Channel 8 reporter
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Channel 8 reporter

Why does the trashy ch 8 reporter keep showing up at D2? she was at our bbq a couple weeks back and today she was there again. Who invites her?

TRANSLATION:

Who is doing her? (is she hot?)

Who is she? Name names!

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous
    Who is doing her?
    Some poor sap who is too stupid to understand that all she wants is an inside track to the next big story to further her career.

Or perhaps this is an opportunity for her to see the human side to all of us. Perhaps if we treat her like a friend we can bring her into the fold. By puting a human face to us cops it will make it harder for her to trash us in the future. I welcome them all to join us. I want them to know who I am and what a great guy I am. Now when some scum bag calls the news to talk about how I violated his rights they may stop and think. They may take the time to find out the real story instead of just reporting the bad guys side of the story.

Lets also not forget that this is a public board. Imagine how this cop or the reporter must feel if they come here and see you trashing them. That is a sure way to make an enemy in the future. And who are you to trash a cop's girlfriend.

Or perhaps this is an opportunity for her to see the human side to all of us. Perhaps if we treat her like a friend we can bring her into the fold. By puting a human face to us cops it will make it harder for her to trash us in the future. I welcome them all to join us. I want them to know who I am and what a great guy I am. Now when some scum bag calls the news to talk about how I violated his rights they may stop and think. They may take the time to find out the real story instead of just reporting the bad guys side of the story.

Lets also not forget that this is a public board. Imagine how this cop or the reporter must feel if they come here and see you trashing them. That is a sure way to make an enemy in the future. And who are you to trash a cop's girlfriend.

Good point, but just like your own coworkers will step on you to get ahead, why do you think a reporter who pops in now and then won't. The media record is hardly positive of us. Most of the stories our twisted 1/2 truths.

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous

Good point, but just like your own coworkers will step on you to get ahead, why do you think a reporter who pops in now and then won't. The media record is hardly positive of us. Most of the stories our twisted 1/2 truths.
    There are always 3 sides to every story. I am more then happy to have reporters in the district who are willing to get to know me as a person.

I think the fact she is willing to come talk to us when there is not a "hot story" to get that shows she has some moral character. If she can show the public that there is more to TPD then just a demanding job I welcome her over anytime she wants. From talking to her I doubt she is getting to know us so she can spring some kind of sneak attack.

I am no sure why the OP is calling her trashy? It is your bigoted attitude that all the rest of us work hard to overcome.

If you think for one minute that she wants to get to know you and humanize cops, you are mistaken. I'm not a media hater, but I realise what their job is. I've been interviewed by the reporter I think this post is talking about and I can see right through her BS. After my interview with her, she asked for my cell number for future stories. Then she called me every so often to get the inside scoop on a cases or investigations that had nothing to do with me. I wonder how many other cops actually fall for that and give her information. I don't think she is trying to go around and stab you in the back but she is looking for inside information she doesn't want to be your friend. If you fall for it and it makes you feel good then go for it. keep feeding her information but it will get you in trouble sometime.

Who hasn't had people ask them about cases? My neighbors ask me all kinds of things even though I have explained I work in another part of town and have no idea what they are talking about

she is not hanging out just to get to get to know you even though there isn't a hot story. she is hanging around to get the inside scoop when there is a hot story. she is a troll and not a very good one at that.

do cops actually believe she wants to be their friend?

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast