Cops for Christ-May Lunch

Cops for Christ-May Lunch

The TPD Cops for Christ will meet for some lunch and fellowship.
    May 14th, 2008
    11:30 AM
    Pizza Hut
    4011 E. Busch Blvd.

Come by for a bite to eat, share some stories and laughter.
    Devotion by Police Chaplain Clarence Nathan.

Religion should have not part in any government work.

Senior Member LEO Affairs Sergeant

Cops for Christ Luncheon

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous
    Mike, sorry, but I'll be in Washington D.C. for Police Week and will not be able to make it. Too bad, as I'd really like to invite the person who doesn't think religion should have any part in government work and pick up his tab. He obviously doesn't understand what it's all about or how Cops For Christ deals more with your Christian Walk and a Support System than it does with any religion. If you don't know the difference, then come to a meeting.

May I attend if I am another agency and how often do you meet? How do I find out?

Anyone is welcome to attend. You can send your info to Mike Willingham and he will add you to the reminder list. He usually posts the info here as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous

Your observation is both stupid and wrong.

Stupid because you think an off-duty lunch is part of government work.

Wrong because religion is intertwined through all of the major documents which formed our nation.

Did you ever read the Declaration of Independence? It makes reference to God and the Creator.

The phrase "separation of church and state" appears nowhere in any official document forming the nation. It was something written in Thomas Jefferson in a private letter to an individual.

You are probably the product of what Neal Boortz calls (disparagingly) "government schools."

Remember who we represent.

I am also sorry I can't attend but, alas, I'm in Alabama. I agree with the Chipster, we should take it easy on "Separation of government and reality". The object of the meetings is to find like minded individuals who wish to share a personal experience or observation with others who have interest. The horse doesn't believe it is thirsty, it doesn't have to come to the fountain.

Religion and Government.

For the person who made the comment about Religion and Government,...please ponder these quotes from our Founding Fathers. You know the guys who signed the Declaration of Independence and put their lives on the line so you can make ignorant statements like the one you made which is protected by the First Amendment.

"Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious
    people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any
    other." --John Adams

James Madison, the fourth president, known as "The Father of Our Constitution" made the following statement

"We have staked the whole of all our political institutions upon the capacity of mankind for self-government, upon the capacity of each and all of us to govern ourselves, to control ourselves, to sustain ourselves according to the Ten Commandments of God."

Patrick Henry, that patriot and Founding Father of our country said,

"It cannot be emphasized too strongly or too often that this great nation was founded not by religionists but by Christians, not on religions but on the Gospel of Jesus Christ".

"It is the duty of all men in society, publicly, and at stated
    seasons, to worship the SUPREME BEING, the great Creator
    and Preserver of the universe. And no subject shall be hurt,
    molested, or restrained, in his person, liberty, or estate, for
    worshipping GOD in the manner most agreeable to the dictates of
    his own conscience; or for his religious profession or sentiments;
    provided he doth not disturb the public peace, or obstruct others
    in their religious worship." --John Adams

"It is the duty of all Nations to acknowledge the providence of
    Almighty God, to obey his will, to be grateful for his benefits,
    and humbly to implore his protection and favors." --George
    Washington

Have a Blessed Day!
    In Christ,
    Former TPD

When is the next meeting and where is it?