Sheriff's race
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Sheriff's race

Sheriff's race

Whats anyone have to say about the Sheriff having some competition this election term? I have met Levins, hes a great guy.

I think he may have a hard time against Sheriff May. But, It is possibly a way to conitue for the people of Okeechobee to get to know Levins. I like you think Levins is a good man. I believe he will give Stephen a run for his money when he runs. Levins talks straight unlike Stephen.

Tom Levins for Sheriff
    Paid for by the Committee to elect Tom Levins for Sheriff...lol

Think about this while your counting that raise money.....oh yeah thats right you didn't get a raise

Re: Sheriff's race

Quote Originally Posted by wondering
    Whats anyone have to say about the Sheriff having some competition this election term? I have met Levins, hes a great guy.
    :lol:

No chance guy... Not gpoing to happen. Major Shakey Hands aint got a chance either.... :shock:

??What??

OK no Levins does not have a chance in winning this election. Just wasting money, and he has no real poilitical connections to speak of other than his connections in the corrections division (within the dept.). And that would not necessarily be a good thing. He may be used to running a prison, but he is not used to running a county. Big difference there.

As for the Undersheriff, he is a good man, he is open to the public all the time, and he is very caring and understanding. He has been groomed for years to take over that spot. Unlike many other people, for this county in particular. I cannot think of anyone who would better serve this county than him. Hometown people taking care of hometown people. The way it should be. And you can say all you want to about the good ole boy system of things, but the bottom line is, it is all about family. Levins aint family. And no one else is family either.

sheriff race

Tom Levens lost all possible respect by saying the crap he does on his web videos. Paul May has faults but he has been a great sheriff and has done a lot for this town. Tom Levens is a Correctional "wana-bee". I will back our sheriff and so should eveybody else in this race.

Re: ??What??

Quote Originally Posted by Hold On
    OK no Levins does not have a chance in winning this election. Just wasting money, and he has no real poilitical connections to speak of other than his connections in the corrections division (within the dept.). And that would not necessarily be a good thing. He may be used to running a prison, but he is not used to running a county. Big difference there.

As for the Undersheriff, he is a good man, he is open to the public all the time, and he is very caring and understanding. He has been groomed for years to take over that spot. Unlike many other people, for this county in particular. I cannot think of anyone who would better serve this county than him. Hometown people taking care of hometown people. The way it should be. And you can say all you want to about the good ole boy system of things, but the bottom line is, it is all about family. Levins aint family. And no one else is family either.

You are right on several things. Levins should have never done the videos and has some things to learn about the Sheriff's Office. Sheriff May has done alot and over all is a good man with good heart. You are also right about the Major being groomed for the job. But that is where you are possibly mislead. The major still has learning to do. He must get some firmness about him and learn to look at all things be telling someone what they just want to hear. He tells people what they want to hear at that time then doesn't think what the long term effect is. To who is grooming him. Start working a little harder or he will have a tough time pull off the election when it is his turn.

Re: ??What??

[quote=Help the county]
    Quote Originally Posted by "Hold On":2e8ot5sm

You are right on several things. Levins should have never done the videos and has some things to learn about the Sheriff's Office. Sheriff May has done alot and over all is a good man with good heart. You are also right about the Major being groomed for the job. But that is where you are possibly mislead. The major still has learning to do. He must get some firmness about him and learn to look at all things be telling someone what they just want to hear. He tells people what they want to hear at that time then doesn't think what the long term effect is. To who is grooming him. Start working a little harder or he will have a tough time pull off the election when it is his turn.[/quote:2e8ot5sm]

What videos on what website? I would like to hear what he has to say.

Not Happening

Well that was not hard to find at all. How can someone try to woo the officers and staff at the S.O. and in the same run of videos bash a deputy? Oh and by the way, wouldn't that be considered hear say? I noticed that in that particular video you decided to wear your "cross" tac tie. Did you think that it would make you look more credible? Truly it sounds like Ed Miller all over again. I hope you old schoolers will remember what kind of hell that was, next thing you know, he will be spouting about integrity, and you will not even be allowed to go into Kahootz to get chicken wings because they serve beer. For some reason, that almost came across as trying to impose his own religion on the S.O. Not that he has a chance of winning against our Sheriff anyway, but to whomever would be likely to consider him in the next election, you better open your eyes and take a deep breath. The more time that goes on, the more people will forget what life there used to be like. A Sheriff should be a LEADER not a DICTATOR. Go Spank, you will always have my support, and my vote.

hmmm.....

well now....i believe you just stepped on yourself there.....the best way to win the election?...get the deputies in your corner. but trash talkiing about one? not a good idea. not a good idea at all.
    agreed i was on the levins bandwagon but not anymore. not when your sounding like john q public wanting to gripe and groan like a civilian would to the sheriff or the chief thinking he'll get a free toaster out of the deal. now your just wasting money. concentrate on the more important issues. better health insurance, better pay, union negotiations. these are the issues. retention, continuity. tough luck tom see you in 4 .......when will they learn.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast