In spite of the reports of negatism, the sky is not, in fact, falling over Perry. While I and several of my cohorts cheerfully refer to our dear old village as "Crazy Town, USA" I have endeared my self to many of the residents who want a better Perry. There is a silent majority of citizens, that would love to restore a relationship with the Perry PD, and help win back their neighborhoods, one block at a time. There are a lot of good people who are tired of the loud music at midnight, the fights at one and to in the morning, and ultimately, the unreported rapes and beatings that goes on behind closed doors. They are tired of waking up to unbelievable amounts of litter and broken glass, on the streets and sidewalks in front of their homes.

Homes, nice homes, in which they invested twenty to thirty years of their lives to living in are being run down. To now see it come to this: trashed yards, and broken glass, crack pipes in the driveway, and little baggies blowing in the breeze? But they are getting to old to handle it themselves, so they call us, and we respond, the best we can. We try, and thats not winning the war. We need people to trust us, and to understand that we are the good guys, and we are here to help.

We need better support from the people, a clear message to come from the people, that this lifestyle of killing, stealing and destroying stops now. Much as in the days of the children of Israel, much like Joshua, communitty leaders, mothers, fathers, brothers and sisters need to unite against this threat. As one collective voice, they need to unite, and declare with conviction, that as "for me and my house, we shall serve the LORD".

There is importance of God in our communnity, and He must be first. We can put a church on every corner but until we begin to live our lives by His Word and teach His ways to our children, we will always be our worst own enemy.