QUESTIONS ABOUT GETTING ON AS A CERTIFIED POLICE OFFICER
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

QUESTIONS ABOUT GETTING ON AS A CERTIFIED POLICE OFFICER

If your a currently law enforcement officer do you still have to take the physical ability test? Also what type of FTO period do you go through ? Any information will help. Thanks

tests

1) No physical agility.
    2) Just apply and wait for an orientation date
    3) Polygraph
    4) Background
    5) Physc test
    6) Medical

Once you have completed the above, you have a regular FTO program, like non-certified.

I heard that I can't apply for MDPD until one year after probation...Is that true?

Not necessarily, I applied as a certified candidate and I only sponsored myself through the police academy. You'll have to complete their agency-specific training in the academy, which is like 2 months long.. After that you should be good to go for FTO..

Question on the agency-specific training in the academy....What does that cover? ASR, TASER, and Agency Policy? Also, do they treat you like the FHP Academy treats everybody (Shark Attacks, Smoke Sessions)?

I have no on the job experience, just one of those dudes who only went through the FDLE CMS curriculum for 6 months.. From what I hear, we would be joining with a current academy class for their last 2 months.. Chances are they're past the "red phase" of the academy, but we'd probably have to PT several times a week til we finish.. And of course, play along with the instructors' silly mind games.

PO's that are certified and have worked for other LE agencies, have to attend the MDPD specific training too?

probably.. how far are you in the process? my file was passed on to backgrounds almost 2 weeks ago

My file was approved several months ago, just waiting for a start date

According to an LT I spoke with recently, any new classes (for recruits and laterals) won't start til' October at the earliest.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast