Actual Count
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Actual Count

Actual Count

WHY? I am baffled by this. Do people not know that alot of trucks (2500-4500) come through our stations? That is the high volume stations. This seems like a senseless waste of time.

Actual Count and DOR

This helps the folks in Tallahassee justify the existence of another unimportant job position.

You're right though, it is an incredible waste of time. All of the truck summary count is a waste. If they want to know how many trucks come through, all they have to do is look at the TRS (another piece of junk). Instead of spending money on worthless junk, they should do away with those things and give us a gas allowance and a raise. Not to mention the amount of money we bring to the state through the Department of Revenue (DOR). The PBA bargaining unit and the higher ups :twisted: do not fight for us, they keep us disgruntled...but at least we have a job!

How many times do we have to justify our existence? :twisted:

It is a waste of time. It ties up an oficer for a 24 hour period, by making someone stand at that window making ticks. Do not let the Capt. or Lt. catch you doing your real job and not standing in the window making those ticks when you are there by yourself. TRS (POS) counts all trucks coming through, that should be good enough. I have actually seen a Capt. change the actual count numbers before because he thought they were "to low".

Do it the easy way. If you are not you are just screwing yourself.

WAAAA

Stop crying Penny, just do your job sport. I do agree with the fuel situation, but Tally has to do something about that. I think that our higher up are doing what they can for us. They visited with some stations a few days ago and seemed to be concerned about us.

Waaaaa

I think if we had more people responding (Waaaaa) when someone started complaining the ramp would be a better place. Some people aren't happy with what they have, but I guess it's human nature to complain. "Be happy you have a job" that's what I was taught all of my life.

Sorry to tell you like it is...

I understand why we use the clicker. Our regulatory powers only will allow us to go so far. With the clicker we can get into trucks we normally would never be able to get into. I think the truck summary count is alot easier since it is all electronic and takes very little time to complete. Even though the TRS system tells them how many trucks come through our stations it does not tell them what type of trucks.
    I don't agree with supervisors changing actual numbers just to inflate the numbers. I do believe we all have ajob to do and this is just one aspect of our job.
    I personally like this job. I don't have to worry about crack heads and foot pusuits and domestics, etc. Been there done that and got the scars to show for it. This job is a very easy job to do. Yes it is a different aspect of being an LEO and we are not treated as LEO's by the outside world and our own admin. But like it or not we are LEO's.
    Just do your job and while doing your job trust me you will have all the regular LEO stuff come.
    We are all short handed and most of the officers are upset and not happy. Since I have been with this agency it has come along ways. I never thought we would become accredited but look at us we, the officers, got this done.
    Overall this is a good agency to work for. Does it have "BS" of course it does. But you have "BS" at every Dept. that aspect never goes away.
    I have always said this job is not for everyone. If you don't like it then get out and find something you do like. Things will change in the future. No drastic changes anytime soon but they will change.

We have the easiest job in State Law Enforcement.

Actual Count

In region 3, they are required to do actual count electronically as well as on PAPER. It takes longer to complete because of the REDUNDANCY of electronic and paper. It would be easy to get shot when you have so many other, unessential things to pay attention to. Be realistic, when you ask a trucker what he has in his trailer, how do you know when it is the truth? You have no idea what is in most trucks unless you inspect the paperwork or the load. And if you inspect the load and/or paperwork, you are not able to get an accurate count of all the trucks that bypass because the ramp is backed up and the bypass light is flashing. You realistically get a count of 70-80% of the trucks that actually come down the Interstate. And what is actual count really for? What purpose does it serve? The agency is so short staffed that it seems like a serious waste of the little resources we have. I agree that doctoring the statitstics is unethical and that our job is easy when compared to other LEO's, but that doesn't make it right to not provide an incentive to stay with the agency. I don't know of anyone who wants a "drastic change", but what we would like is equality when compared to other state LEO's. You're right about the BS...all agencies have their fare share. But I'd rather accept BS and have a car to drive than to accept BS and not have a car. Morale would be higher if we could get a car to drive back and forth to work rather than put 25K miles on our POV annually (oil changes, tires, gas, etc. ain't cheap).

Quote Originally Posted by Oscar
    I understand why we use the clicker. Our regulatory powers only will allow us to go so far. With the clicker we can get into trucks we normally would never be able to get into. I think the truck summary count is alot easier since it is all electronic and takes very little time to complete. Even though the TRS system tells them how many trucks come through our stations it does not tell them what type of trucks.
    I don't agree with supervisors changing actual numbers just to inflate the numbers. I do believe we all have ajob to do and this is just one aspect of our job.
    I personally like this job. I don't have to worry about crack heads and foot pusuits and domestics, etc. Been there done that and got the scars to show for it. This job is a very easy job to do. Yes it is a different aspect of being an LEO and we are not treated as LEO's by the outside world and our own admin. But like it or not we are LEO's.
    Just do your job and while doing your job trust me you will have all the regular LEO stuff come.
    We are all short handed and most of the officers are upset and not happy. Since I have been with this agency it has come along ways. I never thought we would become accredited but look at us we, the officers, got this done.
    Overall this is a good agency to work for. Does it have "BS" of course it does. But you have "BS" at every Dept. that aspect never goes away.
    I have always said this job is not for everyone. If you don't like it then get out and find something you do like. Things will change in the future. No drastic changes anytime soon but they will change.

DITTO!! PIGGY PIG. Excellent point. :twisted:

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast