Actual Count - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Actual Count

Re: Actual Count

Hey CPA the other guy is telling the truth, the actual count IS made up, it has been that way for years. As to participation every person on the ramp participates including the supervisors, and I mean ALL the supervisors.

Made up? I always try to get it as accurate as possible.

I've never seen the common sense in an actual count. No way it can be even close at anytime. Lets see wait, write down the trs numbers before and after shift and come up with it. No way you can do it acturatly. Ask every truck, check every 20th, check every one with a questionable bill, apprehend all the bypasses, answer a constant ringing phone, enter all livestock, enter all plants and produce, do everything the sgt tells you to do so he don't have to do it, now an arrest is made and your down to either one man or two on a seldom day. This is gotta be the biggest joke of all jokes ever. To much has been added and to much worrying about activity numbers with low man power to do this job even at 25%. I wouldn't break to much of a sweat over it. If your doing actual count with only two on shift per side your not doing your job, because you can't!

I watched a guy do the actual count one time. He sat at a desk, pulled out last months count and made tick marks in the boxes till the numbers looked good. Took about an hour on the midnight shift. Anybody else seen this done?

uhhh can't you read, it is FAKE , it is MADE UP, it is a WASTE OF TIME, it is a JOKE, it is WORTHLESS.............

ok, hopefully that clears it up for you, what is FUNNY is that over here everyone below the rank of LT knows it for what it is, but we keep on doing it, WHY ????????????????????????????????????????????????ye p bunch of question marks there.

I am the GUARD , the real ROAD GUARD and I " let em know, and let em go " just the way I was taught to by the OALE

Could you please tell us on the outside what the heck an actual count is?

uhhh, thats easy, it is where a few guys sit around for about 20 minutes and make little tick marks with a pencil or pen on a sheet of paper with their best or worst guess of how many of what type vehicles/commodites/operations came by a station over a given time period.

I am the GUARD the ROAD GUARD :cop:

A simple search of old threads will almost always reveal the answer to your new post questions?

Keep countin them trucks son, you got nothin better to do!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234