID badges coming
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Senior Member LEO Affairs Captain

Student ID badges coming

Student ID badges coming
    Quote Originally Posted by Liiberty D. Veedon, Pelican Press
    All students in the Sarasota County Public School District will wear ID badges when the next school year begins, from kindergarten through 12th grade.

These badges will allow school personnel to identify students and verify that they are authorized to be on campus.

"We have had pretty significant instances of trespassing," said Larry Leon, the district's director of safety and security.

The standard ID badge will have the student's photo, first name and initials, grade, teacher's name and a bar code with a personal ID number. The students will be expected to display the badges at all times.

Those using school buses to commute will have an additional card clipped to their ID badges, which will track the students. All the buses have GPS. With the ID cards, if a student gets off at the wrong stop, it can be tracked in a minute.

The badge can also be used as a debit card in the cafeteria and at checkout points in the media center.
    Click here for the full story.
    "Coming together is a beginning. Keeping together is progress. Working together is SUCCESS." -- Henry Ford

Freakin Larry Leon....Talk about a Blowhard.

tick

Larry Leon said that loosing all the SRO's will save the school board $200K. The ID badges will cost $200K a year to implement. Here is an idea. Why not forgo the ID badges which are supposed to make the schools safer and use that money to keep the SROs. Just my .02c

Unreal

Oh yeah ansd I am sure everyone of these children will remember their id everyday and not mutilate or deface or loose their cards. What rocket scientist thought of this? Wayyy to go how about the teacher keep them in her class. Wait its called attendance....

enough

Unless you have worked as an SRO, you have no clue what goes into the SRO program, so shut the "F" up and move on. You clueless wonders never cease to amaze me with how hard you thing patrol is. Any mindless wonder can shuffle calls and write a few tickets.

the reason we are getting rid of our SROs is because dunk hates the program and convinced balkwill to dump it. if elected, he'd dump it completely. what a friggin moron.

Re: enough

Quote Originally Posted by commandpro
    Unless you have worked as an SRO, you have no clue what goes into the SRO program, so shut the "F" up and move on. You clueless wonders never cease to amaze me with how hard you thing patrol is. Any mindless wonder can shuffle calls and write a few tickets.

the reason we are getting rid of our SROs is because dunk hates the program and convinced balkwill to dump it. if elected, he'd dump it completely. what a friggin moron.
    I used to be in favor of the SRO program, but it's changed over the years -- and not for the better. I agree that there is a place for SROs in the school system, but the school system should have (and fund) their own police force.

Re: enough

Quote Originally Posted by commandpro

Dunklee doesnt hate the program. Stop putting words in his mouth. Unless you have herd that out of his mouth and I know you havent. Stop guessing. The issue is funding Amendment 1 reductions. Do the math Its not that hard. Programs being cut. The School Board has a Police Department. If they need it that bad then they can fund it all the way. Services will be cut and Id rather have the cops on the street plain and simple. Its time the chool board trains the admin not to call LE for everything.

The school board has Sam Wison running it. He can't find his butt with two hands tied behind him. He couldn't investigate worth a crap when he was with FHP. You have to use the 50/50 rule when talking to him because of his BullSh!t. Get rid of the school police and keep SSO.

Unless you have worked as an SRO, you have no clue what goes into the SRO program, so shut the "F" up and move on. You clueless wonders never cease to amaze me with how hard you thing patrol is. Any mindless wonder can shuffle calls and write a few tickets
    It's amazing how quickly some SRO's forget what it's like to work weekends, nights, and holidays. Oh and for some SRO's, summers. Don't blast the backbone of the agency becasue you're firing off on one ignorant person

Some of you dont remember but patrol used to have to respond to the schools for every little thing before the SRO program became what it is today.

Im glad they are keeping them in middle and high schools. Trust me guys when I say we would be taking many reports at the schools if they were totally eliminated.

I for one appreciate not having to respond to the schools anymore and appreciate the SRO's taking some of my workload. For those that work z7 dont think you wouldnt be responding to Riverview High School on a daily basis. Because you would be.

Some day those of you who dont recall those days might appreciate it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast